Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does that do with the speedometer ? How many MPHs are you off at 65 mph? Has anyone had the Bronco speedometer recalibrated for larger diameter tires? If so, how was it recalibrated?

It looks GREAT!
Sponsored

OBXA51

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put 285/75R18 on my OBX wheels.
Do you have some additional pics on the entire rig (or point me to where you posted them)? I have the same truck (colour, trim, model) and want to upgrade the tire, while keeping the rim. I haven't decided on a lift or not yet

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have some additional pics on the entire rig (or point me to where you posted them)? I have the same truck (colour, trim, model) and want to upgrade the tire, while keeping the rim. I haven't decided on a lift or not yet
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 20211216_130547
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 20211216_130626
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 20211216_130554
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 20211216_130601
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 20211216_135519

Message me if there's a specific angle or pic you're looking for.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, looks just like the Badlands- but with colored handles and fenders. Who would've thunk!

Shaggy

Big Bend
First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Which rear axle do you have? If you have the 3.73, any concerns with increased tire size and extra weight?

Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

camnut

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wheels look perfect. Thanks for posting!

I also picked up a set of badlands wheels for my OBX which is scheduled next month to be built (we will see)
I plan to spray them black with hyper-dip though, that is if our weather would cooperate :rolleyes:

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This looks fantastic....thanks for sharing. I'm hoping I can find a set of these locally whenever I finally take delivery. I'm curious why you needed to swap the TPMS instead of reprogramming them. Did the previous owner take the original set of sensors for his new wheels?
Yes, the Badlands wheels came to me without TPMS, which we had agreed upon.

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This was my original plan to replace my OBX rims with. However, I was looking for a little more outward push from the wheels. The +55 offset still has the wheels recessed under the fender flares.

I went with RTR Tech6’s (if they ever ship them) because of the +30 offset to be flush with the fenders.

I will say, the BL rims do look really good on your OBX! Goes great with A51!
Thanks so much. I also liked the RTR Tech6's. My tires' sidewalls come right to the edge of the fender flares. I will try to get a pick and post here, but I am well pleased with the look.

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great Everette. I do like those better than the factory OBX wheels. I may be doing the same if I ever get my OBX.

BTW, this is the way it's done in the Jeep community. Grabbed a set of Rubicon take-offs for my Sahara.

Before

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 20211216_135519

After

Thanks and that was exactly my thinking. I like to try to stay as close as possible to stock as I can and the Badlands wheels/tires were the perfect combination. Love that Sahara Wrangler!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wheels look perfect. Thanks for posting!

I also picked up a set of badlands wheels for my OBX which is scheduled next month to be built (we will see)
I plan to spray them black with hyper-dip though, that is if our weather would cooperate :rolleyes:
Thanks so much and that sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing how they look. I saw a guy on here, somewhere, who powder coated his OBX wheels and it totally transformed their look.

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What does that do with the speedometer ? How many MPHs are you off at 65 mph? Has anyone had the Bronco speedometer recalibrated for larger diameter tires? If so, how was it recalibrated?

It looks GREAT!
Thanks so much and check out the wheel comparison tool on tiresize.com for the MPH difference. I will have the dealership change it when I do my next service.

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which rear axle do you have? If you have the 3.73, any concerns with increased tire size and extra weight?
I have the 4.27 rear end with the locking rear diff, so no concerns.

OBXA51

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Message me if there's a specific angle or pic you're looking for.
Thank you.

Sorry if you have already addressed this, but do you wish you went with less of a lift, or gone with a bigger tire (and new rims)?

Here's where I am coming from. I was really ignorant on the tire / rim set up, not just on the OBX, but in general. I really thought I could find new meaty larger rubber that could go on the stock rim. I have 2 sets of winter rims (and one set of winter rubber) in my shed that were purchased for previous vehicles, and didn't want to end up adding to my collection. I never once thought anything about the rim size on the OBX, and how it limits the options for off road tires. I also think there is a lot of after market rims out there that are awful, so I wanted to keep the stock rims, because I do like them. Now that I know more, I realize there are very few options for the OBX rims.

I know the owner of a tire shop, and he said anything I want he'll sell at cost. But he wasn't comfortable putting a lift kit in. When I called the local Off Road shop, the guy on the phone was great, but warned me they have had plenty of clients that kept the rims, added bigger rubber, lifted it, then realized they should have went with bigger rims.

My Bronco has not seen the light of day since October, and won't come out until at least April. As the summer ended, I knew I had some time to do research and figure out what I think I like and what I don't. But while the number of Broncos on the road has increased, every one I have seen is still stock.

In those side pics, there looks to be a ton of room in the wheel well.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you.

Sorry if you have already addressed this, but do you wish you went with less of a lift, or gone with a bigger tire (and new rims)?

Here's where I am coming from. I was really ignorant on the tire / rim set up, not just on the OBX, but in general. I really thought I could find new meaty larger rubber that could go on the stock rim. I have 2 sets of winter rims (and one set of winter rubber) in my shed that were purchased for previous vehicles, and didn't want to end up adding to my collection. I never once thought anything about the rim size on the OBX, and how it limits the options for off road tires. I also think there is a lot of after market rims out there that are awful, so I wanted to keep the stock rims, because I do like them. Now that I know more, I realize there are very few options for the OBX rims.

I know the owner of a tire shop, and he said anything I want he'll sell at cost. But he wasn't comfortable putting a lift kit in. When I called the local Off Road shop, the guy on the phone was great, but warned me they have had plenty of clients that kept the rims, added bigger rubber, lifted it, then realized they should have went with bigger rims.

My Bronco has not seen the light of day since October, and won't come out until at least April. As the summer ended, I knew I had some time to do research and figure out what I think I like and what I don't. But while the number of Broncos on the road has increased, every one I have seen is still stock.

In those side pics, there looks to be a ton of room in the wheel well.
I'm 6'6 so I like the higher lift. I think a 2" lift would be good too, but you'll need to remove the crash bars in front. I'm super happy with the stance and how it rides. If you're going to switch rims, I'd look at a 17 inch, as there's more tire options available. Tires are pretty wide, but with no offset you don't get the poke outside the fenders that I think youre referencing with the tire width.
Sponsored