Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The descent from bronco knoll was the toughest section of trail that i did. All of the Colorado passes were easy in my book. I did 95% of everything in 2wd. Sometimes i used the rear locker in 2wd, but it’s impressive what it will do without even using 4wd.
You should be fine!
Excellent! Looking forward to the adventures. Thanks and best of luck to you on the trail
Sponsored

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Jwall i have a big cross country trip planned for March/April, can’t wait!
But…really, no leaks with the soft top in a touchless wash? I want an easy way to get salt off without having to actually wash her by hand.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you please tell me more about the water and gas cans strapped to your spare? Link to the products by chance? I am not finding anything like them google searching. Ty in advance!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jwall

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Jwall

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if those are 5 gallons each that would be an extra 80 pounds in addition to the spare. sounds a bit much for the tailgate to handle?
They are usually 2-3 gallons. But yes. It’s a lot. And i only ran them full when needed. I run my heaviest tank on the hinge side so it’s not on the outside putting more stress in the door and hinges.
They made it through some jumps, 60+ mph in the dessert, and rock crawling. I was worried about the weight, but it worked out fine.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are usually 2-3 gallons. But yes. It’s a lot. And i only ran them full when needed. I run my heaviest tank on the hinge side so it’s not on the outside putting more stress in the door and hinges.
They made it through some jumps, 60+ mph in the dessert, and rock crawling. I was worried about the weight, but it worked out fine.
thanks JWall, my use would be for an elk hunt fall 2023 where I would fill up the extra tanks at the last gas station before heading into the hunt area for a few days. I’m researching the extra tank options for piece of mind, gas stations are few and far between where I hunt.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#jealous

I really need to do something like this, so sheltered these days.

Great post that I originally missed.

Sponsored

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to hear! Either way have extra fuel and water is a must

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LOL. I'm 37 with 2 kids and a full time job...just trying to influence people to get out and see the world!
If you're going out anywhere local anytime soon, let me know! I'm just over in St. Pete.

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Jwall great write up and adventures! How are the factory goodyear territory's doing after 20K?

Bronco_Mo

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Jwall; your absolutely making the folks at Laura Ford proud. I dropped off a memento with my salesman (M. Brauninger) from a New Hampshire Off Rodeo last year. Thank you very much for sharing all this, hope we see you back in Mo. one day...
Sponsored