Sponsored

Anyone else's insurance going up like crazy this year?

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good lord IDK about that. We might just be eating at different places. Copenhagen a few months ago had me wondering how people live there full time. It's typically the craft beer that gets me in trouble though honestly.
I was in Portugal and a bottle of beer cost less than a bottle of water.... We will retire there.
Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nah, I'll stick to the West Coast, we have these things called 'mountains'. There's pictures of them in books and online in case you've never seen a real one.
Great story Bro.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not car related, but recently found out that at some point in the last 4 years my agent changed my policy to a ridiculously high deductible without properly informing us. Apparently premiums went up so much she didn’t want to lose our business, so she changed our policy so we wouldn’t notice our auto draft change much. I’m furious. I would happily pay more premium to have a lower deductible. I live in Oklahoma. I found out when I tried to make my first claim in 6 years after some roof damage from a storm. My deductible is just under $8k. Which btw, is less than a new roof out of pocket. Apparently insurance agents have incentives/commission like structures and customer retention is a big factor. So I’ll be dipping into various retirement funds for a roof this year because insurance agents are under such pressure they’re acting unethically.
I used to be in the insurance biz and this is a HUGE no go. You have serious legs to stand on to recoup that difference. If I were them I would happily settle that quickly.

Edit: I read more of the thread and yeah, you probably were sent a letter regarding wind/hail deductible at some point in those 6 years.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah, I'll stick to the West Coast, we have these things called 'mountains'. There's pictures of them in books and online in case you've never seen a real one.

Long time no see. I wrote you a poem (or did I?)

HotdogThud, what a name! It makes me hungry all the same, For a juicy hotdog piled high, With ketchup, mustard, and a pickle nearby.

But who is this HotdogThud, I wonder? Are they a person or just a name to ponder? Perhaps they're a foodie, like me, Or a gamer with a quirky username, you see.

Regardless of who they are, I hope they're happy, near or far, And that their days are filled with joy, Like a child with a new toy.

So here's to you, HotdogThud, May your life be full of good, And may you always find a reason to smile, Even when life throws you a trial.

For you are more than just a name, You're a person, with dreams and aims, And I hope you know, deep down inside, That you are loved, and your worth cannot be denied.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used to be in the insurance biz and this is a HUGE no go. You have serious legs to stand on to recoup that difference. If I were them I would happily settle that quickly.

Edit: I read more of the thread and yeah, you probably were sent a letter regarding wind/hail deductible at some point in those 6 years.
As you no as a former agent.... People never get the bills, but they always seem to receive the non pay notices. And the def never read the letters
Sponsored