Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for those on the higher mileage side.

What did your oem tires last treadwise? Specifically I am curious to the territory good years, but am curious the others as well.

I haven't really seen any good real data on them lifespan wise.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dec 21 Granger Delivery
3,939 miles as of today
1,420 of those were the drive from Granger to Vegas.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question for those on the higher mileage side.

What did your oem tires last treadwise? Specifically I am curious to the territory good years, but am curious the others as well.

I haven't really seen any good real data on them lifespan wise.
I'm at 33K now with the 35's, and they're still doing great. I'm not so great at estimating tire life but I'd say they're pretty close to 75% tread. They have more wear in the center from roughly 20K miles if I recall at factory recommended pressure. Running lower pressure when new might give you even more life out of the tire. Honestly they have great tread life when you compare them to similar all terrain tires that lean toward the mud side like these do, on other vehicles I usually got 40K out of straight all terrain tires before they were done.

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm at 33K now with the 35's, and they're still doing great. I'm not so great at estimating tire life but I'd say they're pretty close to 75% tread. They have more wear in the center from roughly 20K miles if I recall at factory recommended pressure. Running lower pressure when new might give you even more life out of the tire. Honestly they have great tread life when you compare them to similar all terrain tires that lean toward the mud side like these do, on other vehicles I usually got 40K out of straight all terrain tires before they were done.
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah my factory tires were at about 44 psi from Ford when I got it. I am running about 33 now. Honestly I almost wonder if some of the cracks in the hard top come from the tires being so full. At 40 psi every bump in the road shakes/slams the whole rig. It's a much better ride at 33 psi.

That's pretty good milage info. Some others were saying 20k was about what could be gotten. I am not a huge fan of these tires, but they are pretty good in snow which I am liking. The price of 35" tires are $$$$ so hoping to have these make it until at least the vehicle is paid for.

Sponsored

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 16 months in and at 15K miles. Mostly a daily driver with some fairly long distance highway runs between Pittsburgh and NYC about every 2 months. I've taken it offroading 4 times and am still relatively new at this, but I did this my first time out:
Ford Bronco Anyone “hit” 100,000 miles yet? 50,000? 20220403_154332

Ford Bronco Anyone “hit” 100,000 miles yet? 50,000? IMG_4717.JPG

The only real fallout from this was the engine not starting when it turned off in eco mode, and that went away when I washed out the engine bay, I suspect the alternator was a little clogged up. I did end up with a sway bar disconnect error about 3 months in but Ford replaced it under warranty and I've had no problems since.

BHearn9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 5 weeks shy of my 2 year anniversary - just hit 24,000 yesterday!

p.s. - I'm back.
Welcome back! I always enjoyed reading your posts. I was waiting when you went on hiatus…still waiting now 🤣

…speaking of…any insight into the current “in production” purgatory many find themselves in (myself included)?

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
10K miles coming up in a few weeks....a couple of minor issues (cracked horn pad, dreaded wiper slow-down issue) all were addressed at the dealership. A pleasant experience for sure.

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

6 months. 2,400 miles.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah my factory tires were at about 44 psi from Ford when I got it. I am running about 33 now. Honestly I almost wonder if some of the cracks in the hard top come from the tires being so full. At 40 psi every bump in the road shakes/slams the whole rig. It's a much better ride at 33 psi.

That's pretty good milage info. Some others were saying 20k was about what could be gotten. I am not a huge fan of these tires, but they are pretty good in snow which I am liking. The price of 35" tires are $$$$ so hoping to have these make it until at least the vehicle is paid for.
I settled on 36psi as the damage had already been done to the center by the time I noticed, and when I did the contact patch test it went from edge to edge. Brand new tires probably wouldn't do that at 36psi, but seeing as how there was some tread height missing from the center it kind of evened itself out. I guess that's what I get for assuming Ford had the pressure worked out with these tires. Fuel efficiency at 36psi does go up compared to the 32psi I was running for a bit, just a little bit makes a big difference. There's a noticeable difference in ride smoothness between the two, but any time you can feel the tires absorbing some of the terrain, it also means the tires are deforming on the road and hurting efficiency.

Unfortunately I can't speak much about whether I like these tires offroad compared to others since these are the only tires I've ever had on my Bronco, I just don't have anything else to compare it to other than 35's that I've had on completely different vehicles. They sure do have good road manners and longevity compared to what I'm used to though.
Sponsored