Sponsored

Fit 35" tires on Outer Banks factory wheels?

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay, so I feel incredibly stupid for having to ask this question, but I think (hope!) you guys will be kind. :)

So I don't want to pay for the Sasquatch package, and my Outer Banks model will be just a DD and street queen. A little creek bed in WV is about all the action she's ever going to see. I'd like to get 35" tires just to boost her up slightly in height. Can I use the factory rims that come on the Outer Banks and buy my own 35" tires? Being the tightwad that I am, I'd like to wear out the tires that come on it and then replace with 35" tires, if that's possible.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, so I feel incredibly stupid for having to ask this question, but I think (hope!) you guys will be kind. :)

So I don't want to pay for the Sasquatch package, and my Outer Banks model will be just a DD and street queen. A little creek bed in WV is about all the action she's ever going to see. I'd like to get 35" tires just to boost her up slightly in height. Can I use the factory rims that come on the Outer Banks and buy my own 35" tires? Being the tightwad that I am, I'd like to wear out the tires that come on it and then replace with 35" tires, if that's possible.
odds are your going to have to add a lift to the outer banks to fit those 35”

the outer banks has the same basic suspension as the base package.

So if your going to put 35” on it your better off getting the Sasquatch package. However I don’t think you will need those unless you go balls out off-roading. Just get some decent 33” A/T tires and that will be fine for your needs.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

So if your going to put 35” on it your better off getting the Sasquatch package. However I don’t think you will need those unless you go balls out off-roading. Just get some decent 33” A/T tires and that will be fine for your needs.
In his use case...just throw some pucks on the struts and BOOM.

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In his use case...just throw some pucks on the struts and BOOM.
Yeah, my bad. I was thinking I read somewhere the Bronco would take 35" tires without a lift.

Will the factory 18" rims take 35" tires?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, my bad. I was thinking I read somewhere the Bronco would take 35" tires without a lift.

They might not, you'd be looking as 35/12.5/18s that require about an 8.5" wheel and 255/70/18s are seem to be designed for 7.5" rims. The tire width range for KO2s in 255/70/18 is 6.5-8.5 inches according to tirerack.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sure...but they won't say "35" on the side. They'll say something like "275/85/18" I'd that's even a size lol

Reactions: bek
OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah, you're right, I don't. I'm going to follow y'alls advice and either get a short body lift or maybe just squeeze 33" tires on there. Thank you guys!

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It does say that, but you have to get the Sasquatch package bc Sasquatch has like a 1”inch higher suspension than stock.

Reactions: bek

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm getting outer banks with the sasquatch package, but I'm going to get custom wheels right off the bat and put 33" overland-ish type tires on them. I'll store the stock wheels and 35's for heavy trail days or maybe just sell them. I'll probably be the only person with a 33" sasquatch setup lol. I just don't want to spin those big 35s for daily driving duties. But I do want the lift and other Sasquatch goodies. I think 33" is a very good compromise for road and desert trail work.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, you can. You might want to just buy the Factory 2" option that is promised at the time we spec these out... and keep your 18" wheels for a later tire replacement. Milestar (Patagonia) makes on of the top rated and CHEAPEST 35x18rx12.5 tires out there, and there will be a dealer that handles Milestar, close to you. You may/may not need a spacer at the hub, depending what the backspacing is on your 18" wheels, but they're not too pricey!

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm currently running 35/10.50r17s on my Jeep.
Just a 2" lift and flat fenders, with the factory rims was needed to keep them from rubbing.
Going thin, but tall is better than fat and tall.

--------
The Sasquatch rims have a visibly deeper offset than the badlands rims.
12.50 width tires VS 10.20 width.

A good WAG at this time, is that going wider than 285 ( 10.50) is going to need aftermarket wheels , or bolt-on spacers.
Never use wheel shims on a 4x4. You will break the studs while driving.
And that could get,..... exciting.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands 33” tires and wheels photoshopped onto an Outer Banks. Gives you a good visual.

Ford Bronco Fit 35" tires on Outer Banks factory wheels? 1599227646284
That would be perfect in my mind. Add a rear locker and modular bumper and you are good t go in my book :)

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I would like to get 33" A/Ts as you said. My questions are 1) Will Black Diamond (my choice) rims take the 33s? 2) Will there be enough clearance with stock suspension for 33s. I am not sure, but it seems like the Badlands that has 33s standard has an extra 1/2 in lift or am I mistaken?
Sponsored