First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,qx80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious if anyone has ordered and received the new "hoop step" option yet..if so I'd love to see a picture.. I'd really like to add them to my order in place of the running boards but I don't know how the ford gods will treat me ...dont want to get pushed to 23 for a 22.5 option 🤔..lol who am I kidding.. I probably will get pushed no matter what..I guess I'll add them...PICs if you actually have em on your rig please !
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't have my Bronco yet, but here it is rolling off the assembly line with the factory hoop step. My dealership did not penalize me for changing my order - I made the swap in April, I think.

Ford Bronco Anyone get the new ford hoop step yet? image

2DoorForSure

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
McLaren, AMG, Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@sjp How do you like the hoop step on your 2 door?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@sjp How do you like the hoop step on your 2 door?
I love it! The original tube step was the only thing that really bothered me about the Bronco when I tried it out at a few events. It seemed too narrow to get my foot on comfortably. I had to turn my leg into an awkward position to avoid hitting the body, and so I tended to skip the step altogether and make the big step right into the vehicle. Pretty much defeated the whole purpose of the step.

This hoop step is the perfect size and width. I use it every time without even thinking about it. Plus, I think it looks really cool. I'm very glad I switched.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That rail is not a rock slider, Ford states it will not hold the weight of the vehicle (just FYI)
I know. I knew that when I bought it. I don't care. I will never take my Bronco rock crawling.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I know. I knew that when I bought it. I don't care. I will never take my Bronco rock crawling.
good. some don't know. A lot of people are confused by these though because it would have been too easy for Ford to make a hoop step for the real rock-rail.

Reactions: sjp

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am waiting for the step to be an accessory order after the fact. I don‘t need it to access the front seats of my 2D, but it would come in handy for getting in and out of the back two seats. So I wait until they become available.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

good. some don't know. A lot of people are confused by these though because it would have been too easy for Ford to make a hoop step for the real rock-rail.
Right? I don't know why they didn't. It would have been a very easy upsell for them. Not to me so much (haha, again, I will not be rock crawling) but I think a lot of people would have ponied up the cash to get it from Ford rather than settling for a subpar tube step and going after-market for a real rock rail and step.

Sponsored

GOATS

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imaginary Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love it! The original tube step was the only thing that really bothered me about the Bronco when I tried it out at a few events. It seemed too narrow to get my foot on comfortably. I had to turn my leg into an awkward position to avoid hitting the body, and so I tended to skip the step altogether and make the big step right into the vehicle. Pretty much defeated the whole purpose of the step.

This hoop step is the perfect size and width. I use it every time without even thinking about it. Plus, I think it looks really cool. I'm very glad I switched.
What are the OEM hoop steps made of? Steel? Aluminum? Thanks!

*Edit - found the answer on another thread... cast aluminum rails and hoop steps. Thanks greendiamond!

Last edited:

MattJ716

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST - 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Anyone get the new ford hoop step yet? Untitled

Love the hoop step from factory on our 4-door.

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks…question on this topic: I have a BL 2dr which came with factory rails and would like to add the factory hoop step. Does it somehow mount over the rail or does the rail need to come off?

948EF6F2-81D7-4324-B930-E59CE120C9DC.jpeg

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey folks…question on this topic: I have a BL 2dr which came with factory rails and would like to add the factory hoop step. Does it somehow mount over the rail or does the rail need to come off?

948EF6F2-81D7-4324-B930-E59CE120C9DC.jpeg
Rock rail comes off, new rail goes on w steps

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, thanks for the response. As can be seen in the pic of my truck, the current rail does a nice job of dressing up the rocker/pinch weld area, so hoping the hoop step/rail replacement does as good a job.
Sponsored