Sponsored

All I want for Christmas is... raised floor with two full slide drawers for the cargo area (only)

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just want a raised floor with two full slide drawers for the cargo area (only) for the Bronco. I'd like the top to follow the contours of the rear cargo area (not just squared off) so there aren't any gaps for stuff to fall into. Why has no one made this available for sale? Thinking an interior version of a Decked system.
Sponsored

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just want a raised floor with two full slide drawers for the cargo area (only) for the Bronco. I'd like the top to follow the contours of the rear cargo area (not just squared off) so there aren't any gaps for stuff to fall into. Why has no one made this available for sale? Thinking an interior version of a Decked system.
This would be a great project for someone like @Mabett even if it uses ABS and not expensive steel or aluminum ones currently offered from current 3 parties or Ford’s overpriced slide out tailgate. Yes plastic is not as secure, however if lockable, it would at least provide some extra storage and an additional deterrent to a quick smash and grab, especially for soft top folks.

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This would be a great project for someone like @Mabett even if it uses ABS and not expensive steel or aluminum ones currently offered from current 3 parties or Ford’s overpriced slide out tailgate. Yes plastic is not as secure, however if lockable, it would at least provide some extra storage and an additional deterrent to a quick smash and grab, especially for soft top folks.
I will definetely consider.

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a buddy who builds custom cabinets for high end homes. He's building exactly this for me now. Floor is level so you can sleep in the Bronco. There is only a single drawer that slides out, but the entire shelf system can also slide out to form a table and provide access to the storage under the floor where the jack is located.

Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a buddy who builds custom cabinets for high end homes. He's building exactly this for me now. Floor is level so you can sleep in the Bronco. There is only a single drawer that slides out, but the entire shelf system can also slide out to form a table and provide access to the storage under the floor where the jack is located.
Mind sending me a quote about the cost? Maybe 2 sets can be considered as a group buy :)

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ditto............

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mind sending me a quote about the cost? Maybe 2 sets can be considered as a group buy :)
My buddy is building two of them: one for me and another for a friend with a Black Diamond. I'm not sure he'd be interested in doing more since it's a bit of a distraction from his cabinet business, but I'll ask him. My buddy's Black Diamond unit is about done, and my unit will be constructed in the next month or so as slack time is available. I will at least post up some photos when mine is done to throw out some ideas if my cabinet maker buddy doesn't want to make more. I have no idea what it would cost either. I keep trying to give him money for the project and he keeps asking for beer instead. Great friend! :)

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would buy one today if it was available for a two door.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i am gutting my 2023 4 door rear seats this winter. I will be building my own.

RB23

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco SAS Badlands, 2021 Tesla Y, 2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The weight of the drawers is a major consideration as well. I've seen quite a few DIY wood versions that weigh 200+ lbs. The SHW ultralight drawers check that box (62lbs) but give up slides and locks. Still looking...

paleh0rse

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd personally prefer an ABS plastic version of some sort for the weight savings alone. Not thin cheap plastic, but something sturdy would be great!

I drew up plans for a simple wooden version, but it requires big holes all over the sides and bottom to save weight.
Sponsored