Sponsored

Anyone else have this dealership experience?

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cancelled my Bronco Wildtrack build in July because, well, the whole Bronco ordering and delivery experience is a shit show. I completed the cancellation form, got my deposit back, etc.
Yesterday I got an email from Ford saying that my “order” has been converted to a 2023 Outer Banks and order confirmed. So I called the dealership that I had my previous order with and they said that this was a SNAFU and that I should just unsubscribe from the Ford emails.
It sounds to me like the dealership actually didn’t cancel my order and kept it and converted it so they could get another Bronco on their lot to sell at above retail. Not only is this scammy and using my name for their games but also clogs up one more retail order in the pipeline while all you guys and gals wait on your order.

thoughts?
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's exactly what they did and I don't blame them. They gave you your money back so it makes no difference to you.

OP
OP

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's exactly what they did and I don't blame them. They gave you your money back so it makes no difference to you.
It does make a difference to me. It’s identity theft at that point

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't go as far as to call it identity theft. They haven't stolen anything from you, you're not harmed in any way. I understand why they're doing it.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
How exactly is it identity theft?

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer is gaming the system and getting a bronco they would not have access to as a stock order, taking parts away from legit orders.

Edit ... Not saying this is or is not identify theft. But the dealer did something shady.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as they stay under the "80% rule", they're in the clear and I don't blame them one bit. You could always try to claim it as your own and flip it yourself once it arrives

OP
OP

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How exactly is it identity theft?
Someone is ordering something in my name. Regardless of whether money transfer has occurred. This is the dealership scamming Ford. It’s dirty

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as they stay under the "80% rule", they're in the clear and I don't blame them one bit. You could always try to claim it as your own and flip it yourself once it arrives
This...

Ya should've kept it and if/when it arrived, at that point make a decision... Purchase and flip, say nevermind (they still get their Bronco), or purchase and keep.

Either way, this one Bronco isn't making or breaking the dealership.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone is ordering something in my name. Regardless of whether money transfer has occurred. This is the dealership scamming Ford. It’s dirty
Nope. Once Ford pivoted back to the allocation model rather than the build in order reservations received, this is no longer the case. Your dealer will only get a certain number of Bronco's. Having your reservation attached to it means almost nothing at this point.

Actually, without COVP, it won't get built anyway.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't go as far as to call it identity theft. They haven't stolen anything from you, you're not harmed in any way. I understand why they're doing it.
If Ford is requiring an ID verification to convert it into a MY23 order, and they are still claiming he is still ordering it, it is identity theft. The same as if I used your photos and information to open a false Facebook account, while not harming you. They are using his name for their gain, No?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is tied to his Ford account and therefore wrong, other people have posted dealers doing this too.

If Ford is requiring an ID verification to convert it into a MY23 order, and they are still claiming he is still ordering it, it is identity theft. The same as if I used your photos and information to open a false Facebook account, while not harming you. They are using his name for their gain, No?
Yep. I had to submit a copy of dl for my new order.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having your reservation attached to it means almost nothing at this point.
Not true. Dealers can only order lesser models as stock. Keeping a cancelled a customer order allowed the dealer to get a trim they would not have had access to

sda3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This exactly. While I can see why they would want to use an existing order to get stock rather than canceling, Ordering in a customer's name and with their identification is definitely identity theft. I'm sure there are plenty of you that didn't give the dealer a copy of your ID and deposit when you ordered but there are many dealerships that required it even before Ford Corporate's COVP. When I ordered mine back in Oct. 2021 the dealer took a copy of my license and a deposit and gave me a signed purchase agreement and the DORA once the order was submitted. If I chose to cancel that order and they use that copy of my license on file to convert to a 23 and verify with COVP that is most certainly identity theft and should be treated as such.
Sponsored