Sponsored

Any Socal Dealers with Invoice Pricing on Custom Builds?

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know of any socal dealers that are willing to offer inoice pricing on custom builds? I have been considering buying a used '23 or going with a custom '24 and I think I'm leaning towards the later--a Black Diamond SAS pkg with 221A, tow and 2.7L/auto. I'm in OC by the way. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know of any socal dealers that are willing to offer inoice pricing on custom builds? I have been considering buying a used '23 or going with a custom '24 and I think I'm leaning towards the later--a Black Diamond SAS pkg with 221A, tow and 2.7L/auto. I'm in OC by the way. Thanks in advance!
At least during the reservation debacle in 2021, Gosch Ford dealers (mine was in Escondido) were doing MSRP, they're now owned by Aaron Ford so you'd have to call in. I think you should be able to find things a hair UNDER MSRP these days though.

If you do call them, ask for Josh Jamison and say Tommy sent you.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some dealers in SoCal still have ADM's despite having plenty of stock on hand.

You can obtain X-Plan pricing, but I have yet to see any Broncos at invoice.

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is your 3rd time asking the same question.

The 2 previous times you asked:
How much longer until discounts are offered?
Will Ford ever lower MSRP?

THE ANSWER IS NO! and NO! and NO!
You will never see invoice pricing because you are not a dealer. Ever. They are in business to make money, not give stuff away.

Real discounts aren't going to show up until people stop ordering so many Broncos. And Ford can easily tighten up the market by switching production to the Ranger, which is also experiencing strong demand. So don't hold your breath.

Ford is NEVER going to drop MSRP. They never have. They aren't Stellantis, Tesla, or Rivian.

MidwayJ

Raptor
First Name
Mid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I recently got a 23 Raptor enough below MSRP at Citrus Ford in Ontario to be very happy.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Your best bet is going to be X-plan unless you can find a dealer outside SoCal with a sizable discount to make either shipping or driving it back to OC worth it. You can join the Mustang Club of America to be eligible if you don't get it thru work, I think it's 90 days so if you order now you'll meet the time requirements by the time it gets there. As I mentioned in your last question get the mid package as well, it's worth the $1645 for the heated seats, auto start, and intelligent access.

Here's the specifics:

https://www.fordpartner.com/partner...t=X-Plan is a pre,noted on the dealer invoice.

Also X-plan discount is . 4% x invoice + admin fee of $275.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't think of a single SoCal dealer that will charge above MSRP on a special order. You must not have looked at all of you are asking here. On the other hand (almost) all of them still charge ADM for existing stock.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is your 3rd time asking the same question.

The 2 previous times you asked:
How much longer until discounts are offered?
Will Ford ever lower MSRP?

You will never see invoice pricing because you are not a dealer. Ever. They are in business to make money, not give stuff away.

Real discounts aren't going to show up until people stop ordering so many Broncos. And Ford can easily tighten up the market by switching production to the Ranger, which is also experiencing strong demand. So don't hold your breath.

Ford is NEVER going to drop MSRP. They never have. They aren't Stellantis, Tesla, or Rivian.
thank you i work at a dealer and just lol when i hear this invoice / tissue stuff on broncos

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Huh? Dealers like Two Rivers Ford in TN were advertising invoice pricing on new 24 orders on FB back in Oct/Nov 2023. I place an Everglades order with them and only abandoned it in Feb 2024 because I bought a Heritage in late Dec 2023. I helped them find a buyer (by accident) who paid MSRP or under MSRP.

My nearest Ford dealer is offering $1K under MSRP for new orders and they charge ZERO dealer fees and no add-ons - which in Florida is insane because they are rapists ($999 dealer fee is normal) here lol.

Ford Bronco Any Socal Dealers with Invoice Pricing on Custom Builds? 1711468211083-if

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@voxel - Marketing folks misuse the term "invoice" price. The true invoice price is what a dealer pays Ford for the vehicle.

Ford issues a "markup invoice" to dealers that gives the dealer several price points to use for negotiating sales. It includes a base price, advertising allowance, dealer allowance(s), and transportation charges to get to the MSRP. It also includes the Ford set D-,X,-, and A- plan prices. The dealer gets a variety of rebates from doing business with Ford to reduce that base price to the dealer's true invoice price. That is the true invoice price, which you will never see. The advertising version of "invoice price" is the markup invoice pricing, which has the dealer profit in it. In CA, dealerships cannot use the term "invoice price" unless it is the actual dealer invoice price. It is gone from dealership advertising out here. Now they use terms like "sticker price", "window invoice", or "manufacturer's price" to avoid saying MSRP.

I checked out Two Rivers Ford. That is no where near invoice pricing. That is them throwing out the buzz word to make you think you are getting a deal. And that non-commission crap is mumbo-jumbo too. Their salespeople earn "incentives" based on their sales volume. You have to learn to call and ask the hard questions.

Also read the fine print on "dealer discounts". When you have to finance through them, they will recoup that discount with a higher rate, a finance rebate, and/or extending the payment term.

A dealer can offer a true discount, but it's usually Ford's. Ford offers discounts to move volume (F-150 Lightning), but they are not changing the MSRP, their negotiation point. There is a lot of sales psychology behind that term. However, those discounts come no where close to taking the MSRP to the invoice price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@voxel - I think you don't understand what an invoice price is. The invoice price is what a dealer pays Ford for the vehicle.

Ford issues a "markup invoice" to dealers that gives the dealer several price points to use for negotiating sales. It includes a base price, advertising allowance, dealer allowance(s), and transportation charges to get to the MSRP. It also includes the Ford set D-,X,-, and A- plan prices. The dealer gets a variety of rebates from doing business with Ford to reduce that base price to the dealer's true invoice price. That is the true invoice price, which you will never see. The advertising version of "invoice price" is the markup invoice pricing, which has the dealer profit in it. In CA, dealerships cannot use the term "invoice price" unless it is the actual dealer invoice price. It is gone from dealership advertising out here. Now they use terms like "sticker price", "window invoice", or "manufacturer's price" to avoid saying MSRP.

I checked out Two Rivers Ford. That is no where near invoice pricing. That is them throwing out the buzz word to make you think you are getting a deal. And that non-commission crap is mumbo-jumbo too. Their salespeople earn "incentives" based on their sales volume. You have to learn to call and ask the hard questions.

Also read the fine print on "dealer discounts". When you have to finance through them, they will recoup that discount with a higher rate, a finance rebate, and/or extending the payment term.

A dealer can offer a true discount, but it's usually Ford's. Ford offers discounts to move volume (F-150 Lightning), but they are not changing the MSRP, their negotiation point. There is a lot of sales psychology behind that term. However, those discounts come no where close to taking the MSRP to the invoice price.

Whatever it was - it was $2500 below new 24 MSRP and this was back in Oct/Nov 2023. I ordered exactly what I wanted and was offered it the price agreed to but I declined because I bought a Heritage.

I've told the OP - why bother with a 24 when there are THOUSANDS of 23s on the lots. Heck, some of these 23s are less than early/mid 22 pricing after discounts. Exactly a year ago - I was offered a chance to buy a similarly loaded 23 Wildtrak at $72K ($62K MSRP with $10K ADM) but I declined because my first Bronco was arriving that week. Today....

Ford Bronco Any Socal Dealers with Invoice Pricing on Custom Builds? 1711492851019-22

Last edited:

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever it was
Now I understand your point. I apologize for the shade. Also edited my post to tone it down.

Dealership sales and marketing people misuse terminology, intentionally or ignorantly, to confuse and mislead buyers. My hope is inexperienced buyers learn from this.

Everybody has their perspective on what a good deal is. You compromise between features, price, financing (affordability), and perceived value to come up with your "best deal I could get today". Sales people mix those numbers all around to get the most money out of the deal (the shiny red apple).

Unfortunately, this 'don't we deserve a discount' conversation is beating a dead horse. It's an emotional conversation, not an economic one.

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Most dealers around here will sell below MSRP-- if you are ordering--since once it arrives it is sold and they have no risk of having to make any finance payments on the inventory or advertising expenses. That's why there are discounts on the lot inventory of 23's and not 24's.

As for selling at invoice-- depends on what you mean--advertised invoice or actual cost. Invoice on 24 bronco's is in the $2500-$2800 range depending on the model--but that is not what the dealer actually pays. There are additional savings to the dealer based on volume and what is called "hold back money" which the dealers most likely will not give up. I am not sure about Broncos but F-150's it is in the neighborhood of a couple of percent of the sticker. So when a dealer sells at the advertised invoice there is already profit for the sale built in.

In northern Maine things maybe a bit different then what most people see but the numbers are the numbers. Things here work different -- for example I have a 24 Everglades on order, confirmed build date of 4/29 and sill don't actually know what the bottom line is since I have not done any paperwork--or even put any money down. Some may be concerned about that but I live where we don't lock our houses-take the keys out of the ignition and peoples word is good. This is typical of several orders I have placed with the dealer over the years and I am sure that my price will be near the advertised invoice price ($2650 below MSRP), fair allotment for the crappy Goodyear tires (want about $150 a tire), no screwy dealer fees or add ons, and lowest price possible on a set of Cooper STT Pro's to replace the stock Goodyears. My out the door price will be in the neighbor hood of $59000 including a 5.5% sales tax, installing new tires, installing tow package and registration and title fee.

I am sure there are plenty of other places where similar deals can be had.

Babealicious

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜89 Camaro RS, ā€˜14 Challenger Rallye Redline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not in socal but I talked to two different dealers who eventually offered invoice pricing up here in the bay area. I ended up getting one to come down $4,000 below MSRP, which was better than invoice. Good luck to you!

PatsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 16 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Huh? Dealers like Two Rivers Ford in TN were advertising invoice pricing on new 24 orders on FB back in Oct/Nov 2023. I place an Everglades order with them and only abandoned it in Feb 2024 because I bought a Heritage in late Dec 2023. I helped them find a buyer (by accident) who paid MSRP or under MSRP.

My nearest Ford dealer is offering $1K under MSRP for new orders and they charge ZERO dealer fees and no add-ons - which in Florida is insane because they are rapists ($999 dealer fee is normal) here lol.

Ford Bronco Any Socal Dealers with Invoice Pricing on Custom Builds? 1711492851019-22
Thats where I got mine.. no messing around. No add onā€˜s. Iā€™ve purchased several new vehicles from them. Best dealership Iā€™ve ever worked with.
Sponsored