Sponsored

Anyone else have this dealership experience?

Pit Bear

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd call the dealer and ask them for a taste of the profit above MSRP they will get...say 10% or call Ford and explain there is a huge mistake.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure Ford is well aware of what's going on and frankly, doesn't care. After the larger dealers made a stink about allocations and FoMoCo changed it up, they could care less if a dealer is taking an abandoned order and selling it as their own. Someone's gonna buy it, Ford doesn't care who does.

I had a late reservation, choose to cancel it, and as of today, Ford is telling me that my 23 order has been submitted. I could not care any less.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not true. Dealers can only order lesser models as stock. Keeping a cancelled a customer order allowed the dealer to get a trim they would not have had access to
I keep reading that but also continue to see blue stickered Badlands and Wildtraks show up for sale on dealer lots. Just looked at a loaded 2 door Badlands, not special ordered, over the weekend. How did they get that? Customer orders are green and say Special Order.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I keep reading that but also continue to see blue stickered Badlands and Wildtraks show up for sale on dealer lots. Just looked at a loaded 2 door Badlands, not special ordered, over the weekend. How did they get that? Customer orders are green and say Special Order.
That is very frustrating. I haven't seen that yet. I'll keep my eyes open. then tweet my favorite @Ford Motor Company targets so they know. :)

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may not technically be identity theft, but what would it be if this dealership just pulled names from a phone book ( yeah I am that old and remember phone books) , and used those names to make bogus orders? I realize they need a prior order name to make a new order at this time, but it is the same exact scenario. Bogus order using someone’s name.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So where are you now @Ford Motor Company, is this how you let your dealers behave?

I cancelled my Grangtober order online thru my Ford account, can you try that or is the only way now thru the dealer?

You can always call your State's Attorney General and report them, to me its straight up identity theft and they are gaining from this!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sfs1963

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 23 Bronco, 22 Toyota Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
No theft here. You backed out and they gave you your money back............................No identity theft either. They did not gain credit nor anything else other than creating dealer stock. You should have waited like me and others. Late res holder and bitching............just leave the forum and buy a Jeep or rather a Fiat. Later.

TheAaronPerry

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Identity theft” 🤣🤣🤣🤣 That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on this forum and I’ve read a lot of ridiculous stuff on this forum. The things that keep people up at night. Oh the horror. 🤣🤣🤣 You got your money back, who cares. Move on. If I was a Ford dealer I’d do the same thing 100%. Seriously, back away from the computer and get some fresh air. Life is way to short to worry about what some random car dealership is doing with your canceled order. End of the day it’s just a car.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here's Florida State law on identity threat:

775.084. (b) Any person who willfully and without authorization fraudulently uses personal identification information concerning a person without first obtaining that person's consent commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.

If they gain by using your identity:

(c) Any person who willfully and without authorization fraudulently uses personal identification information concerning a person without first obtaining that person’s consent commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if the pecuniary benefit, the value of the services received, the payment sought to be avoided, or the amount of the injury or fraud perpetrated is $50,000 or more or if the person fraudulently uses the personal identification information of 20 or more persons, but fewer than 30 persons, without their consent. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the court shall sentence any person convicted of committing the offense described in this paragraph to a mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years’ imprisonment. If the pecuniary benefit, the value of the services received, the payment sought to be avoided, or the amount of the injury or fraud perpetrated is $100,000 or more, or if the person fraudulently uses the personal identification information of 30 or more persons without their consent, notwithstanding any other provision of law, the court shall sentence any person convicted of committing the offense described in this paragraph to a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years’ imprisonment.

Here's the full statue:

https://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2017/817.568#:~:text=775.084.,775.082, s.

OP
OP

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No theft here. You backed out and they gave you your money back............................No identity theft either. They did not gain credit nor anything else other than creating dealer stock. You should have waited like me and others. Late res holder and bitching............just leave the forum and buy a Jeep or rather a Fiat. Later.
I did a little digging and this is in fact identity theft and violation of the Florida information protection act of 2014 and NB969 consumer protection act. So yeah, thanks for your uninformed comment.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a little digging and this is in fact identity theft and violation of the Florida information protection act of 2014 and NB969 consumer protection act. So yeah, thanks for your uninformed comment.
You should sue them. Your damages are zero so you "deserve" nothing but I'd absolutely hire an attorney for $400/hour and go for it!!

Why can't Ford just stop this BS? Oh wait, never mind, they can, they just chose not to.

It sucks to hear about this non-sense but if I got my blood pressure up every time I heard of a car dealer screwing someone over..................wait, you weren't screwed over but other people are, so I'm supper mad!

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Call ford. Take it back.
I cancelled my Bronco Wildtrack build in July because, well, the whole Bronco ordering and delivery experience is a shit show. I completed the cancellation form, got my deposit back, etc.
Yesterday I got an email from Ford saying that my “order” has been converted to a 2023 Outer Banks and order confirmed. So I called the dealership that I had my previous order with and they said that this was a SNAFU and that I should just unsubscribe from the Ford emails.
It sounds to me like the dealership actually didn’t cancel my order and kept it and converted it so they could get another Bronco on their lot to sell at above retail. Not only is this scammy and using my name for their games but also clogs up one more retail order in the pipeline while all you guys and gals wait on your order.

thoughts?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You should sue them. Your damages are zero so you "deserve" nothing but I'd absolutely hire an attorney for $400/hour and go for it!!

Why can't Ford just stop this BS? Oh wait, never mind, they can, they just chose not to.
She didn't mention suing them, you're are correct that she's not out anything but that's not the point. It's straight up identity theft for gain, it's against the law.

OP I'd either report it or at least go to the dealer armed with what you now know and demand they cancel the order in your name.

I really can't see why no one else gets this, she's canceling her order so everyone moves up one step. Anyone care to guess how many "customer" orders have been filled by sham and fraudulent dealer orders and some of you are good with that?

Edit - apologies, account name is Nate, so not she/her, correct?
Sponsored

Last edited: