Sponsored

Any update on a real 2 door soft top (not a trek top)?

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just ended my 3rd topless summer with my 2 door. Here in Tx we don't get rain in the summer, so I've had a glorious 2.5-3 months topless. It starts to rain in September and stays pretty consistent till it gets cold. My issue is that it is warm enough here to go topless till Nov. But it is a pain to remove and replace the hardtop anytime there is a chance of rain. I am just so ready for a soft top for the 2 door. And it needs to fold all the way back. Not sure what the hold up is, but it doesn't seem to be anything any company is actively working on. I've reached out to Mytop who said one was in the works a long time a go and still nothing. Just checking around here every few months to see if anything is in the works. Not sure why a soft top for the 2 door is so hard when there was one for the 4 door out the gate.
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was like you and originally insisted my softop go all the way back. Then I rode in Broncos with the factory top back and saw how it totally kills rear visibility. After that, I figured I’d never run it that way anyways so got the Trektop which I never considered as an option originally. I’ve been pretty happy with it - great build quality, and super easy up/down. Windows also go in and out pretty quick and easy. Bonus points that it looks amazing in safari mode. Only install it yourself if you are patient and extremely detail oriented lol Just my .02

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I Know some people love it, but the look of it sitting on top of the roll bar and the slant back are definitely not for me.

Last edited:

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is what I picked:

https://rampageproducts.com/trailview-fastback/2022/ford/bronco

I also did not like how the Bestop folded back. You can't get away from the slant back as that is how the roll bar is designed. I really love this top. Install was not too bad. My wife can open/close the top over the front seats from inside. Side windows are easy to put on and off. You can find it cheaper than $1k if you hunt around or wait until it goes on sale someplace. I think I paid a little over $800 for mine on sale.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In love my Trek Top, but I've been rocking my a/c friendly hard top all summer in my part of Texas with the 100+ temps every single day this year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is what I picked:

https://rampageproducts.com/trailview-fastback/2022/ford/bronco

I also did not like how the Bestop folded back. You can't get away from the slant back as that is how the roll bar is designed. I really love this top. Install was not too bad. My wife can open/close the top over the front seats from inside. Side windows are easy to put on and off. You can find it cheaper than $1k if you hunt around or wait until it goes on sale someplace. I think I paid a little over $800 for mine on sale.
In love my Trek Top, but I've been rocking my a/c friendly hard top all summer in my part of Texas with the 100+ temps every single day this year.
Yeah, we've been 110+ everyday here, but I don't care. I will sweat and be happy with the top off. Lol

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Surely, I'm not the only one that runs the AC full blast with the top open. I'll do the same with the heater in a few months.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Surely, I'm not the only one that runs the AC full blast with the top open. I'll do the same with the heater in a few months.
Lol! I don't find that it helps at all to run the a/c with the top and doors off. Now, I do use a seat warmer when it gets chilly.
Sponsored