First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting. I hadn't looked at it from this perspective. How do you think commodity constraints play into production timing? Before this post, it seems to me that would be the hardest problem Ford will face in producing this many retail orders. We know we face commodity constraints with stock orders, having this many variations (retail orders vs stock orders) would make that worse, wouldn't it? Or would it make it better because they can tell the suppliers what they actually need instead of forecasting need?
I think it's going to be a big part of timing. I posted in the general section earlier that we were told today that the hard top is going to be one of the biggest constraints. That was not good news.
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it's going to be a big part of timing. I posted in the general section earlier that we were told today that the hard top is going to be one of the biggest constraints. That was not good news.
I haven't heard that, but it makes sense was that from your Region rep? If constraints are the main issue, all the allocation talk is moot anyhow.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did a search but did not find anything as to whether or not anyone has been able to get the specific timestamp for their Bronco Reservation.
I called Ford Marketing and the dealer where my reservation is now assigned..... no luck with either Ford or the Dealer.... both say they can only see the date of my reservation but not any specific timestamp.
Has anyone been provided the specific timestamp for their reservation? If so how did you obtain it?
(I am not talking about the date and time of your confirmation email that Ford sent after you made your reservation.)
I have all of mine by the minute since they flowed from Ford's system into our database as an actual internet lead. If your dealer has any kind of modern CRM, then they would have that information. Salespeople may not have it, but management for sure has it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm...that would save me $1900 bucks I guess initially, and maybe I could move up some as I think most / many will be ordering hard tops. I was on the fence on buying it now or later.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did a search but did not find anything as to whether or not anyone has been able to get the specific timestamp for their Bronco Reservation.
I called Ford Marketing and the dealer where my reservation is now assigned..... no luck with either Ford or the Dealer.... both say they can only see the date of my reservation but not any specific timestamp.
Has anyone been provided the specific timestamp for their reservation? If so how did you obtain it?
(I am not talking about the date and time of your confirmation email that Ford sent after you made your reservation.)
Perhaps the reservation number translates into a time stamp? That seems like the only thing nobody has considered.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm...that would save me $1900 bucks I guess initially, and maybe I could move up some as I think most / many will be ordering hard tops. I was on the fence on buying it now or later.
Which top though? Is it the ugly one or the painted or both?

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That would seem to suggest that all two door orders may be adversely affected... The two door has the hard top as standard equipment I believe.

Sponsored

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have all of mine by the minute since they flowed from Ford's system into our database as an actual internet lead. If your dealer has any kind of modern CRM, then they would have that information. Salespeople may not have it, but management for sure has it.
Interesting....
StephensAutoCenter

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we were told today that the hard top is going to be one of the biggest constraints.
I believe that supplier's production facility is still under construction...Webasto Plymouth MI

OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
StephensAutoCenter
IF you are savvy with dev tools in your browser, You can look at the api call that is made when you load your reservations page
it will have a json response that has a created timestamp. Its probably in UTC

TLDR Open Dev tools, load your reservration page, look at the network tab in dev tools
see request for something like https://apigtw.ford.com/oneford/api/gep/USA/reservations/10.....

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

StephensAutoCenter
I know you're not talking about the date and time on the email, but that actually is your timestamp.

Just bring up the email you got from Ford when you made the reservation. The day and time on the email is your timestamp if you're on Eastern time; otherwise, if you're in a different time zone, convert it to Eastern and you'll have it.

For example:
  1. Say you're on Mountain Time.
  2. The time and date on your "Congratulations on Your Reservation for a New Ford Bronco" says: "Tue, Jul 14 at 1:27 PM"
  3. Add two hours to make it Eastern Time
  4. Your timestamp is "7/14/2020 3:27:00 PM."
Does anyone have a timestamp that does not correspond to the date and time on the email? I could be wrong.
Sponsored