Sponsored

Anyone getting a Non-Sasquatched Badlands?

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends.... I might just want all those things just in case I ever need to traverse a mountain. You never know. Like I said, my main issue is determining if the mud tires are going to be somehow bothersome to me (vs 33s). That being said, I'd like to see if the added height is visually apparent (for the Sasquatch lift and the extra tire). If not, then I would just to the 33s.
They're not mud tires, the MT with the Goodyears stands for max traction, there's a whole video on it.
Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately I can’t change my username because now I’m not getting either the BD or Sasquatch. The Badlands comes standard with everything I’ll need for intermediate trails and overlanding. The 33 m/t’s are perfect, manual transmission and I’ll do some (already proven) upgrades to the 2.3. Intercooler, intake, and a tune. As it’s been stated the beadlocks are much heavier and very type specific to your off-roading intentions. Unless you’re planning on airing way down for some big bouldering they’ll be simply aesthetic so the Sasquatch package would be $$$ wasted for me. Plus no manual option.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the wench work the winch? Or give you pints if ale haha? In all seriousness it's a tough decision for me, in the end it comes down to seeing the b&p.
LOL

Damn autocorrect.

Same here, waiting for B&P. Drinking awesome SoCal Ales. My favorite is currently Mike Hess Brewing - Into the Sunset.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're not mud tires, the MT with the Goodyears stands for max traction, there's a whole video on it.
Ford markets them as Mud Terrain in their Bronco brochures and website. Goodyear markets all of their M/Ts now as “Max Traction” per that video...so kind of semantics.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not writing off the Sasquatch pkg on my badlands, but if it ends up being $2500 I think I’ll pass. $1500 max and I’ll probably bite unless I decide to go with the 2.7 then I may have to re-glance at it all. I really want the high pkg but we’ll see. I want the bad lands for the sway bar disco, as I will probably use it quite a bit. If it wasn’t for that I’d probably just get the wildtrax. ?

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only way I move off the squatched 2.7 BD to the BL is if they offer the black punted HT on the 2 door. Anyone get confirmation on that?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately I can’t change my username because now I’m not getting either the BD or Sasquatch. The Badlands comes standard with everything I’ll need for intermediate trails and overlanding. The 33 m/t’s are perfect, manual transmission and I’ll do some (already proven) upgrades to the 2.3. Intercooler, intake, and a tune. As it’s been stated the beadlocks are much heavier and very type specific to your off-roading intentions. Unless you’re planning on airing way down for some big bouldering they’ll be simply aesthetic so the Sasquatch package would be $$$ wasted for me. Plus no manual option.
As I stated above...but I'm not 100% clear on...it appears from a thread by @Aman there IS going to be a badlands NON squatch optional beadlock wheel available. I hope this info is correct because then my planned build will be PERFECT! Had originally planned wheels and tires for my DIY mansquatch. Badlands beadlock reduces that shopping list to rubber only. And no goodyears!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep going back and forth on the sasquatch as the only thing I truly want out of the package is the 4.7 gears. I plan on running 35's or possibly 37's but not sold on these new goodyear M/T max/mud/multiple traction/terrain tires or whatever they are supposed to be.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I stated above...but I'm not 100% clear on...it appears from a thread by @Aman there IS going to be a badlands NON squatch optional beadlock wheel available. I hope this info is correct because then my planned build will be PERFECT! Had originally planned wheels and tires for my DIY mansquatch. Badlands beadlock reduces that shopping list to rubber only. And no goodyears!
I was told that they would be available with the 33" tires and what is interesting is that they appear to be the "Warm Alloy" rings, not the "Carbonized Gray" rings.
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Forged Aluminum with Carbonized Gray Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Forged Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels
Link to thread.

2021-bronco-nyse-5-jpg-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-nyse-10-jpg-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I want to SAS but I'm not feeling the MTs or the wheels. LOL!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am leaning towards the Badlands w/o sas because I want the manual and that is as close as you can get to a sas. I also prefer the 33 over the 35 so I am completely fine w/o sas.
I feel the same.
I’m going for the Badlands stick no squash. I will probably take it off road maybe once or twice a year so no need to go crazy. When the B&P is out I will figure out if I am going lux or not.

Now if I just can get my daughters to stop trying to brow beat me into getting an automatic I will be all set.
That’s why I’m getting two. One Outer Banks for her first car and one Badlands MT non squatch with 33 beadlocks High package for me. Got to have that tailgate too.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good
I was told that they would be available with the 33" tires and what is interesting is that they appear to be the "Warm Alloy" rings, not the "Carbonized Gray" rings.
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Forged Aluminum with Carbonized Gray Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Forged Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels
Link to thread.

Link to thread.

Thanks @Aman for excellent journalism! That little detail has shifted my working plan to the following: order my 2dr BL as originally planned. Pick up a set of procomp or equivalent steelies in 6Ă—5.5 in whatever backspace I need. Dismount my 33s (I would choose the bfg ko2s for this as they are an EXCELLENT street/light offroad tire). Mount the 33s to the steelies and call those my "street" wheels. Add lift needed for 35/37. Mount some radical off road rubber to my beadlocks w/the optional "off road only" rings. Install wheels needed as weekend activities dictate!
Sponsored