Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a dealership SM, if they didn't contact Ford than quit bashing Ford but rather put blame on the dealer, if anything reach out to the GM or Service Director above the manager if there is one. Lemon Law, buy back and all the other comments.... stop.

Call 1-800-392-2673 and ask for it to be escalated to a manager. You get more fly's with honey than with vinegar.

My .02 for what it's worth.
So true, I've had the same thing happen with other products (John Deere, great company, dealer network a little sketchy) that have layers so to speak. Sounds like Ford doesn't know about it, go to another dealer and have them help you. Dealers, many are scumbags and are terrible, but likewise, there are many good dealers who will take care of you. I don't know for sure, but Ford has always taken care of things that were their issue and I have owned a Ford for the last 31 years, minus 2 weeks. Maybe it was great dealers too, I don't know. My most recent deal with Ford was my 2013 F-150, I had over 100,000 miles, well out of warranty. Their was a transmission input shaft sensor that went bad. I took it to a local transmission shop, they fixed it, $800 and change. Ford sent out a bulletin after that said they would fix it despite age and mileage. I went into the the local dealer and handed them the receipt and asked, didn't complain, that I already fixed it and they said they'd submit it, about a week or two later, the dealer called me back and issued me a check for the full repair cost. No other questions asked, no stink eye, just here's your money.
Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fox Ford dealership. They didn't even contact Ford and deemed it normal :(
They didn't contact them because they know the problem solvers were tied up for a couple of years trying to solve the tailgate rattle issue.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these hardtop complaints have me seriously considering not taking delivery of my en route Bronco. I didnt really trust Ford quality going into my order and now Im really shaky.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So....this is the response I just got in my inbox moments ago from Fox Ford dealership:

"at this time,we are not going to replace top due to nothing more thanit is a molded roof and the slight ripples are normal by build"

I then asked for the name and any documentation that they received back from Ford Motor Company regarding my complaint. The response was as follows (you simply cannot make this up):

" no name just compared to a brand new roof like we discussed with my service manager thanks [name removed]"

They actually refused to contact Ford!!!

Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.

Bad Top.jpg
The Owner Relations number used to be 800-392-FORD. That top is definitely not normal.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Ford how long will it take to build back the customer loyalty you are dumping down the drain? The op represents many customers. You should reach out to him and correct that defective top and apologize for the inconvenience and the frustration.
It really boggles my mind how disconnected FORD has been over the last three years with its customers. If FORD wants to keep customer trust then clearly they cannot leave it up to dealer discretion on what to fix and not fix. We have seen this time and time again. One dealer refuses to work on something and another dealer across town happily accepts warranty work. That is unacceptable. An easy fix for FORD is to have warranty/repair ambassadors across the country who ensure that customer needs are in fact met. It's not hard. Someone from FORD, at the local level, where customers could submit warranty rejections to and have them properly review. I bet that this alone would make a huge difference. I honestly have no faith in FORD dealerships and think they are the weakest point in FORDs entire business model. And it's because they act entirely independent of FORD and FORD has no control over them. This is the problem. FORD says one thing and the dealers have complete autonomy to follow what FORD says or reject. And ultimately who pays for this horrible business model....me and you...the FORD customers.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, I did not read thru all comments. 1. Ask your dealership to send pics to Ford's warranty department for approval or denial. If you do not want to do that, then take it to another dealership that will submit it to Ford.

I don't understand why a service writer wouldn't just take pics and submit it? If approved by Ford, that's an 8k-11K warranty job that he/she will get paid on! That is an easy RO to capitalize on!

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, I did not read thru all comments. 1. Ask your dealership to send pics to Ford's warranty department for approval or denial. If you do not want to do that, then take it to another dealership that will submit it to Ford.

I don't understand why a service writer wouldn't just take pics and submit it? If approved by Ford, that's an 8k-11K warranty job that he/she will get paid on! That is an easy RO to capitalize on!
Agreed. My dealership service advisor is the best! It takes an aggressive advisor/dealership to follow thru and make the customer happy. Find another dealership IMO.

First Name
Trav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had our hard top do the same thing and to way less of and extent. We brought it into the dealer, they quickly took a few pics submitted it and got us a new roof within a few weeks. I would try another dealer

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The product is Ford, or (whoever they went with the lowest bidder to design the top)but this issue is 100% your dealer. They do this because they think you do not know the process. Then they say, oh they will just give up.

If the other dealer does not pan out, time to get Ford corp on the phone, and go through it. Be sure to let them know what dealer gave you the run-around. You would be amazed on how that can work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco B

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The product is Ford, or (whoever they went with the lowest bidder to design the top)but this issue is 100% your dealer. They do this because they think you do not know the process. Then they say, oh they will just give up.

If the other dealer does not pan out, time to get Ford corp on the phone, and go through it. Be sure to let them know what dealer gave you the run-around. You would be amazed on how that can work.
Agree! I'm assuming with the bad publicity and affirmation of a true issue here, that another named dealer may really like to take advantage of a hero moment opportunity.

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would walk from that Ford dealer but first talk to the owner……if the owner treats you better then stay…..otherwise just walk away to the next Ford Dealer

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I noticed that defect on my OBX and I'm a bit pissed to say the least. I hope Ford looks at changing these tops out or give us a refund of some sort. I paid way too much.

20230507_180048.jpg

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Being a dealership SM, if they didn't contact Ford than quit bashing Ford but rather put blame on the dealer, if anything reach out to the GM or Service Director above the manager if there is one. Lemon Law, buy back and all the other comments.... stop.

Call 1-800-392-2673 and ask for it to be escalated to a manager. You get more fly's with honey than with vinegar.

My .02 for what it's worth.

Smartest thing said in this thread 🙌

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So....this is the response I just got in my inbox moments ago from Fox Ford dealership:

"at this time,we are not going to replace top due to nothing more thanit is a molded roof and the slight ripples are normal by build"

I then asked for the name and any documentation that they received back from Ford Motor Company regarding my complaint. The response was as follows (you simply cannot make this up):

" no name just compared to a brand new roof like we discussed with my service manager thanks [name removed]"

They actually refused to contact Ford!!!

Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.

Ford Bronco Another Bad Hard Top That Ford Dealership Refuses to Fix 20230507_180048
Thanks for posting!
Sponsored