Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

now might be off topic but can you explain bead locks to me. I know what they do but i dont understand the benefits to them regarding off roading

Also dual or single compressor? should i skip the ford one and get it installed in the hood?
Locking the bead comes into play when tires are aired down for increased grip in mud, sand, or on the rocks, etc. When you're down below 18psi or really low down to 12psi, your tire can slip off of the wheel when the tire is going over an obstacle that causes the tires to spin a bit. Locking the bead to the tire helps prevent the tire from coming off. Only concern is that bead locks are illegal in some states and make a tire harder to remove should you have a flat and have a shop replace. Unless it's an off road shop, most regular tire places don't touch bead locked wheels.

Depends on if you plan to wheel and how often. If so, yes, skip the compressor in the bag. It's a hassle to connect that thing to your battery every time. Remember that you'll be airing down at the trail head, then airing back up to go home. If you get a good one installed, it'll not be a concern.

Dual is usually the ARB to get, but that'll mostly affect speed. On 37" and 40" tires is where that tends to matter more. Just get an ARB and don't think about it.

Yes, there should be enough room under the hood to mount a compressor without drilling. Also should be enough room for a dual battery set up, but I'm not sure at this point.
Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck installing it under the hood, not a lot of room and a duel motor compressor isn't exactly small. I have a baged single motor ARB w/digital chuck for my RV's 19.5" tires, and it works well, so I will just through it in the back under the seat.
Where there's a will there's a way. 3.6L V6 Jeeps have even less room, but underhood mountings are known. One Jeep approach is to put a dual ARB under the brake booster (move the inner fender liner out of the way, install on existing studs, put liner back).

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a fan of Viar products personally. My suggestion is to get a compressor rated for 100% duty cycle. For me this has been more meaningful off road than price or even CFM. I want reliability in the backwoods. No need to buy one from Ford unless you really want to wrap it into your financing package.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 10# co2 tank, viair 400p & the ARB twin compressor kit w/ tank thats the big brother to the single ARB kit you’re referring to on the B&P. Viair 400p is too slow for me, co2 is quickest, arb twin is the most convenient one of the bunch and with a 2-tire hose, its a breeze. I dont like the hardmount system because all 3 vehicles go offroad. I have a co2 tank mount in my wrangler on the rollbar but not installing a mount in the other 2 vehicles.

Ford Bronco Air compressors 285A4CE5-21CC-41DE-A972-9C1965E4CE61

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone ever used the Makita 18v inflator?

I hesitate to install an onboard air system. For the amount I'd use it I'm not willing to plunk down $1000. I'd also like to move it between trucks depending on which vehicle we are tripping in. I'm already in the Makita ecosystem and have a number of 4ah and 5ah batteries and can always just bring a charger along and run in off the inverter.

Slower system but from what I've seen you could probably re-inflate four tires on one battery in 20 minutes.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fantastic this is just what i was looking for. Seems the dual compressor with a tank will allow you to run tools. However it seems the one ford is selling also has a tank just one compressor.

Might have to get fords version!
No tank with the Ford ARB

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would wait for aftermarket, i have one bolted in and hard wired in my current bronco. Less loos items the better when it comes to offroading - anything that moves or raddles might not be around for long :)

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So i see the air compressor on the B/P is pretty good. However if you check the ARB website there are 2 models. A single motor that ford is bundling with the car , and a twin motor. Any off road guys have any opinion on this? is the extra motor worth double the price if mostly you will be filling up 35's?

are there cheaper (and better) alternatives in the aftermarket?

Mostly for sure they will be for filling up tires after a day at the beach

Also not really related. Do you think there is room to mount a fixed model under the hood?

Pretty good video on a comparison. The price on B&P is really not that bad for that compressor.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 10# co2 tank, viair 400p & the ARB twin compressor kit w/ tank thats the big brother to the single ARB kit you’re referring to on the B&P. Viair 400p is too slow for me, co2 is quickest, arb twin is the most convenient one of the bunch and with a 2-tire hose, its a breeze. I dont like the hardmount system because all 3 vehicles go offroad. I have a co2 tank mount in my wrangler on the rollbar but not installing a mount in the other 2 vehicles.
Not to threadjack, but I'd be curious how you've liked the CO2 setup, and if you've had it out in some warmer temperatures. Building my own setup, and this is my only major concern.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to threadjack, but I'd be curious how you've liked the CO2 setup, and if you've had it out in some warmer temperatures. Building my own setup, and this is my only major concern.
I ran it for 3yrs while living in FL where it was consistently in the 90s during the summer.

Frank13

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, Dodge Challenger, Harley Crossbones
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am personally a fan of the dual arb and mounting it on board somewhere. But there are a bunch of videos on youtube that do time comparisons between single dual and portable ones.

However, you'll still only be as fast as the slowest one in your group.

ARB’s own website states dual for the larger tires.

I have been running the dual in my truck for a while now. If you want very fast and just “thrown in like Ford is offering, just get a CO2 tank.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what I have heard both are good, the twin is faster. Most people say if you are pressed for cash the single is fine.

Personally I have one from Northern ?

Dalton07

First Edition
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I use the air compressor Viair 400P-RV to air up LT and RV tires to 80 psi while on road trips. It works great, is quick, and the combined length of the power cord and two air hoses allows me to easily tire a 35-foot fifth wheel. The compressor shuts off automatically, allowing you to air tires a long distance from the unit without having to manually cut them off. Everything goes into a very nice carrying case and stows away easily.
Sponsored

Last edited: