Sponsored

Anyone else have this dealership experience?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She didn't mention suing them, you're are correct that she's not out anything but that's not the point. It's straight up identity theft for gain, it's against the law.

OP I'd either report it or at least go to the dealer armed with what you now know and demand they cancel the order in your name.

I really can't see why no one else gets this, she's canceling her order so everyone moves up one step. Anyone care to guess how many "customer" orders have been filled by sham and fraudulent dealer orders and some of you are good with that?
I don't disagree but I personally only have so much bandwidth and need to chose what I'm outraged about. This isn't in the top 100.
Sponsored

sfs1963

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 23 Bronco, 22 Toyota Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Freaking millennial's. Good luck on getting any law enforcement agency to prosecute. You are not even sure the dealer is doing this. The Ford build tracker has been hit or miss from the beginning but if you were an early res holder from the beginning you would have known this. So you are assuming the dealer is using your name yet you have no proof. Good luck. Enjoying my Badlands and oh by the way I will sell you my 74. :LOL:

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should sue them. Your damages are zero so you "deserve" nothing but I'd absolutely hire an attorney for $400/hour and go for it!!

Why can't Ford just stop this BS? Oh wait, never mind, they can, they just chose not to.

It sucks to hear about this non-sense but if I got my blood pressure up every time I heard of a car dealer screwing someone over..................wait, you weren't screwed over but other people are, so I'm supper mad!
No need to sue them. Based on the snippet from Florida's laws that's a criminal offense. Refer them to the DA.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No need to sue them. Based on the snippet from Florida's laws that's a criminal offense. Refer them to the DA.
Yea, I'm sure they don't have much else going on. Seems like a logical use of state resources to go after someone when there is no victim.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep reading that but also continue to see blue stickered Badlands and Wildtraks show up for sale on dealer lots. Just looked at a loaded 2 door Badlands, not special ordered, over the weekend. How did they get that? Customer orders are green and say Special Order.
There have been special orders with either blue or green window stickers.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should sue them. Your damages are zero so you "deserve" nothing but I'd absolutely hire an attorney for $400/hour and go for it!!

Why can't Ford just stop this BS? Oh wait, never mind, they can, they just chose not to.

It sucks to hear about this non-sense but if I got my blood pressure up every time I heard of a car dealer screwing someone over..................wait, you weren't screwed over but other people are, so I'm supper mad!
It's not Ford it's the dealership.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't disagree but I personally only have so much bandwidth and need to chose what I'm outraged about. This isn't in the top 100.
Well, you're investing $50k with a company that allows this so pick and choose your battles as you wish. This could easily be any of us in this circumstance, some will see it as a problem others obviously don't and move on.

Is this a victimless crime? Mmm, yes and no. Dealership is gaining an asset that they will profit on and odds are it's not the first time. So whIle they and I'm sure others are gaming the system reservation holders are waiting in queue.

Once again, some obviously don't care.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope. Once Ford pivoted back to the allocation model rather than the build in order reservations received, this is no longer the case. Your dealer will only get a certain number of Bronco's. Having your reservation attached to it means almost nothing at this point.

Actually, without COVP, it won't get built anyway.
Nope, Ford decided to back away from that position. Ford said that they don't GAF anymore about COVP (obviously the bigger dealers with sway complained). Now COVP will only be weaponized against some "bad" dealers. COVP no longer matters (per Tim at Long McArthur Ford this past week).

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not true. Dealers can only order lesser models as stock. Keeping a cancelled a customer order allowed the dealer to get a trim they would not have had access to
It's an Outer Banks. Dealers can order Outer Banks. If it has a MIC top, or it is a 2-Door, they are not supposed to be able to order those.
Sponsored