Sponsored

Bigger tires on same factory wheels (Outer Banks non Sasquatch)?

ssil

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 4-door outer banks non sasquatch. My rims are 18” and my tires 32”. I love the look of the bigger tires but also love the rims my bronco came with. Does anyone know if I’d be able to keep the rims and go to 35” tires? Thank you!!

IMG_8653.jpeg
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think you may have a challenge with both the width and the diameter.....

First) I do not believe there are a lot of 35 inch tires made to fit an 18 inch diameter... I think there are a couple but not many... most everything seems to favor either a 17 inch or 20 inch.

Second) is your width. I am guessing it is an 8 inch width. If you are looking at a 12.5 width tire I believe the minimum recommendation is a 8.5 inch wheel. You might find an 11.5 width tire in a 35 but to find that and fit an 18 inch rim.... Good luck.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there are some companies that will widen the rims for you, if that becomes the limiting factor

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can also do 1.25" bolt on spacers. That will make a world of difference with the look of the stock wheels.
Stick with a name brand like BORA Garageline or Titan.

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 2.3L Non-Sasquatch Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you may have a challenge with both the width and the diameter.....

First) I do not believe there are a lot of 35 inch tires made to fit an 18 inch diameter... I think there are a couple but not many... most everything seems to favor either a 17 inch or 20 inch.

Second) is your width. I am guessing it is an 8 inch width. If you are looking at a 12.5 width tire I believe the minimum recommendation is a 8.5 inch wheel. You might find an 11.5 width tire in a 35 but to find that and fit an 18 inch rim.... Good luck.
I think you are correct on the diameter, but nearly every 35x12.5R17 out there is listed on Discount Tire’s website as accepting down to a 7.5” wheel.

I’ve been compiling a list of both 35” and 37” tires in preparation for upgrading my Black Diamond once I get my Sasquatch takeoffs and steering bushing installed. See the photo of my spreadsheet below. Ignore the total lift column, as that’s specific to the Sasquatch shocks and spacer lift I’m installing.

IMG_1609.jpeg

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you are looking for a "pizza cutter" tire. for example, my F250 has a 285 75 R18 on it which equates out to basically 35x11 and honestly it handles well and looks good. skinny tires have advantages, and wide tires have advantages.

i'm seriously looking at a 37 x 11.50 for my bronco, 1 it's lighter than its 12.5 counterpart, 2 it should fit better lock to lock on steering especially while flexed.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know your wanting to stick with the stock OBX wheels. But here is my regular OBX with sasquatch take offs with no lift. I think it looks so much better with the bigger tires.

20231128_131010.jpg

Sponsored

Hawkstone

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB, Audi and Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 4-door outer banks non sasquatch. My rims are 18” and my tires 32”. I love the look of the bigger tires but also love the rims my bronco came with. Does anyone know if I’d be able to keep the rims and go to 35” tires? Thank you!!

Ford Bronco Bigger tires on same factory wheels (Outer Banks non Sasquatch)? 20231128_131010
Check out Tire Rack. You can plug in rim size, etc., to your search. Good luck!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Northwest Bronco on YouTube is running Black Diamond Steelies and Sasquatch sized tires with no ill effects, but his Bronco is a Sasquatch. Tires shouldn't be an issue, especially given the above posts. I'd recommend finding some Sasquatch take off springs and shocks for the lift to go along with the tires.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you are looking for a "pizza cutter" tire. for example, my F250 has a 285 75 R18 on it which equates out to basically 35x11 and honestly it handles well and looks good. skinny tires have advantages, and wide tires have advantages.

i'm seriously looking at a 37 x 11.50 for my bronco, 1 it's lighter than its 12.5 counterpart, 2 it should fit better lock to lock on steering especially while flexed.
Dang! 285’s are pizza cutters now?

I always thought it was those super tall 255/85’s I’ve seen here from time to time.

If OP is dead set on keeping the wheels he can do 295/70 which looks pretty damn good. If guys are throwing those on their super duties it will not look undersized on your outer banks.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t think I’d try going over 33” tires with those wheels. Even the standard badlands with 33” tires has wider rims. If you want 35s easiest thing to do would be to buy sas takeoffs. I would also do it the right way and add Badlands suspension takeoffs to raise it up and inch or two. Doesn’t look right with stock suspension and 35s. Then of course you need to tune the ECU. Not cheap to do it the right way. Even then you will be worsening the awesome ride quality of the OBX.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang! 285’s are pizza cutters now?

I always thought it was those super tall 255/85’s I’ve seen here from time to time.

If OP is dead set on keeping the wheels he can do 295/70 which looks pretty damn good. If guys are throwing those on their super duties it will not look undersized on your outer banks.
yeah those are not as common anymore, i guess anything narrower than a 12.50 on a 35 and up is "skinny" lol!
Sponsored