First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, and it looks much better in person. The stance and appearance is really transformed. You should be able to find some take-offs in your area.
Looks good! So a couple of questions, please-
1. How is the drive with the tires - noticeably rougher or louder?
2. There are some people in the Dallas area selling their BD wheels/tires with the ko2 factory set up - my obx is coming in finally before end of this month. I changed the color to Oxford white and I like the black/white contrast- do you think I should throw on bigger tires on the obx wheels as my dealer is giving me credit for my new tires upon delivery or best of I just get the BD wheels? Typing from my phone so please excuse any thumb errorsā€¦
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2. There are some people in the Dallas area selling their BD wheels/tires with the ko2 factory set up - my obx is coming in finally before end of this month. I changed the color to Oxford white and I like the black/white contrast- do you think I should throw on bigger tires on the obx wheels as my dealer is giving me credit for my new tires upon delivery or best of I just get the BD wheels? Typing from my phone so please excuse any thumb errorsā€¦
Thanks for your questions and I hope this helps.
1. Not rougher at to me and slightly louder but with radio I donā€™t notice it at all.
2. Personally I do not like the OBX wheels but if you like them upgrading tires only is much less hassle. By BD do you mean Badlands or Black Diamond? I like either combo but the Badlands has the KO2ā€™s which are noticeably larger than the Black Diamond tires. I bought my Badlands take offs and sold my OBX set to a guy with a base model. My upgrade with mounting only cost me $500 net and I am very satisfied. This takes patience but is doable. Good Luck and let me know how it goes.

PlanoMatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. Not rougher at to me and slightly louder but with radio I donā€™t notice it at all.
2. Personally I do not like the OBX wheels but if you like them upgrading tires only is much less hassle. By BD do you mean Badlands or Black Diamond? I like either combo but the Badlands has the KO2ā€™s which are noticeably larger than the Black Diamond tires. I bought my Badlands take offs and sold my OBX set to a guy with a base model. My upgrade with mounting only cost me $500 net and I am very satisfied. This takes patience but is doable. Good Luck and let me know how it goes.
Yes I will and great info! Badlandsā€¦.wheels are awesome - Iā€™ll let you know once I figure out the route Iā€™m going.

Ag_bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Armanod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Greetings, I thought that I would share pics of my slightly modified OBX. Long story short, love the Badlands stock wheel configuration and I was able to get a great set from a fellow member, thanks so much @Ahauser2010! I have not seen this configuration yet but it is common in the Jeep Wrangler community. I could not be happier and my Bronco is on the way to become just what I wanted.

IMG_1789.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1793.jpeg

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg
Looks great- Iā€™m getting my OBX in a few weeks, was looking for some wheel upgrade ideas!

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

one issue for me is the OBX wheels are skinny 7.5ā€ wide I think that coupled with it being 18ā€ limits your upgrade choices.

very slight noise difference to me itā€™s not really louder but a different sound than the stock tires.

As for driving no rougher maybe even the opposite since they have more sidewall to flex.

Sponsored

Ddeaner

Outer Banks
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Greetings, I thought that I would share pics of my slightly modified OBX. Long story short, love the Badlands stock wheel configuration and I was able to get a great set from a fellow member, thanks so much @Ahauser2010! I have not seen this configuration yet but it is common in the Jeep Wrangler community. I could not be happier and my Bronco is on the way to become just what I wanted.

IMG_1789.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1793.jpeg

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg
can you send a photo from the front? Would like to see if there is any poke. Looks great

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

can you send a photo from the front? Would like to see if there is any poke. Looks great
Thanks so much. I donā€™t have a pic but there is no poke outside the fender flares. The tires do fill up the fender flares nicely though and the stance is much more pronounced. If I can get a pic soon I will send it.

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a lift kit on it?

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMG_1789.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1793.jpeg

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg
Looks great! I, too, am a Badlands OEM wheel fan. My original order was for a BL because I like the wheels and tires. When it came time to reorder, I switched to a BB and bought a set of BL wheels off of eBay. When I pick up my Bronco on tomorrow or Saturday, the wheels and tires will already be swapped out. Good luck with your OBX!

s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great! I, too, am a Badlands OEM wheel fan. My original order was for a BL because I like the wheels and tires. When it came time to reorder, I switched to a BB and bought a set of BL wheels off of eBay. When I pick up my Bronco on tomorrow or Saturday, the wheels and tires will already be swapped out. Good luck with your OBX!

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed s-l1600
Thanks and good luck to you as well! You will love your Bronco and the Badlands wheels, really complement the design the best of all the various wheels. It has been 6 months since I switched and I am 1000% satisfied! Enjoy your Bronco and go get it dirty!

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put 285/75R18 on my OBX wheels.

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed s-l1600
Looks great. I'm considering doing the same. Any issues with the spare and rear break light clearance? Think they'd require a lift kit? Thanks!!

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great. I'm considering doing the same. Any issues with the spare and rear break light clearance? Think they'd require a lift kit? Thanks!!
I lifted mine, I think it would be very tight if not. I did extend the brake light for clearance, otherwise the tire will block it.

Ddeaner

Outer Banks
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your post convinced me to make the move. Really glad I did. I concur with your statements on ride quality and noise.
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 5C12D6C2-EEDC-414A-8346-094963A822FD
Sponsored