Sponsored

The Insanity is Over, How Much Longer Until Discounts Are Offered?

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I test drove my first '23 Bronco today, a 4 door wildtrak. My jaw about dropped when the sticker had a $25,000 dealer markup on it. When I remarked to the salesman about it he said "we used to sell 'em that way all day long", and then he promptly mentioned that he could "talk to his manager" to remove it completely.

They had 3 wildtraks on the lot, all of which were canceled orders. I wonder how much longer with 7%-10% auto loan rates until we will see $5k discounts on such high MSRPs?
Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø. ā€˜23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The ridiculous ADMs are going away, but Ford keeps raising the MSRPs. So the cost of a Bronco is going down but itā€™s not returning toā€™21 to early ā€˜23 price levels. My ā€˜23 Wildtrak is now $5200.00 more in ā€˜24.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that almost all of the reservations are taken care of and the flippers are ready to move onto the next hot vehicle, I'd say it's only a matter of time. At the end of the day it is a Ford Wrangler and Ford is no Jeep. Although, Jeep is not really Jeep anymore either. So, who knows. :LOL:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove my first '23 Bronco today, a 4 door wildtrak. My jaw about dropped when the sticker had a $25,000 dealer markup on it. When I remarked to the salesman about it he said "we used to sell 'em that way all day long", and then he promptly mentioned that he could "talk to his manager" to remove it completely.

They had 3 wildtraks on the lot, all of which were canceled orders. I wonder how much longer with 7%-10% auto loan rates until we will see $5k discounts on such high MSRPs?
If you seriously want one, I would not hesitate at MSRP prices for a WIldtrak. If you wait, that $5,000 you might get off will probably cover future price increases so you'll be right back where you are today other than losing months (or years) of having fun in one.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if guys would stop paying ADM, it would go away.

The fact that many paid it in the first place is idiotic. Say the same for the upcoming Land Cruiser.

And Americans wonder why they donā€™t have enough money in retirement. Well, stop making stupid money decisions and youā€™d likely be fine.

Paying Braptor money for a WildTrak is just a shame. The fact that so many have such money to burn is why inflation is so high anyway.

Hereā€™s a tip, inflation isnā€™t coming down anytime soon either, because people just keep tolerating paying inflated prices, which by the way, caused all of the inflation to begin with, so stop complaining about the interest rates if you were part of the problem that created the conditions that led to high interest ratesā€¦.. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
New member here. I just got my big bend a few days ago. I ordered it in June an got it 2 months later to the day. I didn't think it was bad compared to how it was when they launched. It seems like the dealers here that are selling them at msrp (some add stupid stuff like paint protection to make more money on them) don't have any in stock. My friends an I were riding our motorcycles around an saw a dealership with about 6 for door broncos on the lot (those seem harder to get than a two door here). My bud said I should go look at those an cancel mine. I said I bet there's a reason they're on the lot. Sure enough their website shows a $10K mark up on them.

I think they will return to sticker soon. Discounts will come when they are sitting on the lot unsold.
I remember when the retro thunderbird was launched. Dealers had waiting lists for them a sold them at big markups. Three or four years later they were out of production. The novelty wore off. I think the bronco has way more appeal since it's a cool looking practical vehicle unlike the Tbird but the gotta have one now is about done.

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good responses so far. I understand that Ford has been raising MSRP, as have most auto manufacturers during the '21-'23 inflation wave. I also see that most manufacturers are sitting tight, except Tesla, who is playing a different game, having begun cutting prices six months ago (after jacking them way up during '22) with the shot over the bow in January, commencing the EV pricing wars.

The question to me of whether dealers will begin discounting from MSRP or if Ford will stop raising MSRP for the next model year and instead perhaps lower MSRP is one in the same. Inflation is coming under control and the rate hike cycle is coming to an end, so typically you've got 6-18 months for the impact of this last rapid reverse-course in monetary policy to take effect.

I don't think you can blame people for paying over MSRP. The nominal sale price is largely irrelevant when 1) auto loans could be financed at 1%, 2) you have a hot new vehicle, and 3) severe constraints on supply. People purchase as much vehicle as they can afford to pay monthly, and more if they are taking our home equity loans. That is just capitalism. If there is anyone to blame, some could be directed at easy monetary policy by the government ecouraging spending.

It's interesting to hear from those like Langwilliams who've seen this show before how long it takes for autos to cool off, given the circumstances, and anecdotally what others are seeing on the ground. My uncle once told me a story of how the lights just "turned off" when Volker raised rates in the late 70s and again in the early 80s. That didn't quite happen this time but it has seemed to tame inflation and eliminated the frothiness in some markets, autos included.

Does anyone have stats on how many oustanding bronco orders Ford still has? Also does anyone care to offer conjecture as to when dealer lots will be filled with Broncos for sale?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, if guys would stop paying ADM, it would go away.

The fact that many paid it in the first place is idiotic. Say the same for the upcoming Land Cruiser.

And Americans wonder why they donā€™t have enough money in retirement. Well, stop making stupid money decisions and youā€™d likely be fine.

Paying Braptor money for a WildTrak is just a shame. The fact that so many have such money to burn is why inflation is so high anyway.

Hereā€™s a tip, inflation isnā€™t coming down anytime soon either, because people just keep tolerating paying inflated prices, which by the way, caused all of the inflation to begin with, so stop complaining about the interest rates if you were part of the problem that created the conditions that led to high interest ratesā€¦.. :rolleyes:
Exactly the reason I paid $28k MSRP for my base. Granted, I did wait over 2 years to get it.

I've bought close to $3k in additional aftermarket upgrades that I installed myself to save money and it looks as capable as any Badlands or wildtrak but for literally half the price

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got my wildtrak 22 at msrp

Dealer wants $25k over msrp for 2024 Braptor. Anyone else hearing anything?

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The badlands SAS high package I have is not even an option anymore as far as I can tell... carfaux keeps sending me emails for 64k buy back, jokes on them, the cam phaser already failed at 6k and it sounds like a tractor every morning! I have decided I am riding this ford crap the whistlingdeisel way and I will just buy a new one if this pony can pass the test... send it, for the jerry of the day! It's just a fun car, don't get fanboy on it... ford "quality" is not what it was.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good responses so far. I understand that Ford has been raising MSRP, as have most auto manufacturers during the '21-'23 inflation wave. I also see that most manufacturers are sitting tight, except Tesla, who is playing a different game, having begun cutting prices six months ago (after jacking them way up during '22) with the shot over the bow in January, commencing the EV pricing wars.

The question to me of whether dealers will begin discounting from MSRP or if Ford will stop raising MSRP for the next model year and instead perhaps lower MSRP is one in the same. Inflation is coming under control and the rate hike cycle is coming to an end, so typically you've got 6-18 months for the impact of this last rapid reverse-course in monetary policy to take effect.

I don't think you can blame people for paying over MSRP. The nominal sale price is largely irrelevant when 1) auto loans could be financed at 1%, 2) you have a hot new vehicle, and 3) severe constraints on supply. People purchase as much vehicle as they can afford to pay monthly, and more if they are taking our home equity loans. That is just capitalism. If there is anyone to blame, some could be directed at easy monetary policy by the government ecouraging spending.

It's interesting to hear from those like Langwilliams who've seen this show before how long it takes for autos to cool off, given the circumstances, and anecdotally what others are seeing on the ground. My uncle once told me a story of how the lights just "turned off" when Volker raised rates in the late 70s and again in the early 80s. That didn't quite happen this time but it has seemed to tame inflation and eliminated the frothiness in some markets, autos included.

Does anyone have stats on how many oustanding bronco orders Ford still has? Also does anyone care to offer conjecture as to when dealer lots will be filled with Broncos for sale?
Inflation isnā€™t over, the rate of growth has just fallen to 50% higher than the Govā€™t target. The ~20% inflation incurred over the past couple years is the new normal, I donā€™t see us going back to 2020 prices ever. The fed will keep raising rates until inflation is in the 2% range, but to get it all back they would have to plunge the economy into a deep recession which they wonā€™t do. The rates under Carter and early Reagan were double what they are now. My dad tells the take of how they were over the moon to get under 10% on their mortgage with the VA rate and how most were 12%.

My local dealer has a few Wildtraks sitting on the lot, and later this month will get my loaded Badlands SAS Lux that Iā€™m walking away from. Iā€™m walking because I donā€™t need the truck anymore, not because of rates.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 days

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly the reason I paid $28k MSRP for my base. Granted, I did wait over 2 years to get it.

I've bought close to $3k in additional aftermarket upgrades that I installed myself to save money and it looks as capable as any Badlands or wildtrak but for literally half the price
Awesome! Too bad not many are more like you. Most canā€™t turn a wrench or even know what size to grab.

I only paid MSRP as well and waited almost 3 years. Could I afford to have walked in and picked one up earlier, absolutely, but Iā€™m not dumb with money.

What a person can afford may be relative, but just free spending and overpaying has always led to disaster. And itā€™s time that adults stop blaming the government and Santa Claus for all of their bad decisions.

Inflation is a result of scarcity. Scarcity is a result of high demand. Waiting was painful, but I knew making that sacrifice was the best thing for all. Thatā€™s why I also had price protection of almost $4K as well.

Prices always go up, that should be clearly understood and you do pay a penalty for being late to the party.

A lot of guys should have just waited. Buying when markets are high is bad money, period people.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! Too bad not many are more like you. Most canā€™t turn a wrench or even know what size to grab.

I only paid MSRP as well and waited almost 3 years. Could I afford to have walked in and picked one up earlier, absolutely, but Iā€™m not dumb with money.

What a person can afford may be relative, but just free spending and overpaying has always led to disaster. And itā€™s time that adults stop blaming the government and Santa Claus for all of their bad decisions.

Inflation is a result of scarcity. Scarcity is a result of high demand. Waiting was painful, but I knew making that sacrifice was the best thing for all. Thatā€™s why I also had price protection of almost $4K as well.

Prices always go up, that should be clearly understood and you do pay a penalty for being late to the party.

A lot of guys should have just waited. Buying when markets are high is bad money, period people.
I tried getting a base spouse and building it like i wanted the first time.. The second time i realized it was better to wait until i could get the features I wanted that came with it (they are warrantied you know) , instead of hoping what i built was reliable and could actually do what i needed and wanted. Most people i know who get a base and added bolt ons and accessories soon found the base no longer fit them and moved on without themā€¦..
Sponsored