Sponsored

All I want for Christmas is... raised floor with two full slide drawers for the cargo area (only)

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice !!
Really like the low profile design and ability to get to the drawers.

If you're buddy is making more......

Lugnut313

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition FX4/Jeep GCL/Porsche 981 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Even if your buddy doesn’t want to make any more - would he considering sharing/selling his plans?

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice !!
Really like the low profile design and ability to get to the drawers.

If you're buddy is making more......
I'll check in with him to see if he wants to make more. He makes high end cabinets for homes and is quite busy, so I'm not sure he wants the distraction of this, and I doubt they'd be inexpensive to make. Just the sliders alone are quite pricey. He laminates the side anchor wood blocks to be sure they won't warp, are sized correctly, and are quite strong. He made two of them at the same time. A buddy and I both had Broncos and worked with him on the design, but it took about 6 months before he had a window to do this on a Sunday.

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if your buddy doesn’t want to make any more - would he considering sharing/selling his plans?
He didn't make formal plans. He took a bunch of measurements, then made a few wood jigs for shapes, like the contours of the back side of the cargo area. He made two at the same time for me and another buddy that owns a Black Diamond. We brought our Broncos over to his shop, with an ice chest of beer, and he just made it to fit. It took most of a Sunday to knock out both units. He previously laminated the oak side blocks, but he cut and trimmed as he went to get it all fitting nicely. I'm sure he now knows all of the details, but I doubt he'd go to the effort to make and sell plans since he's so darn busy making custom cabinets for homes.

Sponsored

freddoswim

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He didn't make formal plans. He took a bunch of measurements, then made a few wood jigs for shapes, like the contours of the back side of the cargo area. He made two at the same time for me and another buddy that owns a Black Diamond. We brought our Broncos over to his shop, with an ice chest of beer, and he just made it to fit. It took most of a Sunday to knock out both units. He previously laminated the oak side blocks, but he cut and trimmed as he went to get it all fitting nicely. I'm sure he now knows all of the details, but I doubt he'd go to the effort to make and sell plans since he's so darn busy making custom cabinets for homes.
Do you happen to have links to the drawer slides you used? Specifically the ones that can hyper extend?

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you happen to have links to the drawer slides you used? Specifically the ones that can hyper extend?
I don't have links. The sliders allowed the assembly to extend and lock into place fully extended, but the lock still wouldn't allow easy access to the jack. To allow easy access, you unlock the assembly, like you're going to fully remove it from the sliders, slide an addition 3 inches or so, then access is easy. If you keep pulling and additional 6 or 8 inches the entire assembly will come out of the sliders. These sliders do have a common technical term, like extended sliders or something like that. They have to hold the weight when really extended so they are beefy AF.
Sponsored