Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah after getting vack from la playa, I wasn't able to turn around and do another overnighter and take off work, but man I wish I could have gone. definitely on my Bucket list!
Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was the body damage to the other Bronco?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad you two made it through with no issues, I bet you David was hitting every rock down the trail. I am surprised he didn't crank up his lift for the trail.

The best part about the Rubicon is its non-stop wheeling! Always some random rock that moves and gets someone.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice pics and write up! Just did the Rubicon as well using the CBI frame mounted sliders and they went to full use. Zero body damage.

Interested in knowing what sliders you have seen that cause damage. Edit: Just noticed you mentioned using Califabrication sliders.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice pics and write up! Just did the Rubicon as well using the CBI frame mounted sliders and they went to full use. Zero body damage.

Interested in knowing what sliders you were using and what sliders you have seen that cause damage.
I was using Califabrication sliders sold by a local small off-road shop. They are DOM, frame mounted, incorporates kick outs in the rear and stick out from the body and angle up slightly.

I’ve seen RockSlide engineering bend at their mounts (not that bad though and they bent right back).

DV8’s bent into the body causing body damage, Metalcloaks bent into the body causing body damage.

413E22DB-64CF-4101-B79A-C5355FD6FDD9.jpeg

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was using Califabrication sliders sold by a local small off-road shop. They are DOM, frame mounted, incorporates kick outs in the rear and stick out from the body and angle up slightly.

I’ve seen RockSlide engineering bend at their mounts (not that bad though and they bent right back).

DV8’s bent into the body causing body damage, Metalcloaks bent into the body causing body damage.

413E22DB-64CF-4101-B79A-C5355FD6FDD9.jpeg
Nice thank you.

Just looked at the califabrication site and they look similar install-wise to the CBIs - pic attached. I got some descent flat dents now on the underside of the tubular slider from slamming on rocks but all damage came to the slider and not the bronco, thankfully.

After my Rubicon run I regeared to Nitro 5.29s and can't wait to do the trail again

Ford Bronco Another Bronco on the Rubicon Thread Screenshot_20231011_142748_Photos

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice thank you.

Just looked at the califabrication site and they look similar install-wise to the CBIs - pic attached. I got some descent flat dents now on the underside of the tubular slider from slamming on rocks but all damage came to the slider and not the bronco, thankfully.

After my Rubicon run I regeared to Nitro 5.29s and can't wait to do the trail again

Ford Bronco Another Bronco on the Rubicon Thread Screenshot_20231011_142748_Photos

Heck yea! We have a large group of guys local to the Rubicon that love to wheel so if you’re in the area, let us know. I have plans to try Barrett next season as well

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck yea! We have a large group of guys local to the Rubicon that love to wheel so if you’re in the area, let us know. I have plans to try Barrett next season as well
Awesome! Yes @Elevator Man and myself are local and would be interested in joining!

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice thank you.

Are those 35s on Rebound Pros? What suspension/lift are you running? I have the same-color wheels, but they're pretty beat up.

@popo_patty The photo of LCA brackets don't seem to show the Foutz gussets? I haven't seen an engine skid plate (including my RCI) that properly protects them against rocks, so I may have to go the Foutz route as well.

Great write-up, and I hope to join you guys once I get my lift; I'll still be running 35s, though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are those 35s on Rebound Pros? What suspension/lift are you running? I have the same-color wheels, but they're pretty beat up.

@popo_patty The photo of LCA brackets don't seem to show the Foutz gussets? I haven't seen an engine skid plate (including my RCI) that properly protects them against rocks, so I may have to go the Foutz route as well.

Great write-up, and I hope to join you guys once I get my lift; I'll still be running 35s, though.
You’re always welcome to come wheel with us! That’s how good a job my welder friend did haha. I promise they are present in the photo.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@WheelMe running 37x13.5x17 on Badlands non-sas suspension with @Wild Horses 4x4 perch collars and a little extra front level plate from rough country.

Regular rebounds, not pros
Thanks - sometimes I can't tell between 37s and 35s in photos... nice paint btw, it's a wrap?

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re always welcome to come wheel with us! That’s how good a job my welder friend did haha. I promise they are present in the photo.
Ok, I'll hit you up once I get my lift - I decided on ICON, but haven't decided on Stage 3 or 7 (definitely no electronics etc.). As I understand it, reservoirs are most helpful for high-speed desert running, which doesn't mirror what I do, which is mostly slow-speed trail-running and rock-crawling.

BTW, I really appreciate your two videos on the steering topic. I've been running Bilstein 6112 for close to 7 or 8 months now, and wonder if my steering rack bushings are WAY elongated by now (I cranked up the height on the Bilsteins to max, which gives 2.5" lift, I believe, though that's been brought down nearly an inch by full armor and a winch). I don't know that a reinforced housing will do the job, yet it's expensive to swap in a full 74Weld rack (I have Badlands Hoss 2.0, so...). So for now, I wheel gingerly, and never force the steering if it feels bound up.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By chance have you tried or had anyone in the group run the Goat Fab sliders? I’ve always been of the mindset frame > body but seems feedback is kind of divided. Could be many aren’t wheeling as hard as others and/or bias clouds a fair assessment.

Seems like you punish them well so was hoping you had some input.
Sponsored