Reaction score
Website
www.buildingmybronco.com
Vehicle(s)
G35
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
I ordered a 2 door, kids grown. I'm 43
Sponsored

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
38, 2 door. I plan on removing the roll bars in the summer for an open-air beach cruiser experience and the 4 door looks like a big dumb bathtub with the roll bars removed.
Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers 2E1FB8EE-6641-4A31-B399-B4AC8D741B9D

Hoosier.Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hoosier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 KR, 2011 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

24 and a 4dr cuz they look better and you can keep your doors in the vehicle as well

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After our daughter was born my wife and I went out and bought a new 2 door car back in the 80s(we were in our early 20s) looked cool but BIG mistake LOL, I can't count the times I smacked my forehead putting our daughter in her car seat, now 38 years later and in our 60s were going 4 door cause you just never know what might happen again 😉

Dakattack

Badlands
First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

29 here with the wife, one year old and 2 big dogs I went with the 4 door. Plan to camp and hunt out of it and need room for gear, dogs and the family!

Sponsored

jakelele23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t see a poll

Also your assumptions are probably not widely true, the assumption that 2d is freedom and 4d is baggage.

I’m buying a 4-door. No children and early 30s.

Same here. I got a 4D cause I wanted friends to enjoy riding with me and maybe sleep in the back?

ibanezadam117

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
26 - 4dr

BUT my first vehicle was a full size 2dr 93' chevy blazer. loved that thing more than life.
but after 300k miles, maintenance was starting to cost more than the vehicle itself.

since then ive been waiting for a company to reintroduce a 2dr suv. Chevy really shat the bed with their new "blazer". Bronco was a godsend - but tbh i like the look of the 4door more and feel like beach/camping trips will be easier to haul stuff around. I probably won't use its full capabilities 95% of the time, but having the option is nice.

I think the 2dr is sexy. I think the 4dr is sexy

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

45-2 door for me and only one reason. Because Broncos are 2 door Wagons. Just like it says on the title of my 73.

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
58 and only a 2 door. I don't like people, and want to be left alone. Mostly the dog with me and occasionally one grandchild at a time. Freedom in my generation meant time to yourself. No chores, no nagging, no "what ya thinkin bout" crap. A 6 pack, a fishing pole, and peace and quiet. Sorry if I offended anyone. Not really though. I also prefer the 2 door sedan/sport coupes of days gone by. GTOs, 442s, Chevelles, Torinos, Cougars, Chargers. If it's too much of a pain to get in the back seat, PLEASE don't come along. I'll be OK.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
I'm 51 and I ordered a 4 door.

All three of my Jeep Wranglers were 2 door and they're nice and all, but when I'm going camping or out shooting in the desert, I need to be able to put the gear in there. I can only have one vehicle, so opting for a subcompact just isn't going to work with my lifestyle.