Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These look like the same hoop steps on my Ranger Tremor Package. They do attach to a rock rail (the Ranger's rail is different so I am guessing the mounting angles on the back are different). They are Line-x coated, VERY strong and durable. Price looks good too.
That’s good to know, thank you! I didn’t want to lose my rock rails, so these seem like a great option to help my girls get in. I’m scared to make any changes to my order, so I’m hoping I can buy them later from Ford. 🙂
Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not that B&P images are 100% accurate, but here is high-res closeups
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Removable Hoop Step Option From Factory 1645577237323

Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Removable Hoop Step Option From Factory 1645577000903

Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Removable Hoop Step Option From Factory 1645576256219

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good option from the factory! I still prefer the AR ones for looks and function (2 height settings plus easy to remove and install)

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tube doors for the two door went up 75%
That haven't grown on me enough to get a set

Still holding out for a 1/2 door filler like the Roadster

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that B&P images are 100% accurate, but here is high-res closeups

The attachment does look a bit better than the Tremor, at least. These might be usable from that perspective.. but they're going to get caught on everything. Logs, rocks, small children.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they go on the same way (looks to be the same step), it's not exactly what I consider easy. Still involves laying in the dirt to take them on and off before/after every trip. It helps to use a battery powered socket wrench like the Milwaukee M12.

Also, I'm curious how the backwards compatibility will work as these need to be bolted into the rock sliders, and the existing rock sliders lack those holes.

On my Tremor, the holes for the step created a weak point in the sliders and I actually bent my rockslider fairly bad when I hit a rock without the step installed.

I mean, you guys are grown ups and you can obviously do as you please..I'm just letting you know the perspective as pretty much one of the only guys wheeling a Bronco right now that's also wheeled those exact steps before.

On the Tremor, they bolt in from the bottom with 2 fairly large bolts, so you need holes through the top and bottom of the rockslider to attach the steps.
These look like they attach differently, but I agree. They were pretty worthless on the tremor, super light-weight, attached to body, and when you removed the steps would leave large cutouts in the rails. They were pretty much the only part of the tremor package that I didn't like. I know his name gets bad press on here, but even on Mike Levine's tremor he took them off right away, lol.

Again, these look similar...but could be different. If they are like the tremor rails and you plan on off-roading where you would need a moderate amount of clearance, I would avoid them. If you're not off-roading and need steps then they should be fine calf-scrapers.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These look like they attach differently, but I agree. They were pretty worthless on the tremor, super light-weight, attached to body, and when you removed the steps would leave large cutouts in the rails. They were pretty much the only part of the tremor package that I didn't like. I know his name gets bad press on here, but even on Mike Levine's tremor he took them off right away, lol.

Again, these look similar...but could be different. If they are like the tremor rails and you plan on off-roading where you would need a moderate amount of clearance, I would avoid them. If you're not off-roading and need steps then they should be fine calf-scrapers.
It looks like they attach through the side of the rail now instead the bottom.. so at least removal is easier. With that said, they still stick down below the rock slider and stick out too far.

I said the same thing to Ford Engineering when I had a chance to talk to them about it. The steps look great, but are TERRIBLE on an off-road oriented vehicle.

I taco'd my rock slider right where the front driver step attached due to the weakness created by adding the mounting locations for the steps. Otherwise, those were fairly decent rockslides for factory.

If someone's idea of off-roading is driving down a sandy Florida beach, these steps will work great. If you have to rely on ground clearance.. Oof. They catch EVERYWHERE.

Sponsored

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird. I was close to pulling the trigger on the AR Stirrups but can't make up my mind.
Good option from the factory! I still prefer the AR ones for looks and function (2 height settings plus easy to remove and install)
I had a hard time deciding too until I saw the steps hanging below the sliders. I dont think AR's on the highest setting sit below it. Plus, the AR's are very nicely made.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m very intrigued. Sunday we drove friends to lunch… and I didn’t realize that the truck was impossible for a shorter woman without a step.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was interested until seeing them on the tremor. I think out of the 3 options I prefer the IAG right now.

Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Removable Hoop Step Option From Factory 7ihf5MK
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Removable Hoop Step Option From Factory NK5AcgC

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was interested until seeing them on the tremor. I think out of the 3 options I prefer the IAG right now.
Are they referred to as "removable" on the Tremor.
Sponsored