Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 2G
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Appreciate the tip.

@SnowTired A lot of the trails I tried to access were closed, any idea when they typically open back up?
A lot of the easily accessed stuff on the West shore are forest service roads, and I think they are only open June through November. There's a bunch of mellow "super highways" that interconnect outside of Tahoe City, lots of alternating beautiful meadows and dusty washboard for miles and miles...
Sponsored

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of the easily accessed stuff on the West shore are forest service roads, and I think they are only open June through November. There's a bunch of mellow "super highways" that interconnect outside of Tahoe City, lots of alternating beautiful meadows and dusty washboard for miles and miles...
Appreciate it.

denneyt

Black Diamond
First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
looks like an awesome trip. even though I live 30 minutes from Tahoe don't get up there much anymore, so many tourists now. sounds like you went to the proper part that is south lake on the Nevada side though.

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shocking I know, got me excited enough to snap a pic.
I went up there from Edwards AFB in about 1992(3?), I believe it was MLK weekend.
It was just starting to flurry in Bishop...I got out and locked the hubs on my 85 F-250.
A friend of mine and I were the last two trucks to make it to the Mammoth Lodge that night. I was lucky my truck fit in the parking garage...it snowed three (3) ft (feets) that weekend!!!
It was snowing Sofa King hard, you could not really ski, since you couldn't see 12 feet...we had a BLAST!!! Drank a bit of ETOH...

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went up there from Edwards AFB in about 1992(3?), I believe it was MLK weekend.
It was just starting to flurry in Bishop...I got out and locked the hubs on my 85 F-250.
A friend of mine and I were the last two trucks to make it to the Mammoth Lodge that night. I was lucky my truck fit in the parking garage...it snowed three (3) ft (feets) that weekend!!!
It was snowing Sofa King hard, you could not really ski, since you couldn't see 12 feet...we had a BLAST!!! Drank a bit of ETOH...
Thats one epic memory and a bad ass truck.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats one epic memory and a bad ass truck.
Ya, BBS (Built by Sparky) 466, Warner T-18 tranny, Dana 60 rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 44 IFS (boo!) front with Spicer Trak Lock.
My daily driver for about 20 years.
Ford Bronco NYE to Tahoe with a peek into the Rubicon. old_blue_apr_2018
Sponsored