Sponsored

Bigger tires on same factory wheels (Outer Banks non Sasquatch)?

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yeah those are not as common anymore, i guess anything narrower than a 12.50 on a 35 and up is "skinny" lol!
I know what you’re getting at though. Saw a Raptor on 37x12.5 this weekend and thought it felt narrow. Tire height makes a big difference.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you are correct on the diameter, but nearly every 35x12.5R17 out there is listed on Discount Tire’s website as accepting down to a 7.5” wheel.

I’ve been compiling a list of both 35” and 37” tires in preparation for upgrading my Black Diamond once I get my Sasquatch takeoffs and steering bushing installed. See the photo of my spreadsheet below. Ignore the total lift column, as that’s specific to the Sasquatch shocks and spacer lift I’m installing.

IMG_1609.jpeg
To be sure though, double check the actual tire manufacturer specs. Because I had noticed some discrepancies. For example, for the Territory 315/70/R17 (~35") tire size, looks like Goodyear recommends wheel width 8"-11".

https://www.goodyear.com/en_US/tires/wrangler-territory-mt/24362-79627083300000.html
Ford Bronco Bigger tires on same factory wheels (Outer Banks non Sasquatch)? 1701784647702

Neon_Lemon

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think I’d try going over 33” tires with those wheels. Even the standard badlands with 33” tires has wider rims. If you want 35s easiest thing to do would be to buy sas takeoffs. I would also do it the right way and add Badlands suspension takeoffs to raise it up and inch or two. Doesn’t look right with stock suspension and 35s. Then of course you need to tune the ECU. Not cheap to do it the right way. Even then you will be worsening the awesome ride quality of the OBX.
Oh it doesn't look right? I beg to differ. My non-SAS on 35x12.50 looks pretty damn good. Also, my ride quality has been excellent because I spent the extra coin on good A/T tires and avoided the gimmick of running M/T's.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 4-door outer banks non sasquatch. My rims are 18” and my tires 32”. I love the look of the bigger tires but also love the rims my bronco came with. Does anyone know if I’d be able to keep the rims and go to 35” tires? Thank you!!

Ford Bronco Bigger tires on same factory wheels (Outer Banks non Sasquatch)? 1701784647702
you can find tires to fit but dont expect them to fit under your bronco without some lift

OP
OP

ssil

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh it doesn't look right? I beg to differ. My non-SAS on 35x12.50 looks pretty damn good. Also, my ride quality has been excellent because I spent the extra coin on good A/T tires and avoided the gimmick of running M/T's.
Did you lift yours at all?

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you think it looks good thats all that matters. I'm just saying look at a pic of a Bronco with factory sas package on 35s and a pic of somebody who just throws 35s on the standard suspension... it does not look the same and its obvious when even a small lift has not been added. Go flex your 35s on trails and you will probably get some rub. It doesn't matter what type of tires you run, adding size and weight lowers ride quality vs. smaller lighter tires no way around it. Some people notice that stuff, others don't but if he is used to the stock outer banks setup he will almost certainly notice the difference.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 4-door outer banks non sasquatch. My rims are 18” and my tires 32”. I love the look of the bigger tires but also love the rims my bronco came with. Does anyone know if I’d be able to keep the rims and go to 35” tires? Thank you!!
Depending on the width of the tires, yes.
You’ll need to remove the bolt-in crash bars. Ford leaves them off of all Sasquatch broncos for tire clearance.

I didn’t realize anyone thought those rims were attractive though.

The dealership or someone with Forscan can recalibrate your speedometer for tire circumference. Or get theFord Performance tune and do it yourself.

F2W12

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I kept my OBX rims since I think they're the best looking of the OEM bunch (although I know I'm in the minority). I upgraded to 275/70/r18 General Grabbers since that was also the largest size I could find in a standard load. I'm very happy with the look and performance/comfort vs other options.

OP
OP

ssil

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I kept my OBX rims since I think they're the best looking of the OEM bunch (although I know I'm in the minority). I upgraded to 275/70/r18 General Grabbers since that was also the largest size I could find in a standard load. I'm very happy with the look and performance/comfort vs other options.
Do you have any pics? Thanks!

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope you're at least running the 4.27 and not 3.73 differentials... unless you're just doing mall crawling. 35s with a 3.73 would be just asking for trouble... in my opinion.

Sponsored

BigShan808

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco and 2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When time permits I have RC's 2" coilover kit waiting to get installed on my wife's OuterBanks. Saw RealDealNeal's video (on YouTube) of an OuterBanks they installed a 2" lift on and added 295/70/18 RidgeGrapps. I plan on going with Falken AT3's in the same size.

Last edited:

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think I’d try going over 33” tires with those wheels. Even the standard badlands with 33” tires has wider rims. If you want 35s easiest thing to do would be to buy sas takeoffs. I would also do it the right way and add Badlands suspension takeoffs to raise it up and inch or two. Doesn’t look right with stock suspension and 35s. Then of course you need to tune the ECU. Not cheap to do it the right way. Even then you will be worsening the awesome ride quality of the OBX.
Yeah I don't agree with any of that.
I'm running 275/80-17 Milestar Patagonia XT's and couldn’t be more happy. And you can adjust your speedo easily with forscan.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah I don't agree with any of that.
I'm running 275/80-17 Milestar Patagonia XT's and couldn’t be more happy. And you can adjust your speedo easily with forscan.
I’m glad you’re happy but if you are running that tire size you aren’t using the factory obx wheels which is what OP asked about. Didn’t say tuning the speedo was hard just said u have to do it and it costs $ to do so, of course.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m glad you’re happy but if you are running that tire size you aren’t using the factory obx wheels which is what OP asked about. Didn’t say tuning the speedo was hard just said u have to do it and it costs $ to do so, of course.
Sorry forgot to mention I'm on Black Diamond Steelies. My point was that you don't have to go larger or different wheels if you don't want to.
And I read your original post as "it costs a lot of money to fix the speedo". Which it doesn't.