Sponsored

Fit 35" tires on Outer Banks factory wheels?

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the Outer Banks, 33” tires would be an easy swap. BGF KO2 A/T tires are 32.5” in diameter and 460 revolutions per mile, with the stock Duelers being 32.1” in diameter and 469 revolutions per mile. No need to have the speedometer recalibrated or mess with the predetermined shift points on the 10 speed auto. It’s my plans for my Outer Banks. Good set of wheels and it’s a done deal.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there specs anywhere for the width of the 18” wheel on the OBX? I see most of the 275/70/18 tires call for 7.0” width minimum. My 2018 F150 has 7.5”, hopefully the Bronco will be the same? I just wish they had the same bolt spacing ?

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there specs anywhere for the width of the 18” wheel on the OBX? I see most of the 275/70/18 tires call for 7.0” width minimum. My 2018 F150 has 7.5”, hopefully the Bronco will be the same? I just wish they had the same bolt spacing ?
Anybody’s guess at this point. The only thing we know is the lug spacing is 139.7mm. Bore and offset are still unknowns. I plan on aftermarket 18 x 9 wheels, once all the factors are known.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody’s guess at this point. The only thing we know is the lug spacing is 139.7mm. Bore and offset are still unknowns. I plan on aftermarket 18 x 9 wheels, once all the factors are known.
I did find where the width is stated by Ford (different post, but is it on the Bronco site) 18” wheel on OBX is 7.5”. OK for most 33” tires, too narrow for most 35”. I am still thinking 275/70/18 may be the sweet spot if it fits without modifications.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did find where the width is stated by Ford (different post, but is it on the Bronco site) 18” wheel on OBX is 7.5”. OK for most 33” tires, too narrow for most 35”. I am still thinking 275/70/18 may be the sweet spot if it fits without modifications.
Spec set for 275/70x18 KO2
93CED732-8613-457E-B2D4-A87F10347290.jpeg

Spec set for 33” KO2

DCB523F7-8156-4A02-8090-7E6BBF25A474.jpeg

Sponsored

Skmarshall

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '16 Escape, '19 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe that the sasquach adds longer control arms to the IFS for the 35s. I don't think a simple body lift will be enough, please correct me if I am mistaken.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that the sasquach adds longer control arms to the IFS for the 35s. I don't think a simple body lift will be enough, please correct me if I am mistaken.
Would certainly make sense since Sasquatch has a wider track.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Okay, so I feel incredibly stupid for having to ask this question, but I think (hope!) you guys will be kind. :)

So I don't want to pay for the Sasquatch package, and my Outer Banks model will be just a DD and street queen. A little creek bed in WV is about all the action she's ever going to see. I'd like to get 35" tires just to boost her up slightly in height. Can I use the factory rims that come on the Outer Banks and buy my own 35" tires? Being the tightwad that I am, I'd like to wear out the tires that come on it and then replace with 35" tires, if that's possible.
You’re pro
Okay, so I feel incredibly stupid for having to ask this question, but I think (hope!) you guys will be kind. :)

So I don't want to pay for the Sasquatch package, and my Outer Banks model will be just a DD and street queen. A little creek bed in WV is about all the action she's ever going to see. I'd like to get 35" tires just to boost her up slightly in height. Can I use the factory rims that come on the Outer Banks and buy my own 35" tires? Being the tightwad that I am, I'd like to wear out the tires that come on it and then replace with 35" tires, if that's possible.
[/QUOTE
the Sasquatch package comes with a modified/lifted suspension to clear the 35’s.

the wheels that come with the OB are 8 inches wide so you could accommodate some 35 in tires but they would have to be narrow tires

Reactions: bek

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO people are better off just getting the Sasquatch package. You get everything you need and more.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think I want 4.70 gears or the SQ fender flares. Rear locker and 33’s with the stock height/flees seems like my preferred set up. Front locker and heavy duty axle is cool, but for the difference of about $3k, it seems like I could use that for my winch, roof rack, lights and other cool stuff I want and do need even more.

Sponsored

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm getting a 2DR SquatchBanks, but I'll sell off those hideous factory wheels first thing and transfer the 35" tires over to a better looking aftermarket 17" wheel. But for daily driving duties, I'm planning to get another set of aftermarket 17" wheels with a nice 33" all terrain tire. I'm assuming there will be programming boxes you can buy to adjust the speedo and shift points based on your rear end ratio and tire circumference.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why guess when you can just read the Bronco spec sheet, attached.

Attachments

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hundreds of posts on this subject, no discussion of longer control arms. The height difference is only .6 inches after adding the tire difference. Speculation is it is taller shocks.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why guess when you can just read the Bronco spec sheet, attached.
Where on the spec sheet does it tell me anything beyond wheel size? No center bore, no offset. Things you need to know before ordering aftermarket wheels.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where on the spec sheet does it tell me anything beyond wheel size? No center bore, no offset. Things you need to know before ordering aftermarket wheels.
The spec sheet has diameter and width, that was the question. Bolt pattern has been confirmed in several other threads. The remaining specs are TBD, don't order wheels until Ford releases all info officially.
Sponsored