First Name
teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer dropped my towing package thinking it would speed up my delivery. So now I need to get a hitch and lights. I saw a small curt hitch but I'm no sure which lights to go with. I thought I saw someone mention hooking up the lights a certain way could void my warranty?????
I have know idea and really no nothing about that so any help would be appreciated.
I will only be towing a small trailer at times for hay and feed.
My dealer quoted me this which seems very high, plus the backorder situation as usual. lol

The hitch is on back order with no date for delivery. Hitch is $395, wiring is $125 and install is $420 plus your taxes
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you need 7 pin tow capability? If so, just get it built how you want it from the factory, with tow package. It's only another $200-ish to get it done and delivered that way. I figured I've waited this long, I'm not dropping something like tow. I'm a firm believer the backlog is caused more by allocation than anything. That's another debate, but I'd order it how you want it. Good luck.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you already received your Bronco? If so, then we can look at options, but if not, I suggest what the above poster says about having it added back to the order. I got mine in 11 months from order to delivery with a bunch of things people said not to order because it would slow it down - MIC, Tow, Tube doors, maybe more ;)

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curt also makes a 4-ping wiring harness that's plug and play. Check YouTube for installation. Make sure you order the right part number b/c LED and Standard taillights are different.

Sponsored
OP
OP

teresa

Wildtrak
First Name
teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I already have it. The dealer to that liberty which made me mad but after 2 years I wasn't not going to not take it. I got in 11-23

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your dealer took it off without telling you? I would think with enough noise made they should install that wire for you. Or at least discount the labor or something.

I put it back on when I re-ordered for 2023 just so I wouldn't be in this boat. We already are dealing with the dealer for our Jeep Grand Cherokee putting on tow and don't want to hassle with that again. I figured by the time my number comes up they will have sorted out the availability of the wire/chip/whatever the problem was.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your dealer took it off without telling you? I would think with enough noise made they should install that wire for you. Or at least discount the labor or something.

I put it back on when I re-ordered for 2023 just so I wouldn't be in this boat. We already are dealing with the dealer for our Jeep Grand Cherokee putting on tow and don't want to hassle with that again. I figured by the time my number comes up they will have sorted out the availability of the wire/chip/whatever the problem was.
I agree. If my dealer took tow package off without my knowledge, they'd be adding 7 pin tow for me at cost (no labor). That's not right.

OP, good luck getting this figured out. Like other posters have said, 4 pin is easily added, but 7 pin is much more involved. If you need 7 pin, there's information on this forum and people who have done it. I'd search for those threads and take the detailed description to the dealer, let them fix their mess.

Sponsored

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hitch install, literally anybody can install it, in minutes. The only thing is the bolts should be torqued to specs when completed.

Wiring harness for LED Curt #56468 (according to posters)

Posted by another member.

Full install video for aftermarket hitch and wiring harness | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
It’s interesting that this install shows installing the bolts from the backside of the frame cross brace , where as the Ford install shows removing the bumper and installing the bolts from the outboard side of the rear frame cross brace

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s interesting that this install shows installing the bolts from the backside of the frame cross brace , where as the Ford install shows removing the bumper and installing the bolts from the outboard side of the rear frame cross brace
Perhaps the engineers at Ford believe you should torque the nut, not the bolt.......that's the best I can come up with for turning a three minute job, into a project.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Perhaps the engineers at Ford believe you should torque the nut, not the bolt.......that's the best I can come up with for turning a three minute job, into a project.
Yeah dumb. This takes minutes to do. If you are doing a 7 pin quite honestly you have the wrong tow vehicle. Needing electric brakes means you should have another vehicle. 4 pin should be enough with a bronco.

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if contact with the bumper is why? The video showed an added washer to take up some slack in the bolt (so that the bolt doesn’t contact the bumper) . Maybe Ford figures there’s no need if you just run the bolts from the other direction? I suppose metal vs plastic rear bumper might play a part also?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if contact with the bumper is why? The video showed an added washer to take up some slack in the bolt . Maybe Ford figures there’s no need if you just run the bolts from the other direction? I suppose metal vs plastic rear bumper might play a part also?
I didn't have to add any additional washers, it fit perfect. Perhaps Curt uses a 1/4" shorter bolt now. I have the plastic bumper.
Sponsored