Sponsored

Any shortcuts for installing lift and levelling kits?

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I postulated in another thread about using a strut spring compressor to keep the coil compressed, allowing the spacers to be slipped in without completely removing the strut assembly.
The spring compressors won't fit on when removing due to all the brackets.
Front: Install compressor with Bronco at rest. Loosen but don't remove lower nuts. Remove upper and sway bar nuts. Raise from frame to natural droop. Top should be loose, compress further if needed. Install upper shim. Lower, reinstall upper nuts, not fully tightened. Remove lower nuts raise from frame, install lower shim. Lower, tighten everything up. Some kits use new lower hard ware others don't, deal with as appropriate.

Rear: Set on jackstands at axle remove tire and fender liner. Install compressor on spring. Remove upper nuts. Lift from frame to droop, compress further if needed. Install puck, compress and rotate hat. Lower, reinstall upper nuts and fender liner.

Maybe?
I tried today and my spring compressors wouldn't fit the front, either. I could have installed them when the bronco was sitting normally, like Dgorsett suggested, but the UCA droop during disasembly would totally interfere.

I still have hopes for the rear!
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I tried today and my spring compressors wouldn't fit the front, either. I could have installed them when the bronco was sitting normally, like Dgorsett suggested, but the UCA droop during disasembly would totally interfere.

I still have hopes for the rear!
Ha Ha, I tried the rear using the compressor without removing the lower bolt today...no go.. The rear spring has four wraps that are touching when compressed so you can't get the compressor in there then it unloads when lifted before upper bolts come free. I didn't have the tool, strength or resolve to attack that lower bolt today, I'll wait til I'm mentally and physically prepared.

It looks to me that it should work on the front, especially with the split spacer. But I didn't want to do the front before the rear, no Carolina Squat here. ;)

Last edited: