First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade 2016 and Jeep Compass 2017
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So on April 1st I put a reservation for a Big Bend. I planned on possibly getting 2.7 and Sas with 4 doors when I went to the dealer once they got the info.

I've seen alot of threads talk about how if you didn't order within the first week your probably not even getting one until next summer? At the time before I seen stuff like that I was hoping to get one atleast by September as anything I wanted wasn't apart of the delays. How realistic is that? What should be my expectations now because it seems like everybody will most likely be not seeing there's until then too.

Am I better off getting in line for MY22? I seen production would start after December of 2021? Would I get a MY22 a year from now if I got in line now?

Does the dealer you have matter in the chance of you getting your bronco based on allocations? I just really want a bronco but it would definitely suck waiting a year from now but it seems like I don't have choice.

What would I have to do to secure a MY22 and or get a MY21 this year.

Also what is the usual what time for ford to send the information to the dealer? A month or few weeks?

Sorry for all the questions. I am just trying to get a solid picture for what I can expect.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, there is so much info on this forum that will give you a lot of insight.

There are still many unknowns, but I can guarantee you you’re not getting a 21. Dealership allocations absolutely make a difference, but not for reservations in April. There are many people on here, maybe half of us who ordered within the first week back in July who know we’re not getting 21s.

Others will chime in with more information, hope this is helpful.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rich, welcome to the forum. You should have had no expectation of getting a Bronco this year by just making a reservation a few days ago. There are some that may not get a Bronco this year and they reserved last July.

So knowing that you'll get a MY22, a reasonable expectation is sometime next summer. Just hold tight until MY22 order banks open later this summer/fall and submit your order at that time.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So on April 1st I put a reservation for a Big Bend. I planned on possibly getting 2.7 and Sas with 4 doors when I went to the dealer once they got the info.

I've seen alot of threads talk about how if you didn't order within the first week your probably not even getting one until next summer? At the time before I seen stuff like that I was hoping to get one atleast by September as anything I wanted wasn't apart of the delays. How realistic is that? What should be my expectations now because it seems like everybody will most likely be not seeing there's until then too.

Am I better off getting in line for MY22? I seen production would start after December of 2021? Would I get a MY22 a year from now if I got in line now?

Does the dealer you have matter in the chance of you getting your bronco based on allocations? I just really want a bronco but it would definitely suck waiting a year from now but it seems like I don't have choice.

What would I have to do to secure a MY22 and or get a MY21 this year.

Also what is the usual what time for ford to send the information to the dealer? A month or few weeks?

Sorry for all the questions. I am just trying to get a solid picture for what I can expect.

Thank you.
Good afternoon.

BB, Sas, 2.7 on April 1.

The original deadline for 1st production run off MY 21 ended in March 19(with a push until April 8). Your desire of BB could be in your favor, both the Sas and the 2.7 could be limited commodities.

An educated, by information sharing, guess would be 0% chance at a 21 and May or June of 22 for your MY22.

Others here may have different guesses.

🤷

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to let you know about half of the early reservations (July 13, 14, 15 of 2020) will be getting a 22MY.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're a second-half 22MY for sure. Over 120k people have already ordered, 60k of which (being optimistic) will be 21MY with much, much earlier reservations.

You should definitely have it before 2023, though. Ford will not make any dealer stock orders until all of the reservations are filled.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The best real hope may be a Bronco that shows up on a dealers lot that someone else refused. The problem here is you may be paying a large markup and it's not likely to be the spec you would have ordered.

Sponsored

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think that if you just made a reservation 3 days ago, then youll likely be a 2023 bronco. I f I were you and you want a bronco before then, I would try to buy one that someone didnt end up buying off the lot to get it sooner. I have a July 17th reservation and dont think I even made the cut for a MY21 and thats within the first week or so of orders. Its all kinda a shit show, who knows man haha. But join the club on the waiting game, just saw 2 yesterday and it will definitely be worth it.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're a second-half 22MY for sure. Over 120k people have already ordered, 60k of which (being optimistic) will be 21MY with much, much earlier reservations.

You should definitely have it before 2023, though. Ford will not make any dealer stock orders until all of the reservations are filled.
That is a qualified maybe. Ford very pointedly changed the verbiage from all reservations before dealer stock to all 2021 model year units before dealer stock months ago. Direct questions to the mouthpiece of communications for Ford specifically asking about the '22s before dealer stock have conspicuously gone unanswered. Ford could decide to do a 50-50 mix of dealer stock and reservation conversions in '22 or 10-90, or 62-38, nobody knows but them. All we do know is that they refuse to answer when asked for the pledge to count for MY2022 and beyond reservations. Even with that, I suspect all converted orders will be done by Summer of 2022, but as in all things, YMMV. Ford could easily do make them though, if they can get parts, the factory can churn out 250000 of them at full chat in a year.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don't worry I just made an account but I have been looking through the threads for a week or so I am past being scared lol.
Did you reserve with Chapman out of Philly?? They are offering a super sweet deal and have been very helpful and responsive. @DealerInsider

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't worry I just made an account but I have been looking through the threads for a week or so I am past being scared lol.
I'm not trying to scare you, but, yeah 2023 can be scary :)

It's really anyone's guess on when each Bronco will be delivered. Based on the press Ford puts out and what everyone cobbles together from what news they can find, you can start to get an idea on when you might get delivery based on what you order. For example, If you want a hard top that is painted, you are definitely looking at a 22. If you want a molded in color hard top or a soft top, you have a chance at a 21. You will find discussions on the 6 deadly sins of commodities. Ford put out an email with a list of items that would be of limited availability and could push you to 22.

There might be a chance you can put together a build that would get delivered in 21! It will come down to what you want in it.

I will say you came to the right place for information. The help I have received from people here has really broadened my understanding of the entire process from reserving to ordering to how it will get built. There are some great dealer reps here that offer some great deals too.

I'll also say there have been a lot of frustrated people here (myself included) due to the delays that have occurred. Keep a sense of humor and know we are all going through it!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes