Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't be surprised if the MIC started cracking at some point. J&B Weld Clear Epoxy ?
Good question , the top must be very sensitive to chemicals. Example: ford says don’t use glue to fix a sagging headliner and waxing the top will void the warranty.
Sponsored

LetFree

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 M3, '19 X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s not worship. It’s just the standard set of expectations that are implied with basic consumerism.

Have you ever washed your bronco? Why? it’s just going to get dirty off-roading. Also you don’t want people to think you’re worshipping an iron god do you? ;)

LetFree

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 M3, '19 X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Woah! I’m not sure how you got from point A to where you are now but It seems you are completely missing the point.

I don’t know about you but I would never buy a sandwich that is meant to be eaten but already has a small bite taken out of it. When I buy a sandwich I like to be the one who eats it.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's funny you mention God, because it sounds like you have some pretty iron-clad faith that the hardcore 4x4 you bought won't suffer a mechanical defect and leave you stranded despite the evidence that it's manufacturer is clearly not building a high-quality product that they will stand behind

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you happen to drive around a lot with the top panels removed, but the rear clamshell still installed? There has been some discussion if using that way could be a cause of certain cracks. Obviously the tops should not crack regardless, but just looking for any common denominators for people experiencing various types of cracks.
Ive been driving mine that way for 2 years, no issues at all.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ive been driving mine that way for 2 years, no issues at all.
Thanks that's good to know. I only got my Bronco a couple months ago, and have only done one higher speed drive with the panels off and rear clamshell on. Windy day but the rear clamshell did not make noise or catch air and stress like I thought it might.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks that's good to know. I only got my Bronco a couple months ago, and have only done one higher speed drive with the panels off and rear clamshell on. Windy day but the rear clamshell did not make noise or catch air and stress like I thought it might.
There are many of us with well-made panels and no issues. They do make wind noise, there's a reason Jeep has not tried to make a mid-panel! Unfortunately, there are still some owners whose panels are defective. My cap has had a rack on it for a year, rock-solid. I carry the mid-panel on the rack when ORV. I also have a Skyrider to install, a 2row softtop with the cap on.

20230509_125047.jpg

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lmao this squatch bronc clown is the epitome of boomer based on his posting.

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't think I'd need 🍿 for this topic...
I didn't think so either when I made the post. But ol' veteran offroader Bronc squatch somehow found a way to make it popcorn worthy. There's always at least one in a crowd these days. Enjoy your popcorn!
Sponsored

Last edited: