Sponsored

Alignment necessary after upgrading to OEM take-off Badlands non-SAS wheels and tires?

jefpel

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco BB 4 Door, '16 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all, I've moved from the stock BB wheels/tires to an OEM take off set of Badlands non-SAS wheels and tires:

P255/75R17 A/T TIRES (32.1") to P285/70R17 (32.7")

Do you think I will need an alignment? I've read mixed reviews that an alignment is only necessary if you level/lift. Any insights?

Also, for those who have swapped wheels, have you also swapped your TPMS sensors over? The Badlands take off set did no come with TPMS. Not sure if I should order a new set or steal the 5 sensors from the BB wheels before selling them.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Alignment necessary after upgrading to OEM take-off Badlands non-SAS wheels and tires? 1658765402066

20220723_124202.jpg

20220723_100218.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably not necessary for just a wheel/tire swap, but It’s pretty cheap insurance to make sure your new tires wear correctly. I would 🤷‍♂️

As far as the TPMS sensors, it’s always easier to sell take offs with the TPMS sensors in the wheels and ready to go.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
No need for alignment if you are just changing the wheels

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope—no alignment is necessary unless you start changing the geometry of the suspension. Just going to a bigger (or smaller) tire doesn't not change the suspension geometry.

Agree with @Ducati1098 in regards to the TPMS. You'll usually have an easier time selling your old take-offs if they have sensors included. I personally just install a different set of sensors in my new wheels. That said, I don't know how much TPMS sensors go for these days, so if they are pricey it may make sense to swap them over. (I have a bin of sensors sitting in my garage so it's effectively free for me.)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know how much TPMS sensors go for these days, so if they are pricey it may make sense to swap them over.
~$84 each (MSRP), ~$55 each (discounted).

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't worry about the alignment now, wait until you get a lift or break something.

I sold my takeoffs with the sensors still in them, the buyer was able to bolt them on and be done. Nice perk.

Meanwhile I put new knock off sensors in my wheels that have given me trouble. Switched to the Discount Tire sensors and they've been rock solid, they're about $30 each.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
no alignment needed. Waste of money. If truck had no unusual wear before it wont now. Geometry doesnt change unless lifted. Just leave sensors in old wheels and get new ones. They are cheap and bronco recognizes new ones as soon as tire spins.

OP
OP
jefpel

jefpel

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco BB 4 Door, '16 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you all for your insights. Probably going to skip the alignment or only do it if level it. Going to see what some aftermarket sensors are worth.

Some before and after pics if anyones interested. I'm a big fan of the Badlands wheels and the K02's are great for the Canadian winters. Definitely changes the look!
Ford Bronco Alignment necessary after upgrading to OEM take-off Badlands non-SAS wheels and tires? 20220723_124202

Ford Bronco Alignment necessary after upgrading to OEM take-off Badlands non-SAS wheels and tires? 20220723_100218

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all, I've moved from the stock BB wheels/tires to an OEM take off set of Badlands non-SAS wheels and tires:

P255/75R17 A/T TIRES (32.1") to P285/70R17 (32.7")

Do you think I will need an alignment? I've read mixed reviews that an alignment is only necessary if you level/lift. Any insights?

Also, for those who have swapped wheels, have you also swapped your TPMS sensors over? The Badlands take off set did no come with TPMS. Not sure if I should order a new set or steal the 5 sensors from the BB wheels before selling them.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Alignment necessary after upgrading to OEM take-off Badlands non-SAS wheels and tires? 20220723_100218

I just changed my base to Badlands wheels and tires and no alignment. I did note however that the bottom rubber spacer pushed out the spare a little. Less tread on the stud for the lug to catch. Now I'm wondering if I need to trim it a little bit and how much?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well here is the thing.... How much of a market is there really for your old tires and wheels? I mean if they were the Sasquatch then I'd see it...

Personally I've been trying to sell some old stuff and have had a real hard time getting any decent money for it. If I had to buy five sensors at $55 a piece, I'd be swapping them old ones because in the end I don't think you're going to get that much for your old set of tires.
Sponsored