Sponsored

All the people with cracked windshields - repair or full replacement?

Via

Badlands
First Name
ViaC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can definitely relate to your situation. I had a similar experience with a windshield chip, and I opted for windshield chip repair in Denver. I was amazed by the results. The professionals at the local glass repair company I contacted, such as https://www.coloradochip.com/ , were able to repair the chip and restore the integrity of the glass. They used advanced techniques and high-quality materials to ensure a seamless repair. I was relieved that I didn't have to replace the whole windshield, which would have been more expensive and time-consuming. I would highly recommend reaching out to a reputable glass repair company in your area to assess the damage and determine if a repair is possible. They have the expertise to handle various types of damage, including scratches and stains, and can provide you with the best solution for your windshield.
Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone who’s had their windshield cracked, chipped or scratched from rocks did you have the whole thing replaced or try and have it repaired? I got hit bad yesterday by what looked like a small geo rock little larger than a golf ball it made a tiny chip but scratched the glass up really good. I think it might be repairable but really don’t know, it even left some brown stain I can’t get off the glass. Hit so hard I’m really surprised it didn’t break the whole windshield. I’m guessing the rock was up in somones fender well caught in snow and when they hit a bump the snow fell along with rock.
Tomorrow I’m going to call a glass repair company that’s local but just asking here to see if anyone else has had any luck repairing theirs instead of replacing the whole windshield.
I try to keep my distance from people for this very reason, but I had a semi cut me of going 80mph on the highway about a year and a half ago and threw up a pretty big rock that chipped my windshield. I ordered a resin glass repair kit from amazon and so far so good. I have tons of other tiny chips, but I've just let those be and they've been fine so far. On another note, my husband had to rent a car a few months ago. Nothing wrong with the windshield at all that we could see. We live in Tx and had a freeze the day after he got the rental. Went to bed and the windshield was fine, woke up the next morning and the windshield was iced over and the entire windshield was shattered into a million pieces.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone ever able to get a new MAP sticker for upper-right corner?
Funny you should mention that, mine just came in the mail today. I requested it last year, my original windshield had to be replaced in May of 2022.

GOATS

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imaginary Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny you should mention that, mine just came in the mail today. I requested it last year, my original windshield had to be replaced in May of 2022.
I would like to plan ahead.... how did you request a new one? Thanks!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to plan ahead.... how did you request a new one? Thanks!
Customer service chat feature on the website, but you could probably just call CS as well. Have your VIN handy.
Sponsored