Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its definitely a wait and see for AA. I have connected both Apple Carplay and AA to my Bronco since the Ford OTA update. Carplay is true fullscreen now (apps are edge to edge fullllll screeeeeen on the 12" screen when you toggle them) however on AA the right hand sidebar that takes up 1/3 of the screen remains....and I have seen actual pictures of someone in the thread above with edge to edge fullscreen on AA, so I know it is coming. I have sideloaded the latest AA available, rebooted my Sync, my phone, cleared cache etc, ...I have done all the things....you can't force AA to take the update. We're just gonna have to wait kids 😁
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its definitely a wait and see for AA. I have connected both Apple Carplay and AA to my Bronco since the Ford OTA update. Carplay is true fullscreen now (apps are edge to edge fullllll screeeeeen on the 12" screen when you toggle them) however on AA the right hand sidebar that takes up 1/3 of the screen remains....and I have seen actual pictures of someone in the thread above with edge to edge fullscreen on AA, so I know it is coming. I have sideloaded the latest AA available, rebooted my Sync, my phone, cleared cache etc, ...I have done all the things....you can't force AA to take the update. We're just gonna have to wait kids 😁
And I foolishly thought the waiting was over when I took delivery. I sideloaded AA as well, but it's no different and Sync still hasn't updated either.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ever since the update to full screen CarPlay, when I have CarPlay on, none of the audio sources in CarPlay play sound. Pandora, Music, etc are silent over my Bronco audio system.
Anyone else experience this?

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the update while driving to a trailhead... screen rebooted after gassing up. full screen gaia on android kinda lame as of yet.

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! PXL_20230107_151954553

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the update while driving to a trailhead... screen rebooted after gassing up. full screen gaia on android kinda lame as of yet.

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! PXL_20230107_151954553
That sidebar with the big clock will go away when the update is complete. I still don't have it either...🤷

Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sidebar with the big clock will go away when the update is complete. I still don't have it either...🤷
according to the display the update is complete. the clock is still there :(

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, this worked. Even though one of the perks of having a Pixel is supposed to be first in line for updates, I was still on a Dec 1 version.

Now if my Bronco would just update that would be great.
Google 6 Pro here and mine is saying it's up to date and running on a Nov 5th update. Wth. Trying to get it to update now.... Still says its UTD.

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been watching thread. For what it's worth. The bronco updated a couple days ago to 3.5.3. My Samsung S21 has Android Auto 8.5.62459A-release, which from the sounds of it is not the "coolwalk" version. All said, my android auto / google maps shows full screen on the 12" bronco screen which expands all way to the right ( does not have the clock or other panels in the way ). Not sure whatelse to verify / observe / expect whenever the Android Auto App on my S21 is updated to the "coolwalk" version. FWIW...

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been watching thread. For what it's worth. The bronco updated a couple days ago to 3.5.3. My Samsung S21 has Android Auto 8.5.62459A-release, which from the sounds of it is not the "coolwalk" version. All said, my android auto / google maps shows full screen on the 12" bronco screen which expands all way to the right ( does not have the clock or other panels in the way ). Not sure whatelse to verify / observe / expect whenever the Android Auto App on my S21 is updated to the "coolwalk" version. FWIW...
Mine is on Android Auto 8.5.624594... what is the Cool Walk update? I didn't see it anywhere.

Sponsored

chancewm

Outer Banks
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is on Android Auto 8.5.624594... what is the Cool Walk update? I didn't see it anywhere.
Coolwalk is 8.6.625 or something in that realm. But there's nothing you can do in the meantime to expediate the update other than waiting for Google to deem you worthy.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well this is weird, the update first made my Carlinkit Tbox stop working, it would boot up be recognized as an iphone but the carplay app wouldnt do anything. Finally I did a factory reset on it and its now working again only it wont stretch to fit the screen. My android phone stretches but for whatever reason the Carlinkit wont. Anyone with one of those carplay dongles get them to stretch? My carlinkit sucks anyway, keeps losing GPS and pinch / zoom doesnt work.
To get full-screen on carlinkit, 1st u have to load android auto with phone, then touch the full-screen button, then go back and select the carlinkkit....it then reloads and notices a resolution change....it then shows this screen and then reboots in full screen mode. Takes only seconds to complete.
This is the best setup available at this time by far.

20230106_203830.jpg

20230106_203852.jpg

20230106_204424.jpg

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To get full-screen on carlinkit, 1st u have to load android auto with phone, then touch the full-screen button, then go back and select the carlinkkit....it then reloads and notices a resolution change....it then shows this screen and then reboots in full screen mode. Takes only seconds to complete.
This is the best setup available at this time by far.

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! 20230106_204424

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! 20230106_204424

curious as to why your CarPlay is highlighted but the screen says powered by Android !! Also have you noticed any additional apps from your phone being loaded on the screen?

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after a few days of saying, "hey, that's cool" I am back to having the split screen up because I don't need Waze to fill the whole screen.

GatorFord

Outer Banks
First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250. 2001 Ranger, 2022 Genesis GV70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those that care. The AA version you're running is of little consequence to whether you get the "Coolwalk" update or not. It's a server side switch that Google will send to your device when they feel like it. Sideload all the versions you want to, it will not get you Coolwalk any faster. As long as you're "up to date" from the Play Store, you are fine. Coolwalk will come when Google decides to give it to you.

FWIW, I only got the 3.5.2 Powerup update from Ford last night. Who knows when I'll get the 3.5.3 update. I don't have the Coolwalk update from Google yet either.
Sponsored