Sponsored

Any way to have 2.7 engine checked for potential dropped valve or other catastrophic failure?

SDBRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello All:

My 2.7 falls into the range of the engines that are ceasing. My family and I are doing a 2500 mile road trip this summer and we planned to take the bronco.
Is there any way to have the engine tested for the issues that have been causing them to fail?

I would love to have some sort of peace of mind, as I am taking my family through very remote and high temp areas on our trip.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Sponsored

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello All:

My 2.7 falls into the range of the engines that are ceasing. My family and I are doing a 2500 mile road trip this summer and we planned to take the bronco.
Is there any way to have the engine tested for the issues that have been causing them to fail?

I would love to have some sort of peace of mind, as I am taking my family through very remote and high temp areas on our trip.

Thanks.
Other than pulling off the heads and inspecting the valves there is no way to check.. even if you did that, the odds of seeing something prior to actual failure are slim. The failures seem to occur with less than 3k miles, I would try to have at least that on the vehicle before you leave for your trip

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like to take mine up to red line every morning while the engine is still cold. So far so good unfortunately, I really want a new engine and comped warranty from ford.

OP
OP
SDBRONCO

SDBRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than pulling off the heads and inspecting the valves there is no way to check.. even if you did that, the odds of seeing something prior to actual failure are slim. The failures seem to occur with less than 3k miles, I would try to have at least that on the vehicle before you leave for your trip
Thank you.

OP
OP
SDBRONCO

SDBRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to take mine up to red line every morning while the engine is still cold. So far so good unfortunately, I really want a new engine and comped warranty from ford.
I started pushing mine as well after 1000 mi. But with the damn gas prices, that's like an investment hahah..

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello All:

Thanks.
Hello, Patrick! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this engine concern. Thanks!

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My engine date is 21168120202 with 4100 miles on it. I see the numbers showing the failures, but are there any that show those along with mine in the critical date zones that have not failed and their respective mileage?
Sponsored