David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I bought this and had the hitch installed by a mechanic when he was doing the underbody protection. He said it was easy and without bumper removal.
I still have to do the wiring as part of audio upgrade.

(P.S. I bought two sets but won't need the second one at the end)
Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've done 2 no need to remove the bumper. Sometimes you need to move muffler a bit is all. No need to torque bolts and nuts either, just tighten good and tight. Most of the hitches for sale come with lock nuts or washers any way.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done 2 no need to remove the bumper. Sometimes you need to move muffler a bit is all. No need to torque bolts and nuts either, just tighten good and tight. Most of the hitches for sale come with lock nuts or washers any way.
That statement is ridiculous. Hopefully you are just putting a bike rack on the hitch. Next time you change your wheels just make em good and tight.

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there any consensus on which of the various ~$100 aftermarket hitches to go with? I'd default to Curt due to name brand unless told otherwise.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any thoughts on the aftermarket tow hitch receivers sold by amazon? Being off brand are they safe to use? Only around $100
I wouldn’t try to save a buck if safety is involved. Carrying any load on that hitch involves the safety of other drivers if the part fails.

Take the same approach with recovery gear too. Buy something American made and not Rhino USA specials on Amazon.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fyi Torque for curt is 110 ft/lb

(I got curt from napa $83.49 + tax i bought it before i got the bronco when they had a good deal 02/26/2022)
they drop ship it from curt.

I was able to instal without removing bumper. Torque wrench fits between hitch and muffler. It's tight, but easy

Ford Bronco Aftermarket tow hitch receivers from amazon 1656794214101

Last edited:
Reactions: ar1

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think at $104 for the Curt, that installs in 10 minutes, why even take a chance to save $5-10.
My post may have been unclear. I don't see/seek any savings just wondering if a competitor has come out with a better design or anything along those lines which would merit consideration above the Curt offering. Thanks.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My post may have been unclear. I don't see/seek any savings just wondering if a competitor has come out with a better design or anything along those lines which would merit consideration above the Curt offering. Thanks.
I believe the Draw-tight(?), sticks out an extra 4" or so. Which I thought would be a nuisance at times, and a plus at times. Also some of the Amazon hitches appear to have the 4 pin bracket included, that costs around $18 otherwise.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I say curt is the go to, but you'd have to check their websites for weight ratings
https://www.curtmfg.com/part/13493

The drawtight might work better for your application, but not your shins(just a consideration)

Sponsored

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I say curt is the go to, but you'd have to check their websites for weight ratings
https://www.curtmfg.com/part/13493

The drawtight might work better for your application, but not your shins(just a consideration)
Interesting that the curt offers about half the tongue weight. Something I'm paying attention to as I plan to carry several bikes and use an extension to clear the trunk spare (either would be fine but nice to have the headroom).

Not sure I follow the shins point but if you are suggesting that I may be tall enough to hit my shin on the hitch I guess I'll just take that as a compliment :LOL:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting that the curt offers about half the tongue weight. Something I'm paying attention to as I plan to carry several bikes and use an extension to clear the trunk spare (either would be fine but nice to have the headroom).

Not sure I follow the shins point but if you are suggesting that I may be tall enough to hit my shin on the hitch I guess I'll just take that as a compliment :LOL:
Lol, well, maybe knees. For me, i didn't want a permanent part extending past the bumper, for times the back gate is open and im loading stuff. But i can see how it would be useful for extending out under the tire.

https://www.draw-tite.com/product/76527_class-3-trailer-hitch

My issue with the amazon ones are the weight ratings and certifications(if they have any) who is looking over that? No one probably. I don't even see weight ratings on there
It says this:
  • FUCTION: This 2" Hitch Receiver assembly allows the use of hitch-mounted accessory carriers or lightweight trailers.
Then it says it's a class 3 hitch, who is certifying that?

Then it says its a "beefy" 13 pounds, lol... the drawtite is 21, the curt is 15.
Sponsored

Last edited: