First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you got the rear locker on that you basically have 85% of the capability of a Badlands in a simple daily driver suit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you got the rear locker on that you basically have 85% of the capability of a Badlands in a simple daily driver suit.
Exactly! It is my daily driver and my goal is understated capability.

g8rb8t

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ChapEJF would you mind snagging a measurement to the bottom of the running board step and overall height? Considering the KO2 Badlands change but wondering if it's a lot taller or just an inch for step in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ChapEJF would you mind snagging a measurement to the bottom of the running board step and overall height? Considering the KO2 Badlands change but wondering if it's a lot taller or just an inch for step in.
Sure, I will get you the measurement to the bottom of the step at the driver's door, but what do you mean about overall height? To the top from the ground? Thanks,

g8rb8t

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trying to compare obx non squatch hardtop height with and without Badlands ko2. Just noticed yours is soft top. No worries step height would be great. Thanks!

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trying to compare obx non squatch hardtop height with and without Badlands ko2. Just noticed yours is soft top. No worries step height would be great. Thanks!
From the ground to the bottom of the step at the driver's door handle is 14.25 inches. Hope this helps. I would highly recommend the Badlands takeoffs. The look and drive are great. I paid $1100 for the takeoffs and sold my OBX takeoffs for $700. Paid $100 to move the TPMS over and rebalance and mount. For a net $500 it was an awesome upgrade.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On paper, the diameter of the Badlands 285/70-17 tires is approximately 3/4" taller than the OBX stock tires. Which is a 3/8" radius so the Badlands should only raise the Bronco 3/8".
Here's my contribution to the thread.
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 2022-02-05 00.35.43
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 2022-02-05 00.35.52

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

tfishmandesign

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From the ground to the bottom of the step at the driver's door handle is 14.25 inches. Hope this helps. I would highly recommend the Badlands takeoffs. The look and drive are great. I paid $1100 for the takeoffs and sold my OBX takeoffs for $700. Paid $100 to move the TPMS over and rebalance and mount. For a net $500 it was an awesome upgrade.
Looking to do the same to my OBX. Did you have any lift / level installed? Crash bar removal? I'm worried about the rubbing and MPGs. Thanks!

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking to do the same to my OBX. Did you have any lift / level installed? Crash bar removal? I'm worried about the rubbing and MPGs. Thanks!
Hi, no level or lift. Did not remove crash bars and no rubbing at all. This is a great upgrade to the OBX and I strongly recommend it. Maybe 1 MPG hit but hardly noticeable. Love the looks and stance.

tfishmandesign

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi, no level or lift. Did not remove crash bars and no rubbing at all. This is a great upgrade to the OBX and I strongly recommend it. Maybe 1 MPG hit but hardly noticeable. Love the looks and stance.
Awesome! yeah your rig is sick. completely changes the look of the OBX! Im probably going to do the same as you, thanks and enjoy!

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did the same today! Had a 6hour round trip but the price was good for a set mounted balanced and with tpms sensors. My wife goes I can’t even tell the difference🤦🤦. I said I can they fill the wheel wells out more and I forgot to take a pic from the front but they look much better not as skinny.
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed F7AEB6FA-B375-41D5-B42B-E6380C42175C

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 23D988FB-85FA-4868-B11F-D699105D42F9

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did the same today! Had a 6hour round trip but the price was good for a set mounted balanced and with tpms sensors. My wife goes I can’t even tell the difference🤦🤦. I said I can they fill the wheel wells out more and I forgot to take a pic from the front but they look much better not as skinny.
Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 23D988FB-85FA-4868-B11F-D699105D42F9
Looks great! To me it is world of difference. Love the Carbonized Gray color as well.
Sponsored