Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started searching to see if Curt had a bronco hitch yet. They do not but came across this one for the wrangler...

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hi...pU-4CnvyenBUaHc8rwPPuV5vgUICORGAaAl2fEALw_wcB

It looks very similar to the bronco one from what we can tell and at only $66 it's a steal. I'm hoping the bronco one will be in the ballpark. Not sure how ford justifies the cost to add towing.

My reason for one is just for a bike rack. No need for electrical hookups.

My other vehicle is a ford flex that did not come with the factory tow package. I added a $160 curt hitch and was able to just buy the oem ford rear harness for towing from my dealer for $70. I was surprised to find out that the fuses and relays for the 4 and 7 pin were preset under the hood. The only mod needed on my end was just the rear harness. Here's hoping the bronco is this easy.
Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I started searching to see if Curt had a bronco hitch yet. They do not but came across this one for the wrangler...

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hi...pU-4CnvyenBUaHc8rwPPuV5vgUICORGAaAl2fEALw_wcB

It looks very similar to the bronco one from what we can tell and at only $66 it's a steal. I'm hoping the bronco one will be in the ballpark. Not sure how ford justifies the cost to add towing.

My other vehicle is a ford flex that did not come with the factory tow package. I added a $160 curt hitch and was able to just buy the oem ford rear harness for towing from my dealer for $70. I was surprised to find out that the fuses and relays for the 4 and 7 pin were preset under the hood. The only mod needed on my end was just the rear harness. Here's hoping the bronco is this easy.
Curt recently advertised this one. CRT-13493

https://realtruck.com/p/curt-class-iii-trailer-hitch/v/ford/bronco/2021/

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if i am not mistaken, the ford frame cross member is 2 7/8 thick and the curt hitch you mentioned has a 3 1/8 inch channel to straddle the cross member. so you should be good with the use of a couple of shims to take up the additional space. this should be fine for if you are looking to mount bicycle carriers. i would be concerned about max towing applications.

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the link. How did you find that? When I put in my vehicle info that doesn't show up, yet it says fits 2021 bronco (not sport).
I was checking on
Thanks for the link. How did you find that? When I put in my vehicle info that doesn't show up, yet it says fits 2021 bronco (not sport).
I was checking the RealTruck site for GoRhino D1 running boards and saw they had just advertise it.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just received my Curt 13493, started a thread, didn't realize this one was here.

I'm beginning my "If Ford won't build it I will" Bronco build

I received my after market hitch today, Curt 13493, 350/3500 lb, same design, layout and capacity as Ford Factory hitch. This hitch will be great for those wanting to carry a cargo/bike hauler, add a recovery point or tow a light trailer. It's for those who didn't order the factory set up because you couldn't with your trim, thought $600 was too much or forgot and will be happy with Ford's 3500# tow limit. I will add a 4 pin wiring set up when flip, Curt or etrailer figure it out.

How to get it: Short version: I ordered from Real Truck (Curt #13493) for $111 last Thursday, shipped from Curt Friday arrived Colorado Monday.
Long Version: Stumbled upon it at etrailer for $245, which is as much as the Ford version. Checked Curt Website for $147, but sold out. Checked Curt's dealer network one at a time finally found Real Truck @$111. (Odd it shipped from Curt even though they showed sold out)

I've always liked Curt's quality and this is the same, good design, good welds, good paint. Side note this one will be easier to install than the Ford one because you don't have to remove the bumper facia, bolts are installed from the front (muffler side).

13493_1024x768_a-jpg.jpg

imgp5384-jpg.jpg

...and mine measures 2.75" in the channel

Last edited:

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received my Curt 13493, started a thread, didn't realize this one was here.

I received my after market hitch today, Curt 13493, 350/3500 lb, same design, layout and capacity as Ford Factory hitch. This hitch will be great for those wanting to carry a cargo/bike hauler, add a recovery point or tow a light trailer. It's for those who didn't order the factory set up because you couldn't with your trim, thought $600 was too much or forgot and will be happy with Ford's 3500# tow limit. I will add a 4 pin wiring set up when flip, Curt or etrailer figure it out.

How to get it: Short version: I ordered from Real Truck (Curt #13493) for $111 last Thursday, shipped from Curt Friday arrived Colorado Monday.
Long Version: Stumbled upon it at etrailer for $245, which is as much as the Ford version. Checked Curt Website for $147, but sold out. Checked Curt's dealer network one at a time finally found Real Truck @$111. (Odd it shipped from Curt even though they showed sold out)

I've always liked Curt's quality and this is the same, good design, good welds, good paint. Side note this one will be easier to install than the Ford one because you don't have to remove the bumper facia, bolts are installed from the front (muffler side).

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hitch imgp5384-

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hitch imgp5384-

Did you get it installed yet? Looks exactly like what I need. Also for carrying bike rack. Not towing. And I’d probably remove when rock crawling.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

13493_1024x768_a-jpg.jpg

imgp5384-jpg.jpg

Especially nice to hear that we don't even need to remove the bumper. Since I'll only be using it for a bike rack I also like that it's smaller and symmetrical (i.e. it doesn't have the thing on the side to hold the wiring harness cap). If I eventually do add a 4-pin connector I certainly don't need a big metal plate to hold the end given how infrequently it would be used.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you get it installed yet? Looks exactly like what I need. Also for carrying bike rack. Not towing. And I’d probably remove when rock crawling.
I would need a Bronco for that..I'm stuck in the Dirt Hill with the BadBatchBroncoBast**ds

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna wait on this hitch. I'm a dirt pit bronco as well. By the time I get it I most likely will have my bike away for the winter. On the plus side I'm hoping to see this more available and discounted more by next spring.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any post install Curt hitch pictures?

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve gotten 3 updates from realtruck about my order pushing back my delivery date each time. Starting to think this whole thing is cursed at this point. Not that I need the hitch now because my MIC is pushed out again. Oh well.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve gotten 3 updates from realtruck about my order pushing back my delivery date each time. Starting to think this whole thing is cursed at this point. Not that I need the hitch now because my MIC is pushed out again. Oh well.
Real Truck was unbelievably fast for me. I ordered as soon as I found it because I was afraid they would go fast.

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Real Truck was unbelievably fast for me. I ordered as soon as I found it because I was afraid they would go fast.
Interesting data point. I ordered quickly as well - but apparently not quickly enough. I’ll sit back and patiently wait, just like the rest of this experience.
Sponsored