First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m ready for the next evolution with my factory B&O system. So far I’ve replaced the speakers with Rockford Fosgate punch series including an 8” sub. Rear pods for 6.5’s have been added with their marine grade series. That’s where this rabbit hole starts. The 6.5’s don’t have enough power so my plan is to add an aftermarket amp. At first this was going to be a two channel just for the pods BUT why not add a tailgate sub and go with a 5 channel amp. Yes, I talk myself into this effortlessly! Just ordered the 5 channel Rockford Fosgate amp, Stinger tailgate enclosure w12” sub and wiring kit. I’m keeping the factory sub so finding an additional amp mounting location will need to be somewhat different. I don’t think it will fit under the front seats. My two door has a rear seat delete so rear footwell is an option but not sure that’s the most secure location when the top is off. Any ideas on a mounting location other than R/R quarter for this amp?
Ford Bronco Amp placement alternatives w/B&O? IMG_7566
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure on the size of that RF - but I got a kenwood 5 channel that was 50x4 +500W and it fit perfectly inside my glove box. That RF may be a bit larger though.

I think a lot of the mohbridge folks are mounting under the seats - may want to look at some of those installs.

I heard one guy went in the arm rest / center console but I don’t recall the details off hand. I took a quick look when I was going my amp and decided that looked like more work that I wanted to put into it though.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm likely mounting a Kicker Key 500.1 under the slide out tailgate false floor - I have all my wiring there for my ARB so it should make it easier.

UPDATE: - Mounted perfectly under my slide out tailgate.

Ford Bronco Amp placement alternatives w/B&O? PXL_20240311_011040910 (1)

Last edited:

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you planning for a DSP?

OP
OP
ostmen

ostmen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan on using high input from rear speakers at C300 in the B-pillar. Crutchfield is telling me this will work. I’m going to remove all the rear panels for Killmat installation then decide where to place this amplifier. Leaning towards placing it under the rear seat delete platform.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plan is to go with the MorBridge with DSP, remove the factory amp, replace with my Alpine 5 channel and replace ALL the speakers. The only issue I'm having is finding the speakers I want that will fit with the stock grills, I hear there is not much room.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
@ostmen - did you end up adding the Stinger tailgate sub ? Do you currently have the factory B&O with an upgraded sub in the box ? Also what amp did you use ?

OP
OP
ostmen

ostmen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ostmen - did you end up adding the Stinger tailgate sub ? Do you currently have the factory B&O with an upgraded sub in the box ? Also what amp did you use ?
Added the Stinger tailgate sub, factory B&O sub was upgraded to a Rockford Fosgate 8” The additional amp is a Rockford Fosgate 750w 5 channel

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Added the Stinger tailgate sub, factory B&O sub was upgraded to a Rockford Fosgate 8” The additional amp is a Rockford Fosgate 750w 5 channel
@ostmen - which Rockford did you use and did it drop in or did you need to trim like the Kicker 8 install ?

Traveler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak; 2017 HD FLTRXS and 2008 HD FLSTF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was the new sub a noticable replacement by itself?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ostmen

ostmen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ostmen - which Rockford did you use and did it drop in or did you need to trim like the Kicker 8 install ?
Trimmed a couple of the speaker mounting tabs and it fit.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I just did this week - had to stuff it in here since the 2D panels won't fit over it when you mount it to the stock sub enclosure.

Ford Bronco Amp placement alternatives w/B&O? 1713721256394-e

My plan is to go with the MorBridge with DSP, remove the factory amp, replace with my Alpine 5 channel and replace ALL the speakers. The only issue I'm having is finding the speakers I want that will fit with the stock grills, I hear there is not much room.

misterspivey

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's what I just did this week - had to stuff it in here since the 2D panels won't fit over it when you mount it to the stock sub enclosure.

Ford Bronco Amp placement alternatives w/B&O? 1713721256394-e
Nice!!! You’re a hero @Draughon if you got the mObridge amp to fit in a 2 door with the factory sub still installed. I’ll be watching for a full write up with pics.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick before and after for ya -

The main issue with that location is that it's just a sloping hole... if I were smarter and had a 3d printer, I'd print a little wedge "plug" or platform to put in there to give you a flat level surface to make things easier.

I took the unit off the mounting plate and created the world's ugliest bracket system and re-mounted it to that using 1'' rubber shock washers as standoffs, then more 1/4'' standoffs behind it to keep it off the outside wall metal surface.

I was about to drill a new ground bolt hole, because the ground wire is a bit short, but took a risk and screwed it into that hanging plate and everything seems to be working fine.

Panel went back on, no issues other than the extra weight of dampening stuff I put on it.

Ford Bronco Amp placement alternatives w/B&O? 1713740870594-80

Ford Bronco Amp placement alternatives w/B&O? 1713740914459-pb

Ford Bronco Amp placement alternatives w/B&O? 1713741321989-ud

Ford Bronco Amp placement alternatives w/B&O? 1713741171377-u6

Nice!!! You’re a hero @Draughon if you got the mObridge amp to fit in a 2 door with the factory sub still installed. I’ll be watching for a full write up with pics.
Sponsored