Sponsored

Any experience with these folding recovery boards?

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found these on a Jeep site as a recommended option for recovery boards. I’ve not seen folding boards before, or much discussion. I’m curious what everyone thinks,

Pinto, Inc GoTreads Emergency Automotive Traction Tool - 2-Pack (Orange) https://a.co/d/dtIt4r3
Sponsored

Vern

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2006 F250, Ford 2023 Bronco Badsquatch w/ Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Haven't ever seen any that fold before either.

OP
OP
mdk100

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also would work as a jack stand vs having to carry some wood blocks. They claim the Canadian military uses them. I like the compactness.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think I want to associate any of my Ford's with anything Pinto.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a friend with some in her Subaru, but she's never had to use them. They seem like they'd work well as leveling blocks or jack stands as they're pretty sturdy, but I have no feedback on them as traction boards.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found these on a Jeep site as a recommended option for recovery boards. I’ve not seen folding boards before, or much discussion. I’m curious what everyone thinks,

Pinto, Inc GoTreads Emergency Automotive Traction Tool - 2-Pack (Orange) https://a.co/d/dtIt4r3
We were at an Overlanding event in Arkansas and the vendor was there. They’re a reputable company and the treads seemed very durable and will work as designed.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

very limited usage,I use my traction boards as levelers/traction aids/shovels/and to bridge ruts.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We use these and keep these in our Bronco. I've never used them on MY truck but I DID use them to get a car off an island..

Ya know one of those little concrete islands in parking lots. The guy had cantered wheels and made the turn too sharp and ended up getting 1 wheel on the island and in some dirt. he couldn't get out.

So we used the gotreads and my proeagle jack to get him out.

I like GoTreads but their customer service is AWFUL. Takes them WEEKS to respond. But I like the product

Sthomasson72

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We use these and keep these in our Bronco. I've never used them on MY truck but I DID use them to get a car off an island..

Ya know one of those little concrete islands in parking lots. The guy had cantered wheels and made the turn too sharp and ended up getting 1 wheel on the island and in some dirt. he couldn't get out.

So we used the gotreads and my proeagle jack to get him out.

I like GoTreads but their customer service is AWFUL. Takes them WEEKS to respond. But I like the product
Are these sold by you?

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched some YouTube reviews on them before. There’s pros and cons. I guess my best advice is to think about what scenarios you possibly see yourself in where you would need some sort of recovery board. Then go look it up on YouTube to see if you think it’ll work for you. For me I went with a full recovery board after doing my analysis for when I foresaw using them. So far I’ve only had to use them on the trails once but to help someone else.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little known fact that a friend showed me on his Bronco, a set of full size recovery boards fits nicely just behind the rear row of seats; there is a small space where the trim back there notches out, probably designed for window storage. He has a set of full size Maxtrax in a bag back there, no need to put the seat down or mount them on the exterior.

Here’s a photo I downloaded from Google and marked up. There’s a small space behind where this trim comes down where he stores them.

Just posting this in case you are looking at folding boards due to space constraints.

IMG_7393.jpeg

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are these sold by you?
No. We tried very hard to sell them. It took those guys weeks to respond to us. After filling out their form and all that they emailed us back stating they were only looking for dealers with a storefront.

WHAT?!?!?! LOL. So we replied that we ARE a store front WITH installation, no response. We emailed them again a month later, no response. TERRIBLE customer service, but the product is neat.

Guess this isn't a storefront :)

Ford Bronco Any experience with these folding recovery boards? Retail40

Ford Bronco Any experience with these folding recovery boards? Retail41

Ford Bronco Any experience with these folding recovery boards? Retail6
Sponsored