Sponsored

Any 2021 owners with Alexa on their sync system?

Primed_in

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the more important question for me is how can I get that garbage off of there?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the more important question for me is how can I get that garbage off of there?
Just don't enable it.... Oh and you're going to have to ignore like 99% of the other Ford systems as well because they're all spying on you :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a '21 and pretty sure Alexa works through your cell and you need to turn her on for her to be in the bronco. I'll check again tomorrow when I'm out.
I don't know of that's correct. I rarely connect my phone to my vehicles, and Alexa works just fine in my Bronco.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I know what to look for. Alexa is not even available in the settings menu, which the instructions online say I have to go to enable. Do you have Alexa and a 2021 bronco?
That's because you don't have the latest updates. I do have a 2021 Bronco with Alexa.

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's because you don't have the latest updates. I do have a 2021 Bronco with Alexa.
I have 2.3.1. I think Alexa was enabled a few versions before this one

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know of that's correct. I rarely connect my phone to my vehicles, and Alexa works just fine in my Bronco.
Yeah, I think you right! I tried it this morning and can't find Alexa in the Bronco. When I 1st got the Bronco and ran Waze with it, it burn up my battery so all i do is bluetooth my phone for calls & messaging and charge via a power cord. BTW, i have android. Not a fan of android auto.

Alexa is linked to the bronco and went through the settings but, still don't see her. Was that just an Apple update for Alexa?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I think you right! I tried it this morning and can't find Alexa in the Bronco. When I 1st got the Bronco and ran Waze with it, it burn up my battery so all i do is bluetooth my phone for calls & messaging and charge via a power cord. BTW, i have android. Not a fan of android auto.

Alexa is linked to the bronco and went through the settings but, still don't see her. Was that just an Apple update for Alexa?

So it's kind of funny. I remember Alexa showing up on the Bronco, prompting me to set it up, so I did. But when you look at things like apps, I'd expect to find it it's not there. I guess I was half expecting an Alexa app to show up, but it's just running in the background listening for the wake word.

I have an Android, but don't use Android Auto either. Honestly never tried it so maybe I would like it. I just like having the ability to use my phone separately from my vehicle. Which is one of the reasons why I paid for the navigation upgrade (built in)

One of the first things I did when I got my Bronco was turn off the automatic updates. It said it was up to date at the time... And I don't want it updating itself. I do the same with my Android apps. If it ain't broke!!!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got this notice.

My Bronco is at the dealer, so can’t verify anything.

DE2D0992-E14E-42AA-8F3D-A335D5A082A6.png

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

and apparently another update this morning telling me Alexa is ready and I have 3 years complimentary service, so looks like it's rolling out now
Sponsored