Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack, 21 Dodge Ram Rebel, '66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey folks,

I'm leery that the interior paint on the tailgate is going to get scratched when loading and things bouncing around. I did a search but didn't find anything that covers this entirely, and it is odd to me that the inside of the tailgate has scratch-able paint on it. I've seen the table, etc., but that doesn't cover the whole thing. Anyone found something or have the same concern?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order some wrap. Clear or colored. Or search Seadek. Buy a blank sheet and cut it to fit. Thin very durable foam for boat floors and self adhesive back. When it come time to remove it, that’s tough.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw a thread awhile back where someone put bumper stickers from their journeys on the inside of the tailgate, joking that it was to protect the paint.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks,

I'm leery that the interior paint on the tailgate is going to get scratched when loading and things bouncing around. I did a search but didn't find anything that covers this entirely, and it is odd to me that the inside of the tailgate has scratch-able paint on it. I've seen the table, etc., but that doesn't cover the whole thing. Anyone found something or have the same concern?

Thanks!
The red is just to show you where the PPF would cover (it is obviously clear). I put this on 10 months ago and it works, but I guess it depends on what you will have in the back scratching around.

https://www.undergroundgraphics.com/collections/ford/products/bronco-rear-gate-door-ppf

OP
OP

228R0NC0

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw a thread awhile back where someone put bumper stickers from their journeys on the inside of the tailgate, joking that it was to protect the paint.
haha... maybe... maybe

Sponsored
OP
OP

228R0NC0

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Order some wrap. Clear or colored. Or search Seadek. Buy a blank sheet and cut it to fit. Thin very durable foam for boat floors and self adhesive back. When it come time to remove it, that’s tough.
Agree, could do this. Was wondering if there is something more aftermarket that fits it and can double up on functionality, e.g. a molle canvas cover, etc.

OP
OP

228R0NC0

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been using a net for a year or so.... It keeps cargo restrained and gives me additional storage locations. So far, no tailgate scratches.

20220502_113427.jpg

OP
OP

228R0NC0

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been using a net for a year or so.... It keeps cargo restrained and gives me additional storage locations. So far, no tailgate scratches.

Ford Bronco Anyone found something to protect the interior paint on the tailgate 20220502_113427
Good concept - nice work!

Sponsored
OP
OP

228R0NC0

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The red is just to show you where the PPF would cover (it is obviously clear). I put this on 10 months ago and it works, but I guess it depends on what you will have in the back scratching around.

https://www.undergroundgraphics.com/collections/ford/products/bronco-rear-gate-door-ppf
I heard back from underground graphics - quickly! They could do it, but without a bunch of people interested, it would be around $250... so, if folks are interested, I'd gladly keep a list and see if we can get to critical mass and get the price to something more reasonable. Let me know if you are interested.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard back from underground graphics - quickly! They could do it, but without a bunch of people interested, it would be around $250... so, if folks are interested, I'd gladly keep a list and see if we can get to critical mass and get the price to something more reasonable. Let me know if you are interested.
Very cool they were responsive. Good luck on your quest.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be having it Line-X'd at some point.
Yep bed lining to the rescue. You can go high end like the line-x or low end like Raptor liner or even the duplicolor spray cans from walmart, they are easy and cheap to touch up.

I like raptor liner because you can get the clear and paint match.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just picked up my Bronco from Ceramic Pro, had them PPF the inside of the door instead of the outside.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just flip the wool blanket that is part of my winter kit over the toolbox, shovel etc. that might bang or scratch. I'm cheap I guess?
Sponsored