Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 40 and I'm getting a 4-door. I want the ability to easily get into the back seat. I've always had a 4-door car. My husband has a Mustang and it's a hassle to do anything with his backseat.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
55 - 4Dr Base 2.7L Squatch

I bought two new 2Dr Wranglers before the 4Dr Unlimited came out in 2007. I bought two 4Dr Wrangler Rubicons in 2007 and 2012. Having lived with both 2 doors and 4 doors for years, I can say that I was way happier with the 4 doors. And, All these were BEFORE I was married or had kids. Having doors for rear passengers and lots of extra room for stuff makes the vehicle so much more practical/useful/enjoyable in so many ways. Kinda obvious.

BTW, I overlanded both 4Dr Rubicons from Texas down through Mexico and through every country in Central America. I did this two winters in a row for about 3 months per trip. I would not have done this in a 2 door, no way! I slept in the back of one in no man's land between El Salvador and Guatemala on a return trip when I had problems at that border crossing. It was easy to sleep in the 4Dr.

In summary, a 4Dr is a go anywhere, do anything vehicle with better on road driving characteristics. The 2Dr has less utility and is a pain in the ass in certain situations. For the many people who think they look cooler in a 2Dr, more power to you! You probably don't look as cool as you think. I personally don't give two sh_ts what I look like or what anyone thinks. I want to have fun in my Bronco and the ability to do anything. The 4 door is the only way.

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I have 2 small ones. They have hair all over their bodies though, and even the 5-year old still walks around on all fours. Neither can talk yet, just make loud short sounds when they get excited. The younger one is obsessed with tennis balls and frisbees.
I too, have a tennis ball and frisbee obsessed fur child who snorts a lot! Edited to add, ordered a 4 door as he requires his own window.

Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers tempImager1m9Jo

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 42 and getting a 4dr. I have always had 4 doors (with the exception of my 86 4Runner).

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that just about every vehicle has a 4 door option these days and wasn't so much the case in the past. Hell even the suburban was a 3 door for a pretty long time.

More specifically for me, it's a pain in the but to get to a car seat in a 2 door, longer wheelbase=more ride comfort, I really won't need the tighter turning radius for legitimate off road, and can fit most surfboard in the 4 door.

All that said, If they would have had a 2 door "LJ" version (longer 2DR like Jeep), I probably would have opted for that.

Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But seriously... where is the POLL?!
Still just shy of 40. I only ever considered a 2dr. The lady and I will not be having kids. Just the dog. In fact, depending on options aftermarket, I'll be taking out the back seats... or at least one of them. My vehicle isn't the one we take if we ever have more than us. Bottom line. This. Is. MY. Vehicle.

Last edited:

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
44. 2-door. Purist 'n' shit.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only ever considered a 2dr. The lady and I will not be having kids. Just the dog. In fact, depending on options aftermarket, I'll be taking out the back seats... or at least one of them. My vehicle isn't the one we take if we ever have more than us. Bottom line. This. Is. MY. Vehicle.
Opinion/conversation poll, not a boring check the box type.
Hate those!

Sponsored

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
29. Happily single with no crumbsnatchers. Getting 4-DR. Own a large dog and routinely end up being the friend hauler.

Plus I like the proportions and size.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

59 years young - Old Man, I mean Carbonized Grey/2Dr/Badlands/Sasquatch/2.7L/Lux/MIC/Tow

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only ever considered a 2dr. The lady and I will not be having kids. Just the dog. In fact, depending on options aftermarket, I'll be taking out the back seats... or at least one of them. My vehicle isn't the one we take if we ever have more than us. Bottom line. This. Is. MY. Vehicle.
Same here. As soon as a rear seat delete kit hits the market Im in. Rear seat delete and those hideous looking tie down handles on the front fenders.....gone.