First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am considering ordering a custom Bronco because I want a Black Diamond Trim without any bells and whistles. However, with the discounting starting on all the unsold Broncos sitting on dealer lots--thanks to a major slowdown in the car market due to interest rates--the ones already built are much more attractive than a custom order with the inflated MSRPs. Unfortunately most all of them have tech I do not want, in fact I would pay to have it removed (e.g. intelligent access, parking sensors, other crap, etc).

So the question is: what is the probability that Ford will lower MSRP to match the selling prices of Broncos going out of dealer inventory? I priced out a Sasqatched Black Diamond but MSRP is 58k, which is wildly overpriced in my opinion.
Sponsored

Tortuga

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doubtful. There is more psychological impact to keep MSRP high and advertise deep discounts and rebates. This releases oxytocin and promotes positive emotions. People shop with logic, but purchase with emotion.
Ford Bronco Will Ford Ever Lower MSRP? 1711155090528-fx

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am considering ordering a custom Bronco because I want a Black Diamond Trim without any bells and whistles. However, with the discounting starting on all the unsold Broncos sitting on dealer lots--thanks to a major slowdown in the car market due to interest rates--the ones already built are much more attractive than a custom order with the inflated MSRPs. Unfortunately most all of them have tech I do not want, in fact I would pay to have it removed (e.g. intelligent access, parking sensors, other crap, etc).

So the question is: what is the probability that Ford will lower MSRP to match the selling prices of Broncos going out of dealer inventory? I priced out a Sasqatched Black Diamond but MSRP is 58k, which is wildly overpriced in my opinion.
The most you can max out on a Black Diamond is the mid-package which is some decent stuff. You're wanting Sasquatch so I take it that you're not going with a manual so auto and which engine?

If you're wanting the closest to a base and no mid and no manual just get a Big Bend with switches, rear locker and you can add whatever bumpers and plates you want down the line along with suspension unless you gotta have the Sasquatch package.

If there's something close on the dealer lot below sticker I'd say go for it because unless you want a Mach-E Ford isn't going to drop the price and will offer incentives instead.

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford will never ever lower the MSRP, but the day may come when they have manufacturer rebates, like they do with the F150s, in pre pandemic times.
But, and this is a BIG BUT, they won't do that for a long time and certainly not while they are offering Xplan pricing.
But that's just my theory.

So what I recommend is see if you qualify for xplan, or if you don't, drop 50 bucks and join the mustang group and wait 90 days šŸ˜‰

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There are numerous dealers who will order 24s and sell at invoice. I see $5-7K dealer discounts on 23s working (I.e Broncos are selling) so all it takes is a little discounting if Broncos sit.

Raptors I see a future price cut. Even at $10K off they arenā€™t exactly flying off lots.

Ford Bronco Will Ford Ever Lower MSRP? IMG_6623

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doubtful. There is more psychological impact to keep MSRP high and advertise deep discounts and rebates. This releases oxytocin and promotes positive emotions. People shop with logic, but purchase with emotion.
Ford Bronco Will Ford Ever Lower MSRP? IMG_6623
I must be susceptible to this... There are some local 2023 Gladiator Mojave's available at 25% below MSRP currently that have my attention, logically speaking. Not a Wrangler fan, but drove a couple Mojave's and was pleasantly surprised at the ride, emotionally speaking. :)

Back to the question at hand, I agree that Bronco MSRP will not drop. But F will need to crank up incentives soon to help dealers. Local 2023 Broncos are as plentiful as 2023 Jeeps, and with $2 to $3K discounts, they are just sitting...

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If anything, Iā€™d be surprised if they donā€™t raise the prices more. If you want to get a lot out of a Bronco at a reasonable price, your best option is to get a 2023 model. Most dealers are selling 2023 models under MSRP anywhere from 5k to $7,500 off sticker

Sponsored

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0%

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I priced out a Sasqatched Black Diamond but MSRP is 58k, which is wildly overpriced in my opinion.
You bought a Rivian R1T, and you think a Bronco is over priced!?! What purple cloud are you living in?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read the fine print on some of the discounts. Incentives applied you may or may not qualify for. And some require you finance with them at an inflated rate to get the price. MSRP could come down. Anything is possible. Car market has been crazy as we have seen the last few years. They will do what it takes to sell/stay in business and rip off as many as possible to do it. Thats the game.
Work your best deal, donā€™t trade unless what you get over trade out weighs tax savings. And donā€™t forget. If you have an existing loan that balance gets transferred to todayā€™s higher rates. Pay off and sell if possible. Find own financing too.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope not
Due to unforeseen circumstances Iā€™ll have to put mine up for sale with a 30,000 markup

but itā€™s not wrong for me to do it, because Iā€™m one of yā€™all not an evil stealership

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
donā€™t trade unless what you get over trade out weighs tax savings.
This! I was amazed how low the dealer came in on my trade in, I sold at Carmax for $5400 more, and the dealer had no hard feelings about it.
It just is what it is, I don't understand the big difference in the spread but don't be lazy about it, do the leg work.
Sponsored