Sponsored

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not interested unless hey are easily attachable/removable from factory sliders. If they are, send it! (Sorry, wrong thread)

They look good and appear to be well priced (as long as it isn’t $350 a pair). Liking the IAGs but was hoping for $400 for a set and the ARs are really nice but too pricey for me. Same with their BYOD rail; awesome, but pricey…looking forward to what @Mabett develops for the rail!
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a hard time deciding too until I saw the steps hanging below the sliders. I dont think AR's on the highest setting sit below it. Plus, the AR's are very nicely made.
I'd like to know which comes off quickest, that's most important to me. I'll only run a passenger side when I have passengers. It will just be in the way on my side.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The build & price added a new option to all trims apart from Raptor to add removable hoop steps to the rock rails. Ford Authority is reporting that this won't be a Ford accessory available part and it's unclear if this can be purchased after the fact. But both Ford and Ford Authority stop short of providing much information beyond that. Specifically I'd like to know if adding this option replaces whatever steps or rock rail that comes with your trim with something else that these steps can be mounted to, or if they are simply made to attach to the currently available rock rail, or what?

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The build & price added a new option to all trims apart from Raptor to add removable hoop steps to the rock rails. Ford Authority is reporting that this won't be a Ford accessory available part and it's unclear if this can be purchased after the fact. But both Ford and Ford Authority stop short of providing much information beyond that. Specifically I'd like to know if adding this option replaces whatever steps or rock rail that comes with your trim with something else that these steps can be mounted to, or if they are simply made to attach to the currently available rock rail, or what?
Ford Authority's quote:

It’s a freestanding option in the Bronco lineup – not a Ford accessory catalog item or dealer-installed option – so it’s unclear if it will be available to current Bronco owners,
We're still missing a lot of information. It seems crazy for Ford to not offer these as an accessory, but hey... it's Ford and Bronco, so crazy is to be expected.

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Avoid these if you off road at all.

They get stuck on EVERYTHING. Very similar to the steps that come on the Tremor package for Ranger. I had to take them off almost immediately.
you think its because they are like a hoop, the AR stirrup and IAG one are both more like a plate, is that design better you think or just anything hanging off the rock rail is gonna catch, i mean catching some sometime i could see but your saying catching very often right, any thoughts??

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How are we supposed to get these if they aren't a Ford accessory? I went in to my dealership yesterday to add them to my build order and they aren't in the system? I want these but can't figure out how to get them!

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Avoid these if you off road at all.

They get stuck on EVERYTHING. Very similar to the steps that come on the Tremor package for Ranger. I had to take them off almost immediately.
The steps are removable, they are not like the tremor steps at all on the Ranger. Cmon man look at the picture closely, you can see the bolts to remove them! 😂

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are we supposed to get these if they aren't a Ford accessory? I went in to my dealership yesterday to add them to my build order and they aren't in the system? I want these but can't figure out how to get them!
If it’s available to put on the bronco build it’s available to buy in the ford store but it will come at a premium. I elected to buy the tube steps that come on the wildtrak and OuterBanks for my badlands, they were $600 each side retail but with my Ford discount I paid just under $1,000 for the pair.

You’ll need a factory part number to purchase them. I’ll work on getting that part number.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The steps are removable, they are not like the tremor steps at all on the Ranger. Cmon man look at the picture closely, you can see the bolts to remove them! 😂
Yeah removal looks a bit easier.. but still so many better options out there. These things are a libido killer on top of it. I stand firm. :cool:

Sponsored

JLendo18

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 1st Edition Bronco Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just saw those too and was wondering the same thing! I was building my BD again to see how pricing changed, and that was an option. BD’s come with the rock rails, so it would seem to me that they just attach to the rock rails somehow.
I don’t want to go back and change my order, so I’m hoping we could order these aftermarket.
I am waiting to see if those are bolt on removable to existing rock slides I have on my first edition. I was also looking at the nuclear option. Rock Slide engineering has a automatic drop step on legit rock sliders. Over 2k though.. Or maybe I just continue to enjoy short and old people trying to get in my Bronco. HAHaha

https://rockslideengineering.com/ford-bronco/

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am waiting to see if those are bolt on removable to existing rock slides I have on my first edition. I was also looking at the nuclear option. Rock Slide engineering has a automatic drop step on legit rock sliders. Over 2k though.. Or maybe I just continue to enjoy short and old people trying to get in my Bronco. HAHaha

https://rockslideengineering.com/ford-bronco/
Lol! Yeah, I get a kick out of watching my mom try to climb into my ‘70! Still no side steps, and even I struggle at 5’10!
There are some other steps that hook onto the rock rails that I found on the forum..I really like those! I need to find the name, though. These steps are mainly for my two girls, 4 and 10, to climb in. I’d hate to drop $2k on some automatic steps. 😬

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wonder if they work with the ford splash guards or are these going to be like the Ford rock rails and tube steps? :unsure:

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I read “hood step” and then clicked the link and got disappointed

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Photos of the steps are available on a thread started by an admin on Bronco Nation, found these supposed clarifications from Ford on this option:

1. The rails that the steps attach to are not the same as the rock sliders that are available on Bronco. They cannot hold the weight of the vehicle.
2. The steps do not work with existing rock rails. It's a different profile.
Sponsored