l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think the author might have been ChatGPT...
Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lesson of the day, check engine light means get diagnosis to see what is wrong with the system. That engine would have been saved had they at least pulled some plugs to check the misfire codes. This coming from some who sells parts and would love that commission from selling a new engine. The conversation with the shop doing the work would be fun too!

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would get me to around 10 years and be a good excuse to upgrade to a built block, which are relatively inexpensive.

But I don't abuse it like he clearly did so I expect 200k+.
Same for me. I just put 8k-ish miles on mine in the first year and hoping to do around that or less for the next 10 to 12 years.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some have more dollars then sense, but it's his money. It sounds like he could have still driven the piss out it with limited problems, he did like to jump & mud it, but, if he'd paid attention to the obvious he wouldn't have needed a new engine. Harder wear & tear means shorter intervals and more overall service costs, but a new engine... Yikes!

I changed my air filter at 7 months and 7,000 miles due to dusty trails and it looked like I could have changed it sooner, but they were sold out for a while; every where. I knew I'd need to change more often because of wheeling, so when I could order I bought two Motorcraft AFs from Rockauto for the price of one from a dealer or parts store; I also got some wiper blades.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some have more dollars then sense, but it's his money. It sounds like he could have still driven the piss out it with limited problems, he did like to jump & mud it, but, if he'd paid attention to the obvious he wouldn't have needed a new engine. Harder wear & tear means shorter intervals and more overall service costs, but a new engine... Yikes!

I changed my air filter at 7 months and 7,000 miles due to dusty trails and it looked like I could have changed it sooner, but they were sold out for a while; every where. I knew I'd need to change more often because of wheeling, so when I could order I bought two Motorcraft AFs from Rockauto for the price of one from a dealer or parts store; I also got some wiper blades.
Never forget those wiper blades…

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lesson of the day, check engine light means get diagnosis to see what is wrong with the system. That engine would have been saved had they at least pulled some plugs to check the misfire codes. This coming from some who sells parts and would love that commission from selling a new engine. The conversation with the shop doing the work would be fun too!
Yeah pretty wild how open the owner was about being irresponsible and destructive.

The 2.3l has been out for 9 years in a ton of Ford and Lincoln vehicles. It is a proven engine.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah pretty wild how open the owner was about being irresponsible and destructive.

The 2.3l has been out for what nearly ten years? It is a proven engine.
But now there is the BRONCO to abuse this engine in so many ways!!!! 😂
Sponsored