Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Minor rock rash to it’s door and light bezel
Not optimal but could be worse. I'm really on the fence about taking the 6G on the Rubicon. I might wait until the EB is done but that could be a while.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

By chance have you tried or had anyone in the group run the Goat Fab sliders? I’ve always been of the mindset frame > body but seems feedback is kind of divided. Could be many aren’t wheeling as hard as others and/or bias clouds a fair assessment.

Seems like you punish them well so was hoping you had some input.
Hey! So no I have no experience with them. I see that they are body mounted though for the bolt on ones.

I get you in the fair assessment… a lot of people posting on social media have a contract or receive free stuff. They can’t or don’t want to bad mouth a product so they can continue to receive free product and move up in the “influencing” world. Fair warning, I do the social media stuff. I started around the same time as several others that have recently gone big. I’ve watched them behind the scenes become a content seeker/free product chaser vs honest feedback. I elected early on yo divert from that route. Because of that I rarely get much in the way of free stuff. I paid full price for these sliders even though I helped the owner kick off sales on them. I’ve seen a lot of fake crap posted publicly while knowing the behind the scenes is totally different. Pissed me off.

I do punish the stuff I have and it’s all chosen personally by me used a variety of different companies that work. Not a sponsor.

I’ve seen body mounted sliders work for most people as simple protection of your rocker panel from rocks.

However once people start to bash them on harder rock trails, use their sliders as tools to pivot their Broncos, or even drop hard on a rock. They begin to bend at the body mount and I’ve seen 2 sliders bend into the rocker panel, causing body damage. I’ve seen a 3rd also bend as well but didn’t cause permanent damage.

A lot of recommendations on FB are dangerous as well because people want to become influencers and get free products. So as soon as they receive their product, they begin to post it, glamorize it and tag the company with their 2000 followers hoping to be big. I’d stay away from any recommendations of a off-road product that doesn’t show some wear on it lol.

Sorry I ranted a bit… it’s getting bad and I don’t like the double standard

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not optimal but could be worse. I'm really on the fence about taking the 6G on the Rubicon. I might wait until the EB is done but that could be a while.
You’ll be fine:) I’ll spot ya through. The rock rash was from a tight spot I was walking back to spot him on but he decided to tackle on his own (props to him for trying it). It’s super minor, not even a dent.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen 2 sliders bend into the rocker panel, causing body damage. I’ve seen a 3rd also bend as well but didn’t cause permanent damage.
My modified stock sliders do kiss the rocker from time to time if I'm getting rowdy. Frankly I see a future where the rocker is cut out and replaced by box tube one day so I'm not terribly concerned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My modified stock sliders do kiss the rocker from time to time if I'm getting rowdy. Frankly I see a future where the rocker is cut out and replaced by box tube one day so I'm not terribly concerned.
Little 2x4 box tube action like the XJ peeps do?! Let’s gooo. Not gonna lie I have dreams of being the first bronco with an exo cage haha

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little 2x4 box tube action like the XJ peeps do?! Let’s gooo. Not gonna lie I have dreams of being the first bronco with an exo cage haha
Yep. It's probably more effective on the unibody but a piece of tube will hold up much better than a sheet metal rocker. You could even even keep the slider under it, what's it going to hurt if it flexes?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DV8’s bent into the body causing body damage, Metalcloaks bent into the body causing body damage.
At first glance I was interested in the DV8's until I saw the mounting & looked at them a little more. No thanks. Haven't been too impressed with any of their offerings :unsure:

By chance have you tried or had anyone in the group run the Goat Fab sliders? I’ve always been of the mindset frame > body but seems feedback is kind of divided. Could be many aren’t wheeling as hard as others and/or bias clouds a fair assessment.
The Goatfabs rock! I run them & have had no problem pivoting off of them with the occasional drop. I too came from the mindset that they should be frame mounted, but the more I looked into it I disagree with that idea. The frame & body flex independently. Frame mounted can flex into the body or the body into the slider. Sliders are suppose to protect the rocker panels. Being body mounted they can move with the body to better protected it, provided the body has been reinforced as it has on the Bronco that had stock sliders.
YMMV $.02

Last edited:

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At first glance I was interested in the DV8's until I saw the mounting & looked at them a little more. No thanks. Haven't been too impressed with any of their offerings :unsure:

The Goatfabs rock! I run them & have had no problem pivoting off of them with the occasional drop. I too came from the mindset that they should be frame mounted, but the more I looked into it I disagree with that idea. The frame & body flex independently. Frame mounted can flex into the body or the body into the slider. Sliders are suppose to protect the rocker panels. Being body mounted they can move with the body to better protected it, provided the body has been reinforced as it has on the Bronco that had stock sliders.
YMMV $.02
I like me some Goat Fab! I took a pretty good hit on Poughkeepsie Gulch in CO in September when it had been raining and was slicker than snot! Slid to the right and banged passenger side slider hard and it did a great job saving the paint!

Ford Bronco Another Bronco on the Rubicon Thread 1699638369265

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)