Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For my BB 2.3 non sas I have found that Eco helps most in stop and go traffic. I used it exclusively for a month when not on the interstate, and then only Normal for a month. My daily commute is 20 mi of country roads and occasional interstate in the evenings for errands <10mi trips.

OP
OP
WildTrak23

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In my particular case (driving 75 to 80 for long distances) the rpms settle a lot lower at cruise when in eco, so it's definitely in a higher gear. About 1800 in eco and around 2400 in normal, higher in sport.
Interesting 🤨. Next road trip I’m going to try it.

OP
OP
WildTrak23

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for any and All input. I appreciate you all!

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't used Eco mode for a long time, but found it to be no benefit on long highway drives. In the city, it's just too sluggish for my liking so I'd rather have the extra pep than any small efficiency benefit.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eco Mode changes the transmission shift points and the throttle response. When the vehicle is on the highway and at steady state….like 70 MPH, it should theoretically have no effect. In stop and go traffic it can make a difference with a conservative driver.
This. Once you are in 10th gear you are in 10th gear. It can hurt your MPG on hills since in ECO it won't downshift aggressively, which means you will be using a lot more boost uphill.

In town, if you have a gentle foot, then you might get a few extra MPG. If you are at all a normal driver, you will get better MPG in sport.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use it on my non-Sas 2.7L OBX every time I put on cruise control. Love it. Usually start in Normal/Sport mode to get onto the interstate, but after getting up to speed, I switch it over.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Coming from a S/C Mustang nothing would live up power wise so I used eco mode exclusively for the 1st year, outside testing out Normal and Sport a couple times. Had plenty of power. On road trips that are mainly freeway highway I was getting about 280-300 miles on a 2 door ( 16.9 gal ) tank. I tried normal on a couple road trips to compare and it was closer to 260-280. Hard to say for sure since these aren't controlled tests. I do have a full roof rack and Lead foot. Someone on a thread here said premium gets better mpg (I'm not sure about the accuracy) but I've now been using normal mode with premium 92 and seem to be getting the same range as eco on 87 octane. Again it's hard to say because these aren't controlled environment tests so it's not scientific. I do like that running long on normal mode I don't get the occasional hot smell that I did from time to time on eco mode.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Normal on the flats, sport in the mountains on my last road trip. Best tank I've had by far.

PXL_20230520_165730576.jpg

Buckethead

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Exp ST, ‘22 Base 2dr & ‘23 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use it all the time. I used to think there was no point since I have the MT, but you’ll start to notice that it changes the acceleration to maintain speed even if you’re in 6 all the time and really does work. I regularly get 24-25mpg even on short (150-200 mile) trips vs 23-24.
I agree 100%. Just drove a 2D MT base with 33” tires from IN to CO. ~24mpg on the flats at 75, ~22mpg on the steady climb into Denver against the wind.
Sponsored