First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Bronco 4 Door, Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This! I was amazed how low the dealer came in on my trade in, I sold at Carmax for $5400 more, and the dealer had no hard feelings about it.
It just is what it is, I don't understand the big difference in the spread but don't be lazy about it, do the leg work.
There could be several different reasons for this. CarMax is a huge national company. What ever model you were trading could be worth thousands more across the country or even across the state or city. There are also many models that simply don't sell well at a Ford dealer that CarMax does well with.
Another possibility is CarMax made a mistake and gave you over market value and ended up losing to get rid of it.

Chances are your dealer would simply of wholesaled it out and not sold it retail. That's why they had no hard feelings and were probably happy you didn't trade it.

You certainly can usually get more for your trade with some extra work.. Detailing and selling out right will always get you the most. It's not always quick and easy though and that's what many prefer.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol no

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This! I was amazed how low the dealer came in on my trade in, I sold at Carmax for $5400 more, and the dealer had no hard feelings about it.
It just is what it is, I don't understand the big difference in the spread but don't be lazy about it, do the leg work.
Similar experience. More than makes up for the tax savings of trading it in. Check them all, Carvana, Carmax, Carsense, We Buy Any Car, ect. The latter was highest for me and closest.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doubtful. There is more psychological impact to keep MSRP high and advertise deep discounts and rebates. This releases oxytocin and promotes positive emotions. People shop with logic, but purchase with emotion.
Ford Bronco Will Ford Ever Lower MSRP? IMG_1704
Agree 100%. Ford will keep MSRP at current level and dealers will discount as lots fill up. Ford will eventually stop the rising MSRP on new as economy and demand dictate.

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There could be several different reasons for this. CarMax is a huge national company. What ever model you were trading could be worth thousands more across the country or even across the state or city. There are also many models that simply don't sell well at a Ford dealer that CarMax does well with.
Another possibility is CarMax made a mistake and gave you over market value and ended up losing to get rid of it.

Chances are your dealer would simply of wholesaled it out and not sold it retail. That's why they had no hard feelings and were probably happy you didn't trade it.

You certainly can usually get more for your trade with some extra work.. Detailing and selling out right will always get you the most. It's not always quick and easy though and that's what many prefer.

The manager wanted it, he said the used car department is run separately and he wasn't going to debate with them, just not worth it. But the truck showed very well, especially with the OEM upgrades I added. I've seen very like matches on dealers lots searching through CarFax so it wasn't in wholesale territory.

I drove to Carmax, and they are putting it on their lot in that location, according to the rep. I'm going to follow up in a few weeks to see what they ask for it, I'd image 2 to 4 thousand more.

I had it 4 years, 51,000 miles and sold it for about 14,500 less than MSRP. I did my homework, and Carmax came in around what it was worth, I was expecting to get lowballed by about a grand or so, but they were on the money.

With that said, I think this could be a very valid reason that you stated: "There are also many models that simply don't sell well at a Ford dealer that CarMax does well with."

LarryDe

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Bronco 4 Door, Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I drove to Carmax, and they are putting it on their lot in that location, according to the rep. I'm going to follow up in a few weeks to see what they ask for it, I'd image 2 to 4 thousand more.
Ya at least $2000. I never shopped at CarMax so I'm not familiar with their business model. If you can negotiate there it will be 4 grand or more.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ya at least $2000. I never shopped at CarMax so I'm not familiar with their business model. If you can negotiate there it will be 4 grand or more.
I've never bought a car there, until now I've never done any business with them, but the girl there said they don't negotiate prices.
I would assume their business model is based on high volume, too many cars to have lying around, but that's just a guess, which would mean very competitive pricing.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Louisburg Ford in Louisburg, Ks. sells ordered Broncos for $50 over invoice. Jimmy Baker

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The most you can max out on a Black Diamond is the mid-package which is some decent stuff. You're wanting Sasquatch so I take it that you're not going with a manual so auto and which engine?

If you're wanting the closest to a base and no mid and no manual just get a Big Bend with switches, rear locker and you can add whatever bumpers and plates you want down the line along with suspension unless you gotta have the Sasquatch package.

If there's something close on the dealer lot below sticker I'd say go for it because unless you want a Mach-E Ford isn't going to drop the price and will offer incentives instead.
I am forced to go with the Black Diamond trim because Big Bend no longer comes with a 2.7L twin turbo engine + Auto transmission as an option.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You bought a Rivian R1T, and you think a Bronco is over priced!?! What purple cloud are you living in?
I got the "early bird" discount. It was that or an F150 XLT from the dealer and with how the dealer options them out and the EV tax break for the R1 they ended up being the same price, and now I don't pay for gas or maintenance :)

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know of any southern california dealers that sell at invoice?

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am considering ordering a custom Bronco because I want a Black Diamond Trim without any bells and whistles. However, with the discounting starting on all the unsold Broncos sitting on dealer lots--thanks to a major slowdown in the car market due to interest rates--the ones already built are much more attractive than a custom order with the inflated MSRPs. Unfortunately most all of them have tech I do not want, in fact I would pay to have it removed (e.g. intelligent access, parking sensors, other crap, etc).

So the question is: what is the probability that Ford will lower MSRP to match the selling prices of Broncos going out of dealer inventory? I priced out a Sasqatched Black Diamond but MSRP is 58k, which is wildly overpriced in my opinion.
nope no need to on the broncos
dont want to pay then dont play is their motto

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Work your best deal, don’t trade unless what you get over trade out weighs tax savings.
OP is in California. No tax savings on a trade. You pay the full sales tax on the sale price.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have access to a TARDIS you can find lower MSRP's, trouble is back then you would dealing with ADM from many dealers.
Sponsored