First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never been off roading in a vehicle with airbags. How sensitive will they be - is it turned turned down from traditional road vehicles?
There's no "off-road" program for airbags. Airbags deploy when the sensors detect an impact at greater than a specific speed. Usually, about 25mph. If you hit a tree or boulder dead-on hard enough to bring you to a dead stop while off-roading, your airbags will deploy, but that will be the least of your worries. :LOL:
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hit a buck at 50mph in my wife’s ‘18 grand cherokee that has all the fancy sensors and safety systems, caused 13k in damage and hit it at just the right angle and didnt set off any if the airbags. I wheel the crap out of my truck and wife’s grand cherokee and have never had any concerns of an airbag deploying when on trails.
Hope Deer Season was open and you had a Tag ?

Deleted member 3063

There's no "off-road" program for airbags. Airbags deploy when the sensors detect an impact at greater than a specific speed. Usually, about 25mph. If you hit a tree or boulder dead-on hard enough to bring you to a dead stop while off-roading, your airbags will deploy, but that will be the least of your worries. :LOL:
Unless they're made by Takata.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh don't worry your good?
what kind of idiot... I had audio off because I'm next to my wife who's watching TV - but I already hate that guy for wearing sunglasses the whole time - screams "douche" ... and what kind of moron does that with a brand new truck?

Sponsored

mestuntman

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
OICU812
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just make sure you don't set off the air bag in the passenger seat. That never goes well!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A buddy of mine smashed his front bumper hard enough to twist the frame in his Jeep JKU and the airbags didn't go off. Everyone was okay, but if that didn't do it (assuming it wasn't a malfunction), then I don't think it is something you really have to worry about.
It ought to have the ability to turn off the explosives in front of your face when it knows you're off road going really slow. It's not uncommon to slowly roll down off an obstacle and slip and drop a few inches at the last moment. I for one certainly don't want my vehicle giving me a black eye for doing something entirely predictable and safe, even if it puts a dent in the bumper.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who builds an upramp without a down ramp? That's the reason he totaled his truck. I wonder if the insurance company replied to his claim with the :ROFLMAO: emoji and a link to one of the YouTube videos.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... You’ve gotta be going pretty damn fast for the airbags to go off ...
Fairly certain there is more than your speed involved in activation. A stationary vehicle being struck by a moving object still has its bags go off.

Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RSCA can and have deployed if you tilt too much.

I assume the Bronco has none, like the Wrangler?

Most off road adventures are below the threshold to deploy the front airbags.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw airbags on that one! ? he went a little big on that one!
This is when people find out that Hollywood stunts are not just taking a stock vehicle and doing crazy things to it. And that many vehicles are totaled doing these stunts. Still this guy's personal video reel of "stupid things I did in my life" is more epic than most people's. :ROFLMAO:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Airbags are pretty sophisticated these days. In my 2012 F-150 the passenger's side seat bag did not deploy because it wasn't necessary but all of the others did. I was hit head-on by an out of control van travelling at 100 km/h. You only have to do this once to believe in airbags and crumple zones.

I think for most off-roading there shouldn't be an issue. You could always pull the fuse but then if you happened to need the airbags you wouldn't have them.

f150crumpled.jpg

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Naked Gun. From a time when Hollywood wasn’t afraid to makes jokes about everyone and everything.
1607399929316.jpeg
One of the greatest films of all time. I'm pretty sure it won every Oscar that year. OJ has a small part but sadly there is no white Bronco in the film.

Sponsored