Another Paint Color Thread

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm underwhelmed with the colors, myself. So, what I've decided to do, currently, is to order my 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch and have it custom painted after it's delivered.

Already got a guy lined up that does really good work in the D/FW area. Initial estimate is $7,000. Small price to pay to actually get the color I want, imho.
For a 2 door?
I could have done better on that price but I am in NC. I mean, 7k isn't bad and is probably pretty much fair market with overalls. I just tend to charge a bit under market myself to get business in and still make out ok in the end. I make money, customer spends less money and is happy, good for all.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am going to call it right now. Once we start seeing these in person, this forum is going to be littered with comments like "it looks way better in person, The MIC to actually looks good," etc.. These digital pics have us all messed up and it will be ok. I have seen several colors in person and am way happier than on the computer screen. The MIC will not look like a faded grey. I have come to the realization that there is much thought and research put into these details and have been wrong so many times when judging a new product on the net. Ford makes a nice interior and a vehicle that is touted to help return the company's image as a leader will not fall short of expectations. This truck will be that special vehicle you fell in love with when the sheet was pulled off several months ago.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a 2 door?
I could have done better on that price but I am in NC. I mean, 7k isn't bad and is probably pretty much fair market with overalls. I just tend to charge a bit under market myself to get business in and still make out ok in the end. I make money, customer spends less money and is happy, good for all.
The quote is for a triple coat [tri-coat?] metallic along with the modular hardtop. So, I thought it was pretty good.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The quote is for a triple coat [tri-coat?] metallic along with the modular hardtop. So, I thought it was pretty good.
Oh yeah, It's a good price for sure. You're not overpaying for that. Overpaying would be someone saying $12k. Sometimes when I am at shows with some of my stuff I hear people boast about $25k paint jobs alone not counting bodywork and just shake my head.
Places will charge whatever they can get, for the most part.
But other places, like me, tend to believe that word of mouth is the best advertisement and do what's fair and reasonable.
7k is comparable, even on the low end of comparable on an overall color change on good substrate without having to fix stuff.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The reality is nothing is perfect and Ford's color choices ensured no one will be 100% pleased with their purchase.
They offer two different red colors, although the bright red doesn't look like it will be available on the base model. I'll be happy with a red one.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah, It's a good price for sure. You're not overpaying for that. Overpaying would be someone saying $12k. Sometimes when I am at shows with some of my stuff I hear people boast about $25k paint jobs alone not counting bodywork and just shake my head.
Places will charge whatever they can get, for the most part.
But other places, like me, tend to believe that word of mouth is the best advertisement and do what's fair and reasonable.
7k is comparable, even on the low end of comparable on an overall color change on good substrate without having to fix stuff.
So, what kind of turnaround do you have at your shop as far as full paint jobs go? Trying to get an idea of what to expect. Is it something you can knock out in a weekend or is it one of those, "Drop it off Monday, pick it up in three weeks..." sorta things?

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford chose 7 out of 10 colors from their existing fleet color catalog. There is nothing inherently wrong or disturbing about this. The volume of materials is sufficient and there won't be drastic cost overruns on that.

Then there is one special "bronco only" color, Area 51, which just so happens to look like an Amazon delivery vehicle and be fairly boring. They tried, but missed on that one. Had that color come out 5 years ago it would be a massive smash hit.

Cyber School Bus is a fun new tri-coat and fulfills Ford's standard philosophy of having two extra-cost paints with every non-fleet vehicle. This will most likely be the color that rotates out every 2 model years like Mustang's grabber series.

Cactus Gray is the new color on the block and they really went with something different there. It's on Mustang, Ranger and Bronco, so fairly limited. We'll see what color it turns out to be, but at least it isn't concrete gray or wish-I-was-still-deployed tan.

No, Ford didn't "reach" or do anything out of the ordinary with the paint selections for Bronco. Very conservative approach and they probably couldn't have guessed how many reservations there would be or they could have made some "historic" color selections that were special for the Bronco. As-is, time will tell if Bronco customers are repeat buyers and they have a proper Jeep rival for decade(s) to come..... Paint pallet will get diversified, but not too far from fleet color catalog.
Lol "wish-I-was-still-deployed tan". For real though, I'd almost give my right testicle to reenlist and be back in Afghanistan. It sure beat sitting in this office staring at four walls all day long. I could also tell my whiny subordinates to "Get the ____ out of my face!" rather than coddle my civilian coworkers, like I have to now. But, back to the point. I wouldn't mind a sand or OD green color on my Bronco lol!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, what kind of turnaround do you have at your shop as far as full paint jobs go? Trying to get an idea of what to expect. Is it something you can knock out in a weekend or is it one of those, "Drop it off Monday, pick it up in three weeks..." sorta things?
Big spread of things that affect this.
If I had open availability (meaning I was at a stopping point on a long term job to squeeze another in or was caught up) a simple, no bodywork overall job can be done on a weekend.
main thing is the prep and cleanliness is critical, and allowing good dry time on the clear.
move done a Miata over a weekend, and took weeks to do others.
something new and clean? Should be easy enough to knock out quickly.

Sponsored

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haven't seen one "in the flesh" yet but from everything else I've seen, Ford has hit a Grand Slam with the design and execution of the new 6G Bronco. That being said, the paint color choices have taken a Huge Steaming DUMP on an otherwise spectacular entrance. Let's be honest. Ford drew heavily on the Original for inspiration which is a BIG reason that response to it's reintroduction is so overwhelming. Why stop there?!?! The people yearning for these modern morsels of yesteryear have a portrait in their mind of "the one that got away", their first ride, the vehicle they wished they never should have sold or totaled. That portrait includes that lovely vintage shade that they proudly waxed on Sundays even as the rust spots tore the buffing cloth to shreds. Ford... Finish the story properly... Put the proverbial CHERRY on Top. Please FORD... Give us the choice of a Diamond Blue, Meadowlark Yellow or a Hot ginger Metallic. Deliver for us a New Lime, Chrome Yellow and Seafoam Green. Bring back Wind Blue, Calypso Coral and Winter Green. You baked the most beautiful and delicious Bronco Birthday cake now it's time to frost that cake properly.

Ford Bronco and Bronco II Paint Codes 1966-1996 | CJ Pony ...
Ford should allow all the colors for Base trim buyers. Ill be spending over $35k, so why not "sell " me the colors I really like and see best in my color spectrum . Cactus and Area51. I would pay rather than settle on the limited Base color choice. This is supposed to be the amazing LEGO build bronco. I want to "love " the paint color as well as the design.
Sponsored